OPEN LETTER TO THE BOARD AND ANYONE ELSE

6 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

No I didn’t. 

I don’t think so, no. 

Really?

You genuinely believe it is right to ask fans to buy into an unknown quantity?

Would you go into a shop and buy something without knowing what you actually get for your monry?

Oh... And allow me to quote you... 

Club (our new ownership) takes action following feedback from supporters to survey views: Still moan. 

13 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Really?

You genuinely believe it is right to ask fans to buy into an unknown quantity?

Would you go into a shop and buy something without knowing what you actually get for your monry?

Oh... And allow me to quote you... 

Club (our new ownership) takes action following feedback from supporters to survey views: Still moan. 

Yes I do. I would imagine, most fans that buy season tickets will do it regardless of the outcome of the survey. We also don’t have a great length of time before we start to kick on towards a new season. Who knows, we might get some pre-season friendlies on our tickets.

I also don’t accept the analogy. For me at least, my loyalty to St Mirren is far stronger than any shop & there is nothing the survey could reasonably show that will change my mind on getting a season ticket so the point is moot. If other fans feel differently, don’t get a season ticket yet. 

Getting an idea of season ticket sales early on, I’m sure will be quite important on budgeting & spending. I wouldn’t delay it for a fan survey.

My point regarding feedback was over the course of the two stand arrangement. There has been significant feedback from some fans & the board have acted upon that in looking at other avenues & engaging fans with the survey. I thought that was clear (I literally say ‘to survey views’) given we pretty much all know, the survey hasn’t been completed. If you’ve miss-understood, fine. Hopefully this helps clarify it. 

Edited by bazil85

14 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Yes I do. I would imagine, most fans that buy season tickets will do it regardless of the outcome of the survey.

Agreed , the 2 stand thing is a big deal on this forum , but in general the folk who have bought STs for the last few years will do so again. 

I would make it a category 'A' match against them and charge them £40 or more for a ticket. I would let our South Stand season ticket holders buy tickets for the main or west stand for a token price (£10?) and sell non season ticket holders main/west stand tickets to people who had bought tickets for the previous two home matches for the usual price or less. Or maybe a three match ticket for a reasonable price.

Not sure what they charge us for Ibrox or Parkhead , but I would also suggest that none of our supporters go to give them another small financial hit as well as a protest against their unsavoury behaviour when they turn up at our ground.

Maybe see if we could get other clubs on board with this so that they have to pay through the nose for the crap they bring.

The 2 stand issue is a quite major one for me but it is not and never will be enough for me to consider not buying a ST.

The only time I've ever genuinely considered withdrawing my custom from the club was when we were asked en masse to go with the board's intention of voting to retain Rangers in the SPL in spite of liquidation. That was a bridge too far and was glad they took on popular opinion and saw sense.

For the first few years at the new ground we gave them half the west stand. That seemed to work. To return to that we would need to rehouse the super fans / wee Ned's in  W7. Why not ? 

There is a hysteria about all this that makes no sense. Take as much money from the OF that we can because we certainly cannot fill all the seats . Yes the OF are low life but we are stuck with them so screw them for as much as we can. I wish we could fill all the seats but we can't and probably never will . Principles don't provide money to improve the squad. Get real.

As a St Mirren fan I have never bought an away ticket at our ground, so don’t know what they currently cost. I like the idea mentioned earlier in the thread that this be, as they described it, a Category A game and tickets priced at £40 a head. I have changed my mind though on allocating two stands and would now prefer to only give the North Stand to visiting supporters. The real challenge is for the board to create an interest in the club and team sufficient to bring in 5,000 to 6,000 home fans to each game. Over to you Mr Chairman and Mr Lasley.

Edited by Rascal

1 hour ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

You can’t charge higher amounts for away fans over home tickets for the same match.

OK. But I think you could sell 3 match packages and were we not selling cut price tickets for the main/west stand to south stand season ticket holders this season?

Anyway, if it is a financial necessity, we should be screwing as much as possible. If a million of them can afford to pay thousands to go to Seville then I am sure there will be a few thousand daft enough to pay over the odds to come to Paisley,

Edited by ianmac

16 minutes ago, ianmac said:

OK. But I think you could sell 3 match packages and were we not selling cut price tickets for the main/west stand to south stand season ticket holders this season?

Anyway, if it is a financial necessity, we should be screwing as much as possible. If a million of them can afford to pay thousands to go to Seville then I am sure there will be a few thousand daft enough to pay over the odds to come to Paisley,

It’s mute point, the league decides the pricing structure, the club’s can’t unilaterally change the price of tickets. 

2 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

It’s mute point, the league decides the pricing structure, the club’s can’t unilaterally change the price of tickets. 

OK. I don't know the ins and out of what is allowed, but clubs do seem to charge different prices for different clubs coming.

11 minutes ago, ianmac said:

OK. I don't know the ins and out of what is allowed, but clubs do seem to charge different prices for different clubs coming.

They do, and I'm sure Hibs sell packages like you have suggested. I know that we aren't allowed to charge more for away fans, which is a reasonable stipulation.

I will be voting in favour of giving the Old Firm both stands, as I think the notion that we turn away money is ridiculous. 

They do, and I'm sure Hibs sell packages like you have suggested. I know that we aren't allowed to charge more for away fans, which is a reasonable stipulation.
I will be voting in favour of giving the Old Firm both stands, as I think the notion that we turn away money is ridiculous. 
You're not even waiting to see what options we have? [emoji50]

Two points make this issue a no-brainer for me

Firstly, taking shedloads of £££s from the wallets of bigots and stuffing those £££s into St Mirren's bank account makes perfect sense both financially and morally. To chuck this (much needed) cash away for essentially a 'point of principle' would be stupid.

And secondly, ST holders in the Family Stand already know that they are likely to be shifted elsewhere for these fixtures when they purchase their STs and this hasn't deterred them in the past. 

So, as I see it, we have a choice between 'the moral high ground' or piles of cash. No contest IMO.

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

Two points make this issue a no-brainer for me

Firstly, taking shedloads of £££s from the wallets of bigots and stuffing those £££s into St Mirren's bank account makes perfect sense both financially and morally. To chuck this (much needed) cash away for essentially a 'point of principle' would be stupid.

And secondly, ST holders in the Family Stand already know that they are likely to be shifted elsewhere for these fixtures when they purchase their STs and this hasn't deterred them in the past. 

So, as I see it, we have a choice between 'the moral high ground' or piles of cash. No contest IMO.

Glad to see someone with high moral standards.  :rolleyes:

it seems to me that as THEY are causing disruption and currently get rewarded for that (the only people disturbed and offended currently are Buddies) that THEY should pay a price.  A higher one - and only for the North Stand.

Policing/Stewarding costs are higher, they should pay for that.

as I already mentioned above, there has been discussion for both bigot cheeks to NOT allow their opposing fans into the stadiums.  They already know how poisonous their fans are… and are considering them not worth the bother.