OPEN LETTER TO THE BOARD AND ANYONE ELSE

23 minutes ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

Basil forgets that this is a fans forum where we get to moan, chew the fat, berate, cheer or congratulate the club. None of us are experts at running the club, however our opinion does count because, when you get down to it we are customers of a business. The guys that are on the board (now not playing fans) never had any experience of running a club until they went on the board. So why do they have better ideas than the paying fan/customer. Maybe there are successful business Rascals on this forum whose life experience and knowledge of businesses have some validity rather than being pigeonholed as a moaning supporter with hairbrained ideas.

He forgets nothing.

He chooses to ignore a lot.

34 minutes ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

At least you are admitting there are issues at the club. It is rather pompous and dismissive of you to suggest that fans don’t have the ability to have ideas that affect their club. It’s amazing when you keep taking the stance that the board are all fans. 

It's a tactic he uses regularly to close down any further discussion. 

38 minutes ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

At least you are admitting there are issues at the club.

Is this after it came under fan ownership. 

Who's responsible for putting an inexperienced board to run the club.  

Edited by pod

3 hours ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

At least you are admitting there are issues at the club. It is rather pompous and dismissive of you to suggest that fans don’t have the ability to have ideas that affect their club. It’s amazing when you keep taking the stance that the board are all fans. 

Not sure where, why or how anyone would have gotten an idea I didn’t think there were issues at the club (there are issues at all clubs). 

I haven’t remotely suggested what you claim (the ability to have ideas or that they’re all St Mirren fans). My point was & remains it is idealistic and somewhat arrogant for people on the outside to think they know better & the successive people running our club have just been ‘lazy’ in adopting ideas for growth. 

25 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Not sure where, why or how anyone would have gotten an idea I didn’t think there were issues at the club (there are issues at all clubs). 

No, but you trivialise these, as you did throughout last season, and demean anyone's points that disagree with you.

Edited by faraway saint

18 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

No, but you trivialise these, as you did throughout last season, and demean anyone's points that disagree with you.

I personally don’t think a lot of the ‘issues’ last pre-season & into the new season were that big a deal, yes. In fact almost all of them have now been resolved. The last bit you’re claiming is simply false though. 

What you’re actually saying here is, some people get upset & annoyed when they can’t change my views on certain things regarding the club. 

Other St Mirren fans are welcome to think they are big/ systemic/ really concerning problems, I don’t need to agree. And I absolutely do not demean anyone that disagrees with me on the issues.

In my experience, you have a FAR bigger issue with people disagreeing with you than I do. 

8 hours ago, bazil85 said:

And I absolutely do not demean anyone that disagrees with me on the issues.

In my experience, you have a FAR bigger issue with people disagreeing with you than I do. 

Yes you do and the forum is littered with your attitude that "moning fans" have no ideas that could be seen as more than reasonable.

See below, it didn't take long. 

As for me, yip, I do love laughing at people like you that think they can do no wrong. :lol:

16 hours ago, bazil85 said:

You’re pretty much a yes man from the opposite end. You’re seemingly saying ‘yes all these half baked ideas can work & should be tried’ & ‘yes I know better than people in the industry’ 

Seems like you’re struggling to understand though. I don’t believe there are throwaway ideas that anyone can half arsed come up with on a fan forum to fix the issues impacting St Mirren. 

6 hours ago, antrin said:

OH!!

THE f**kIN BRASS-NECKED IRONY!   :lol:

You are some boy, for years you picked out people who made typos or misspelt the odd word, you made a name for yourself (mainly a twat) with this, but with spell check your reason for being here has all but gone. :lol:

Toddle off, there must be better things to do in the twilight years. :byebye

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Yes you do and the forum is littered with your attitude that "moning fans" have no ideas that could be seen as more than reasonable.

As for me, yip, I do love laughing at people like you that think they can do no wrong. :lol:

The last sentence is a classic! A look in the mirror should suffice. Such lack of self awareness is breathtaking.

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

That isn’t even a wee bit like a post demonising the person 😂

It literally proves my point that it’s a matter of people getting annoyed when they can’t change my view. I don’t have to agree that all these ideas on BAWA are going to improve the future of the club. 

BD is absolutely welcome to disagree but he won’t change my view with the approach taken. 

I’m absolutely fine to admit when I’m wrong. The irony in you calling someone out on this given the number of times you have trolled instead of putting your hands up is embarrassing. 

Edited by bazil85

12 hours ago, bazil85 said:

I haven’t remotely suggested what you claim (the ability to have ideas or that they’re all St Mirren fans). My point was & remains it is idealistic and somewhat arrogant for people on the outside to think they know better & the successive people running our club have just been ‘lazy’ in adopting ideas for growth. 

With answers like that you could be as Politician or a Secondhand Car Salesman

I have no desire to change your view and for the record your approach is also unlikely to get me to change my view.
Most of what you and i post is irrelevant anyway. 

"Most" is a bit of an understatement. [emoji1787]

1 hour ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

I have no desire to change your view and for the record your approach is also unlikely to get me to change my view.

Most of what you and i post is irrelevant anyway. 

Agree with that, same goes for pretty much everything on the forum.

At least we engage unlike other people who cower behind their block button, desperately hoping for quotes so they can take digs while protecting themselves from big bad responses. 

That’s where the real tears are on this forum :) 

On 6/1/2022 at 10:52 AM, bazil85 said:

Agree with that, same goes for pretty much everything on the forum.

At least we engage unlike other people who cower behind their block button, desperately hoping for quotes so they can take digs while protecting themselves from big bad responses. 

That’s where the real tears are on this forum :) 

All opinions are welcome,IMO, and disagreement is healthy. 

1 hour ago, Rascal said:

All opinions are welcome,IMO, and disagreement is healthy. 

I completely agree, not everyone can hack it though as we have seen on here. 

A certain dummy spitter will of course be delighted you’ve quoted me. He lives for it :) 

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

I completely agree, not everyone can hack it though as we have seen on here. 

A certain dummy spitter will of course be delighted you’ve quoted me. He lives for it :)