Prices Up - thanks to the moaning Minnies!

26 minutes ago, W6er said:

I pay my SISA funds to help ensure the club's future, not to subsidise the club because they have decided to forgo perfectly good revenue streams to appease moaning Minnies.*

*I feel like Shill, Faraway, etc, being so childish. But this has really pissed me off, to be honest.

ETA response to quote below:

I 100% disagree with this. We're now fan owned, so the club absolutely should 'listen to the fans'. We get to choose exactly what you have suggested, and for me it's not a difficult choice.

we are not fan feckin owned, and even if we were then the chaorman and the CEO are paid to make decisions and and not calim a moaning minnie did it and ran away.

34 minutes ago, W6er said:

I pay my SISA funds to help ensure the club's future, not to subsidise the club because they have decided to forgo perfectly good revenue streams to appease moaning Minnies.*

*I feel like Shill, Faraway, etc, being so childish. But this has really pissed me off, to be honest.

ETA response to quote below:

I 100% disagree with this. We're now fan owned, so the club absolutely should 'listen to the fans'. We get to choose exactly what you have suggested, and for me it's not a difficult choice.

Going with that theory should there be a survey to decide if pie sports get the food contract? A survey to agree who should and should not be offered new contracts or who we sign each year?

47 minutes ago, exiledfan said:

I agree it's a good initiative however I think maybe target the price at a concession so that more folk can benefit and it may be more appealing to help. 

Those were my thoughts also.

i had in mind either elderly fans or the unemployed or young people.

1 hour ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

We should be actively encouraging good behaviour amongst families. 

And I agree with you 100% and letting them mix and behave well towards each other forming a base for future fan behaviour 

1 minute ago, exiledfan said:

I'm also unsure it should be an income stream. Surely supporting local shelters and charities us way forward. 

Already put private suggestions forward for that but it can be both. IMO

10 minutes ago, Scott-Leeds said:

I completed the survey

If you can call it that

It’s structured in such a way basically to keep 2 Glasgow teams in 2 stands

I strongly believe this is effectively lip service and decisions have been made

Im not so sure it is. Most fans i know from pub, supporters bus, and mates aside now want chance change. 

I'd be very surprised if this survey goes against the seemingly overwhelming thoughts of our supporters. 

So to summarise. Some St Mirren fans 

- don’t want the bigot brothers in two stands, they'd rather have empty seats than the money 

- they also don’t want any pricing changes to mitigate not having them in two stands 

- They want the club to either lie or hide the factual details regarding the income from the bigot brothers so fans aren’t making informed choices 

- they still want our squad to be as strong & competitive as possible. 

Aye, that’s nae bother 😂

Edited by bazil85

1 hour ago, beyond our ken said:

we are not fan feckin owned, and even if we were then the chaorman and the CEO are paid to make decisions and and not calim a moaning minnie did it and ran away.

We are majority fan owned. Many of the comments, if not the majority, that I have seen about the two stands question, is that we are now supposed to be fan owned and the board should listen to the fans. £105K is a LOT of money, the club have to inform fans what's at stake, otherwise it's not an informed decision.

1 hour ago, exiledfan said:

Going with that theory should there be a survey to decide if pie sports get the food contract? A survey to agree who should and should not be offered new contracts or who we sign each year?

No, they're relatively minor issues that have not received the sort of criticism that this has. Do you want fans to be consulted? Many seem to thing that now we're majority fan owned we should be consulted. They can't win really, can they? If they just make the financially prudent decision they will be accused of not listening to us, but you're not happy that they're consulting the fans. Ultimately the decision is made by the board, but they're letting fans know of the consequences.

3 hours ago, Tommy said:

Having just done the survey, i don't see anything stopping non saints fans voting to give 2 stands to the bigots   🤔

I’m a bit concerned about this. I received the study email twice as a season ticket & SMISA member. It only lets me complete once on my default browser but if I save it into a new browser, I can complete it again (I haven’t done this). 

would assume the risk is still pretty low as they probably don’t care enough & if we did suddenly see enough more returns to influence results, it would look suspicious. 

9 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I’m a bit concerned about this. I received the study email twice as a season ticket & SMISA member. It only lets me complete once on my default browser but if I save it into a new browser, I can complete it again (I haven’t done this). 

would assume the risk is still pretty low as they probably don’t care enough & if we did suddenly see enough more returns to influence results, it would look suspicious. 

