OPEN LETTER TO THE BOARD AND ANYONE ELSE

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Brian Caldwell while at St Mirren & Shrewsbury has not exponentially grown their commercial income streams or their fanbases from what I can tell. 

We have fans that are pretty much saying it’s easy to have 100s more bums on seats every week while having the stadium a buzz with income making business 7 days a week. 

Hate to be the one to break it to these fans as well but, the tooth fairy isn’t real. 

but the broken-toothed troll is alive and kicking, so i see

Brian was banging his head off a brick wall with the boards he worked with.  He had no interest in increasing the fan base but in maximising the income in the way that he was promised when he took the job.  

Anyway, until COVID the model for similar sized clubs to increase off-field earnings was St Johnstone who have been running an excellent catering operation for years and many bus tours include it as a lunch venue on tours

Do you think our current caterers would drag in much repeat business?

On 5/22/2022 at 7:25 PM, Cookie Monster said:

I was referring to my comment that didn't mention seating. Just cause you tried to move the goal posts didn't mean I had to agree with your criteria. emoji6.png

But you were replying to his post which did mention seating.

You ain’t very bright :1eye 

3 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Oh to know it all & for life in business to be so easy. I’m sure you’re all equally surprised as me to why all other clubs don’t do this given it is so easy 😂

Can only assume you all run extremely successful businesses given the insight into markets that you’re not even involved in… 

No one said it was easy nor that any ideas implemented would be an instant success. However ideas have to be generated and implemented to drive change. Doing nothing generates SFA.

If the club is looking to only implement ideas that generate instant, guaranteed and mass amount of money then i can see what they do feck all.

What initiatives have the club implemented in the last 5 years to generate more fans through the door. Last year they struggled to get any fans through the door never mind more

5 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Brian was banging his head off a brick wall with the boards he worked with.  He had no interest in increasing the fan base but in maximising the income in the way that he was promised when he took the job.  

Anyway, until COVID the model for similar sized clubs to increase off-field earnings was St Johnstone who have been running an excellent catering operation for years and many bus tours include it as a lunch venue on tours

St Johnstone accounts don’t suggest they run things significantly better than St Mirren. Their performances on the park over the years (top 6 finishes) have allowed them to build more resources but overall, both clubs are generally ran in the black with good cash reserves. 

Grass is always greener stuff. 

4 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Saint Johnstone are indeed a good example. Not quite the same set up at Falkirk but the cafe and other uses for the stadium are increasingly well supported. SM will get there. We were for sale for so long and again transitioned ownership to the current model. Now able to take the longer term view 

2 hours ago, pod said:

There's four hotels at airport offering venue facilities and others in close vicinity.  

Brian told me that the market was there.  I used to be a member of an industry group that met at several of the hotels there and very often we were in repurposed bedrooms

Ther is also a premium to be paid for events on the airport campus

1 minute ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

No one said it was easy nor that any ideas implemented would be an instant success. However ideas have to be generated and implemented to drive change. Doing nothing generates SFA.

If the club is looking to only implement ideas that generate instant, guaranteed and mass amount of money then i can see what they do feck all.

What initiatives have the club implemented in the last 5 years to generate more fans through the door. Last year they struggled to get any fans through the door never mind more

They aren’t doing nothing. It’s more nonsense from a person for whom the club can do no right. 
- pre match entertainment 

- family and discount tickets 

- free school ticket events 

- improvements & options for the 1877 club 

Just to name a few. 

Just now, Rascal said:

Saint Johnstone are indeed a good example. Not quite the same set up at Falkirk but the cafe and other uses for the stadium are increasingly well supported. SM will get there. We were for sale for so long and again transitioned ownership to the current model. Now able to take the longer term view 

HOWEVER do we have the skill set to make the transition and run the club as a business or continue to run it as golf club

1 minute ago, beyond our ken said:

Brian told me that the market was there.  I used to be a member of an industry group that met at several of the hotels there and very often we were in repurposed bedrooms

Ther is also a premium to be paid for events on the airport campus

And we have ample free parking.

Slot in some Electric Charging Points

And off we go…  not quite so easy so know

This is all tinkering at the edges.

All non OF clubs need to leave and start a new league without the OF

In the meantime, not only should we ban OF from St Mirren Park, all supporters should boycott these games and ensure the games are played in an empty stadium.

