OPEN LETTER TO THE BOARD AND ANYONE ELSE

5 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

You're not even waiting to see what options we have? emoji50.png

I only considered that we'd be presented with two options - allow them two stands, or not. Of course, if other options are available then I will consider them. :)

Some sort of compromise would be ideal - whereby we give them half of the West Stand, too. The issue I have with giving them both stands behind the goals is that they may influence the referee with respect to penalty appeals.

53 minutes ago, W6er said:

The issue I have with giving them both stands behind the goals is that they may influence the referee with respect to penalty appeals.

Seriously ? Since when did either of the arsecheeks need their fans to influence referees into giving them dodgy decisions ? It's been part of the game in Scotland for over a century that referees will favour them. Most of us have just come to expect it, and reluctantly accept it.

I think it's clear this is going to end up with them continuing to have two stands. Despite us being fan owned and the majority of the fans not wanting this. It will be interesting to read the statement from the club regarding it..

5 hours ago, antrin said:

Glad to see someone with high moral standards.  :rolleyes:

it seems to me that as THEY are causing disruption and currently get rewarded for that (the only people disturbed and offended currently are Buddies) that THEY should pay a price.  A higher one - and only for the North Stand.

Policing/Stewarding costs are higher, they should pay for that.

as I already mentioned above, there has been discussion for both bigot cheeks to NOT allow their opposing fans into the stadiums.  They already know how poisonous their fans are… and are considering them not worth the bother.

A fair point Antrin 

5 hours ago, pod said:

Never going to happen. 

We disagree Pod. We have been steadily building the number of season tickets and home fans over recent seasons. Better pricing plays it’s part but creating the community of St Mirren in the town is key and opens the door to much better marketing. Just my opinion,

Glad to see someone with high moral standards.  :rolleyes:
it seems to me that as THEY are causing disruption and currently get rewarded for that (the only people disturbed and offended currently are Buddies) that THEY should pay a price.  A higher one - and only for the North Stand.
Policing/Stewarding costs are higher, they should pay for that.

as I already mentioned above, there has been discussion for both bigot cheeks to NOT allow their opposing fans into the stadiums.  They already know how poisonous their fans are… and are considering them not worth the bother.
Just thought I'd comment for the hell of it even though I never liked it. [emoji848]

5 hours ago, billyg said:

Already some diehards on Twitter announcing they've renewed this morning , the OF thing really isn't a big deal to most.

I've just renewed mine.

Looking forward to the start of the new season.:)

Although any positivity I display usually diminishes by the end of August.:lol:

5 hours ago, Warrior Saint said:

Won't fill stands anyway as Paisley public not interested.

I see loads of neds holding money in the air, desperately trying to get tickets, every time we play the Old Firm. There are plenty of Paisley folk who are interested in these games, they just don't support us.

1 hour ago, colombano4saints said:

It's interesting that the same people who are happy for the club to move our own supporters for a little extra money have no issue with us paying towards VAR.

I voted against VAR, for the record. :) 

23 minutes ago, Warrior Saint said:

So have the Old Firm still got two stands?

Please note for all season ticket holders in the Tony Fitzpatrick Family Stand, your ticket, as in previous seasons, does not include the Old Firm games. When the decision is finalised regarding retention of this stand, following the fan survey, we will provide information on attendance for these fixtures.

6 hours ago, TopCat said:

Despite us being fan owned and the majority of the fans not wanting this. 

:unsure:   So why are the owners allowing it.  As for the majority, who did you come to that.

Edited by pod

6 hours ago, TopCat said:

I think it's clear this is going to end up with them continuing to have two stands. Despite us being fan owned and the majority of the fans not wanting this. It will be interesting to read the statement from the club regarding it..

We don’t know that a majority of fans don’t want it at the expense of losing the income. It’s an assumption by a vocal minority of St Mirren fans. 

The survey will give us a decent indication. 

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

We don’t know that a majority of fans don’t want it at the expense of losing the income. It’s an assumption by a vocal minority of St Mirren fans. 

The survey is a get out for the Board of Directors. As I have said before some hard decisions have to be taken at Board Level and this survey is only to please the vocal minority you talk about.  It will not give any decent (clear) indication since as you say the majority of supporters do not get a vote. This is another indication of poor Management.  

14 hours ago, W6er said:

I see loads of neds holding money in the air, desperately trying to get tickets, every time we play the Old Firm. There are plenty of Paisley folk who are interested in these games, they just don't support us.

You make a good point here, if there are less seats for old firm fans and enough available in the home ends what's stopping OF fans buying tickets for home end causing a potential safety issue?