SMiSA email clearly stated “ We have included their statement and survey link in this email but stress it is ONLY for those who have not already filled in the one issued by the club, so as to avoid duplicate entries from the same people.”

Not like you not to misunderstand basic shit.

So to summarise. Some St Mirren fans 
- don’t want the bigot brothers in two stands, they'd rather have empty seats than the money 
- they also don’t want any pricing changes to mitigate not having them in two stands 
- They want the club to either lie or hide the factual details regarding the income from the bigot brothers so fans aren’t making informed choices 
- they still want our squad to be as strong & competitive as possible. 

Aye, that’s nae bother [emoji23]

They’ll give us £30 or you can?

14 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

SMiSA email clearly stated “ We have included their statement and survey link in this email but stress it is ONLY for those who have not already filled in the one issued by the club, so as to avoid duplicate entries from the same people.”

Not like you not to misunderstand basic shit.

Are you actually serious? You have completely missed my point. It’s the potential capability to submit it twice, not the duplicate emails. What an absolute fail on your part. 

Edited by bazil85

7 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Are you actually serious? You have completely missed my point. It’s the potential capability to submit it twice, not the duplicate emails. What an absolute fail on your part. 

No I think I understood exactly what they message meant. Yes they knew it was possible to submit the survey twice, therefore they stated not to. The club just wanted to make sure they reached all regular fans. There are some SMiSA members who are not ST holders. The only failure here is your misunderstanding.

31 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

No I think I understood exactly what they message meant. Yes they knew it was possible to submit the survey twice, therefore they stated not to. The club just wanted to make sure they reached all regular fans. There are some SMiSA members who are not ST holders. The only failure here is your misunderstanding.

So we're having an argument about voter fraud, now! 🤣

FWIW, I have received it twice, too. I will not be submitting a second entry, though. Let's see what the results are. I hope most folk are sensible. I wonder if anyone will declare that they're not prepared to give the Cheeks two stands, will not pay anything extra and will be resentful if the budget's cut. If that's the case, their vote should be rescinded...but I can imagine there will be folk like that.

If I get the promotion I'm after, I will happily donate money so that an unemployed fan can get a free ticket. I think it's a great idea and, in these times will give me great personal satisfaction. I hope that doesn't sound too much like virtue signalling, btw. 

Edited by W6er

4 hours ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

I don’t see why we can’t adopt the St Johnstone model of allowing away families to use our family stand at discounted rates. I’m sure over the course of a season we could look to recoup that £100K. 

How will this make a difference? Theres always more than enough room in the away end for away fans.

5 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

How will this make a difference? Theres always more than enough room in the away end for away fans.

Not for the Old Firm games. They fill both stands and there's always Twitter threads asking for tickets and folk standing outside the ground wanting them. There's scope to give them half of the West Stand, too...and really milk them.

20 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

Quite a lot of supporters can’t justify taking their families to away games. This type of initiative encourages them to attend and more supporters young and old can attend games. 

I've comp!eted the survey as a SMiSA member and have asked what the club are investigating as to non matchday revenue to allow the restriction of the Glasgow clubs to the away stand rather than supporters making up the difference after all the onus is on the club to generate revenue to accede to the wishes of its major shareholder.

2 hours ago, Scott-Leeds said:

I completed the survey

If you can call it that

It’s structured in such a way basically to keep 2 Glasgow teams in 2 stands

I strongly believe this is effectively lip service and decisions have been made

Got to agree, it was hardly impartial in the way it structured the questions 😂 

I have voted to reduce the capacity of the old firm, money isn’t everything in football, I have seen St Mirren teams in the past compete and achieve great results without over paid players, sometimes you just have to do the right thing. Although I won’t hold my breath as this is the club that gave Celtic our team shop for the night! 

49 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

I've comp!eted the survey as a SMiSA member and have asked what the club are investigating as to non matchday revenue to allow the restriction of the Glasgow clubs to the away stand rather than supporters making up the difference after all the onus is on the club to generate revenue to accede to the wishes of its major shareholder.

Such as? Sell our assets? Some examples would be useful. :)

Come on Saints, do the right thing, you are more than happy to have the players take the knee for BLM and give pre- match tannoy announcements about racist, sexist, gender abuse but when it comes to addressing bigotry you are happy to stick your fingers in your ears and take the money.