Fans of other clubs will follow and we can force our clubs to ditch the OF

As long as everyone keeps bending over and taking it up the arse from the OF, we have no-one to blame but ourselves 

1 minute ago, Sue Denim said:

This is all tinkering at the edges.

All non OF clubs need to leave and start a new league without the OF

In the meantime, not only should we ban OF from St Mirren Park, all supporters should boycott these games and ensure the games are played in an empty stadium.

As long as everyone keeps bending over and taking it up the arse from the OF, we have no-one to blame but ourselves 

If they go….. if….then there will be compensation payments to the remaining clubs to enable them to do so. So, I wouldn’t kick them out and get nothing. Just my view

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

They aren’t doing nothing. It’s more nonsense from a person for whom the club can do no right. 
- pre match entertainment 

- family and discount tickets 

- free school ticket events 

- improvements & options for the 1877 club 

Just to name a few. 

- Free entertainment outside the ground organised by SMISA

- Free and discount tickets.

- Improvements to an elitist club

Great Can see the numbers and the revenue shooting through the roof. So are these initiatives still on when the old firm visit.

1 hour ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

- Free entertainment outside the ground organised by SMISA

- Free and discount tickets.

- Improvements to an elitist club

Great Can see the numbers and the revenue shooting through the roof. So are these initiatives still on when the old firm visit.

I’ve already covered increases in revenue, your views are idealist as said several times. 

The Old firm stopped existing close to a decade ago with Rangers going under but regarding the Glasgow derby, no they generally don’t.

We are sadly quite reliant on their income for our budget as it is currently structured (as in we would have a good bit less income if we didn’t utilise their attendance demands). Strange thing to moan about though when the (relatively new) board are making attempts to see how/ if we can move away from this with the fan survey.  

1 hour ago, Sue Denim said:

Obviously not serious :lol ........ I hope :unsure:  

Would it not be easier relegating ourselves and hope we don't meet the OF in cup competitions. 

1 hour ago, Rascal said:

Saint Johnstone are indeed a good example.  

Not so much these days since they built a crematorium in Inverness.  Perth was the most northerly crematorium on the A9 and they got a lot of catering work from the West Highlands. 

28 minutes ago, rabuddies said:

Not so much these days since they built a crematorium in Inverness.  Perth was the most northerly crematorium on the A9 and they got a lot of catering work from the West Highlands. 

Interesting Ra. Didn’t know that.

I know that I ate there a few times and the service was good

3 hours ago, bazil85 said:

St Johnstone accounts don’t suggest they run things significantly better than St Mirren. Their performances on the park over the years (top 6 finishes) have allowed them to build more resources but overall, both clubs are generally ran in the black with good cash reserves. 

Grass is always greener stuff. 

St Johnstone have regularly generated more revenue than St Mirren - often around £1M more.

St Johnstone look to maximise their facilities all week. They have more staff available to facilitate this.

St Johnstone also use their family stand for home and away families something I’ve requested our BoD implement.

I also provided a high level plan on how our club could regular car boot sales. Fell on deaf ears.

Our club has history of ignoring ideas from the support. 

Some of the best initiatives and ideas have come from our support. The 2012/13 strip design, the Leaving Love Street film and book. All delivered by supporters.

I’d like to see a working group put together to thrash out some ideas for raising the profile of the club and introduce sustainable additional revenue streams.

I feel though there is reluctance within the club to take on new challenges and initiatives. 

24 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

St Johnstone have regularly generated more revenue than St Mirren - often around £1M more.

St Johnstone look to maximise their facilities all week. They have more staff available to facilitate this.

St Johnstone also use their family stand for home and away families something I’ve requested our BoD implement.

I also provided a high level plan on how our club could regular car boot sales. Fell on deaf ears.

Our club has history of ignoring ideas from the support. 

Some of the best initiatives and ideas have come from our support. The 2012/13 strip design, the Leaving Love Street film and book. All delivered by supporters.

I’d like to see a working group put together to thrash out some ideas for raising the profile of the club and introduce sustainable additional revenue streams.

I feel though there is reluctance within the club to take on new challenges and initiatives. 

Yeah, but other clubs don't have any success..........................they do. 

Startling revelation, well, for one numpty.