9 hours ago, hamlet said:

The survey is a get out for the Board of Directors. As I have said before some hard decisions have to be taken at Board Level and this survey is only to please the vocal minority you talk about.  It will not give any decent (clear) indication since as you say the majority of supporters do not get a vote. This is another indication of poor Management.  

The bigger the population, the better the indication. SMISA members, season ticket holders and people that have registered for tickets by the end of May is a considerable pool of St Mirren fans. It has given almost everyone the opportunity to get a vote that wants one & will generally be St Mirren fans that engage most with the club.

I’m at a loss to what they could have done more to get a stronger democratic representation of St Mirren fans views. What would you suggest to get a stronger indication? I would be shocked if the views of these fans weren’t in some way representative (including the indifferent population who won’t vote) of all St Mirren fans. 

12 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Anecdotal i know, but i can count on one hand the amount of St Mirren fans i've spoken to in person and/or online who support giving them two stands. Just need to look at this thread or any of the other various platforms to see that the vast majority who are active on social media are against it. Why don't we put it to a SMISA vote, and then publish the results? That's surely the most democratic and transparent way.

I think we know the answer to why they won't do that, because it will show overwhelming support for cutting them back to one stand ( i guess at least 80/20) and that would go against the wishes of those running the club.

FWIW i'm not that bothered about the one or two stand thing, there's clearly arguments for and against and i don't have strong feelings either way. It's very clear a lot of very loyal fans do though. 

5 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Anecdotal i know, but i can count on one hand the amount of St Mirren fans i've spoken to in person and/or online who support giving them two stands. Just need to look at this thread or any of the other various platforms to see that the vast majority who are active on social media are against it. Why don't we put it to a SMISA vote, and then publish the results? That's surely the most democratic and transparent way.

I think we know the answer to why they won't do that, because it will show overwhelming support for cutting them back to one stand ( i guess at least 80/20) and that would go against the wishes of those running the club.

FWIW i'm not that bothered about the one or two stand thing, there's clearly arguments for and against and i don't have strong feelings either way. It's very clear a lot of very loyal fans do though. 

When you break down the number of people against it, there are thousands of posts but maybe only a few dozen people. Sometimes those that scream loudest, aren’t necessarily a majority. We’ve seen topics from SMISA that have been panned on here & won by landslide votes. 

They are literally putting a survey to SMISA members & other areas of St Mirren fans, surely that’s better than just a one off vote to indicate views? It gives more choices to fans & an informed picture. 

52 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

When you break down the number of people against it, there are thousands of posts but maybe only a few dozen people. Sometimes those that scream loudest, aren’t necessarily a majority. We’ve seen topics from SMISA that have been panned on here & won by landslide votes. 

They are literally putting a survey to SMISA members & other areas of St Mirren fans, surely that’s better than just a one off vote to indicate views? It gives more choices to fans & an informed picture. 

Nah it's certainly more than a few dozen. Anyway, let's hope for transparency. The results of the survey should be published in full and then along with an explanation of why the decision to continue to give them two stands has been made.  Not sure what we need a survey for right enough. Surely a simple yes or no question would suffice...? 

It's clear what is happening is the club knows that the majority of fans want the OF to have one stand only. However, the board and the chairman want to continue to give them two. There's now gerrymandering and spin going on before they inevitably announce the unpopular decision. My guess is we will get a mealy mouthed statement in the next few weeks along the lines of:

' The results of the survey were mixed and we appreciate that some fans have strong feelings about this. However, due to the current financial climate the board has decided to continue to offer Rangers and Celtic two stands for the coming season'

Hope i'm wrong!

38 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Nah it's certainly more than a few dozen. Anyway, let's hope for transparency. The results of the survey should be published in full and then along with an explanation of why the decision to continue to give them two stands has been made.  Not sure what we need a survey for right enough. Surely a simple yes or no question would suffice...? 

It's clear what is happening is the club knows that the majority of fans want the OF to have one stand only. However, the board and the chairman want to continue to give them two. There's now gerrymandering and spin going on before they inevitably announce the unpopular decision. My guess is we will get a mealy mouthed statement in the next few weeks along the lines of:

' The results of the survey were mixed and we appreciate that some fans have strong feelings about this. However, due to the current financial climate the board has decided to continue to offer Rangers and Celtic two stands for the coming season'

Hope i'm wrong!

Given the comments made by the now Chairman on social media prior to his appointment he would find it then difficult to be seen to make the decision to reduce OF seats to one stand. A survey is his only way to go and should cover SMISA and Season Ticket Holders from last season. Both “invest” in the club. As for this coming season, the decision seems to have been made. I would have no objection to family groups from both home and away fans were allocated half of the South Stand this season to see how that goes.