Prices Up - thanks to the moaning Minnies!

1 hour ago, Rascal said:

I would also go for having a  pot into which fans, not just season ticket holders can sh*t into, after listening to some of my suggestions. Can contribute to help others in more financially straitened circumstances

FIFY

Just now, Rascal said:

Oh dear……so much for supporting the community. Each to their own. 

Most of local community support the OF.  I'll stick with supporting St.Mirren. 

When we start fairing better than the OF. (which has only happened once in my life time) the glory hunters will reappear. 

11 minutes ago, pod said:

Most of local community support the OF.  I'll stick with supporting St.Mirren. 

When we start fairing better than the OF. (which has only happened once in my life time) the glory hunters will reappear. 

As I said - each to their own. Maybe it’s my background but the idea of supporting others appeals to me even if it means a personal cost.

Edited by Rascal

On 5/27/2022 at 4:08 PM, W6er said:

Why can't you believe that? We're facing a shortfall of £105,000* because folk don't want the Old Firm having two stands. These are the proposals to try to recoup that money. If the 'moaning Minnies' are so keen to ensure the Tony Fitzpatrick stand is for home support, I'm sure they won;t mind paying an extra thirty quid.

My question is serious! How should the club recoup that lost revenue?

*£140,000 lost if we finish top six, btw.

As i posted on pie and bovril, those figures are false as they simply multiply the capacity of the family stand with ticket price and number of games. They dont take into account the loss in season ticket income from the family stand, or loss of home supporters attending these games.

The Hearts game in Feb last season had only 600 fewer fans than the average of all the old firm games. The real benefit of the two stand policy is more like £15k a game.

47 minutes ago, Hendo said:

As i posted on pie and bovril, those figures are false as they simply multiply the capacity of the family stand with ticket price and number of games. They don't take into account the loss in season ticket income from the family stand, or loss of home supporters attending these games.

The Hearts game in Feb last season had only 600 fewer fans than the average of all the old firm games. The real benefit of the two stand policy is more like £15k a game.

1) All season ticket holders in that stand have the opportunity to buy tickets for the Old Firm games, it's not as though they simply cannot attend.

2) I know a family who sit there and they don't want to attend the Old Firm games with their kids, because of the political songs sung. :rolleyes: It may be the case that such people wouldn't buy a season ticket if they were paying for games they weren't going to attend.

3) Have you any evidence that fewer supporters attend the Old Firm games because we give two stands to the Old Firm? Could it, for example, not be the case that they don't want to go to these games because we tend to lose them? 

4) Assuming you're correct about (3), you wouldn't be counting the 3,000 season ticket holders in those numbers, as they have already paid for the match, regardless of whether they attend. So it would be a portion of the ~1,000 who buy match tickets.

5) How did you arrive at the £15k figure? As I have mentioned above, even if you know how many stay away fans there are, and how many of those purchase match tickets, how do you know that they would choose to come if we were to give Old Firm fans one stand? 

Your reasoning is based on conjecture.

Does anybody have the attendance figures for Old Firm games when they were given one stand? It would be interesting to compare and contrast them with more recent ones.

I think we need to see this year's accounts when released. 2021 we lost 46 k mainly due to Covid and restrictions. I'm assuming that this year's results will be in a few weeks yes when audited. If the Lisa of revenue pushes us into a loss our chairman is not doing his job and legal responsibility by ensuring we remain financialy secure. 

2 hours ago, W6er said:

1) All season ticket holders in that stand have the opportunity to buy tickets for the Old Firm games, it's not as though they simply cannot attend.

2) I know a family who sit there and they don't want to attend the Old Firm games with their kids, because of the political songs sung. :rolleyes: It may be the case that such people wouldn't buy a season ticket if they were paying for games they weren't going to attend.

3) Have you any evidence that fewer supporters attend the Old Firm games because we give two stands to the Old Firm? Could it, for example, not be the case that they don't want to go to these games because we tend to lose them? 

4) Assuming you're correct about (3), you wouldn't be counting the 3,000 season ticket holders in those numbers, as they have already paid for the match, regardless of whether they attend. So it would be a portion of the ~1,000 who buy match tickets.

5) How did you arrive at the £15k figure? As I have mentioned above, even if you know how many stay away fans there are, and how many of those purchase match tickets, how do you know that they would choose to come if we were to give Old Firm fans one stand? 

Your reasoning is based on conjecture.

Does anybody have the attendance figures for Old Firm games when they were given one stand? It would be interesting to compare and contrast them with more recent ones.

I cant remember when the two stands policy came but looked at the seasons 2011/12 and 2014/15, as i'm pretty sure it wasnt in then.

2014/15 we only played Celtic, average attendance 5700, 700 of a difference. However, we have to bear in mind we were particularly shite that season.

2011/12 we had just signed some decent players and were doing ok - it was also the last season for a while playing both celtic and rangers. Average attendances against them were almost exactly the same as the season gone by, in fact the win v Rangers on Christmas Eve had 6700 there.

The financial benefits of this policy are being massively overstated.

22 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I cant remember when the two stands policy came but looked at the seasons 2011/12 and 2014/15, as i'm pretty sure it wasnt in then.

2014/15 we only played Celtic, average attendance 5700, 700 of a difference. However, we have to bear in mind we were particularly shite that season.

2011/12 we had just signed some decent players and were doing ok - it was also the last season for a while playing both celtic and rangers. Average attendances against them were almost exactly the same as the season gone by, in fact the win v Rangers on Christmas Eve had 6700 there.

The financial benefits of this policy are being massively overstated.

No offence, but selecting a couple of seasons doesn't provide good data. There are far too many variables to take into consideration - the weather on the day of the match; the date of the game, e.g. late January could mean empty wallets; the fact that some folk will have been hesitant to go due to Covid this season, still; whether there were better alternative options that day, e.g. a blockbuster out at the cinema; the novelty of a relatively new stadium.

I understand what you're saying, I just think it's unsubstantiated. I would imagine our fans are put off the Old Firm games primarily because:

i) tickets are more expensive.

ii) we're likely to get humped

iii) the games are usually played on a Sunday or midweek.

I know folk who don't go to the Sunday games because they're in church, for example.

2 minutes ago, W6er said:

No offence, but selecting a couple of seasons doesn't provide good data. There are far too many variables to take into consideration - the weather on the day of the match; the date of the game, e.g. late January could mean empty wallets; the fact that some folk will have been hesitant to go due to Covid this season, still; whether there were better alternative options that day, e.g. a blockbuster out at the cinema; the novelty of a relatively new stadium.

I understand what you're saying, I just think it's unsubstantiated. I would imagine our fans are put off the Old Firm games primarily because:

i) tickets are more expensive.

ii) we're likely to get humped

iii) the games are usually played on a Sunday or midweek.

I know folk who don't go to the Sunday games because they're in church, for example.

Church? Is that still going? 

Heathens! Show a bit of respect.

I love the fact our club is named after a Saint!  😇

ETA: I was told one of the reasons we changed to black and white is to emulate the colour of the habits worn by the monks of Paisley Abbey. 

Edited by W6er

4 minutes ago, W6er said:

Heathens! Show a bit of respect.

I love the fact our club is named after a Saint!  😇

ETA: I was told one of the reasons we changed to black and white is to emulate the colour of the habits worn by the monks of Paisley Abbey. 

I was told that drugs are bad, take heed. :lol:

Just now, faraway saint said:

I was told that drugs are bad, take heed. :lol:

Well alcohol is a drug, and I imagine you've been tipping that down your neck all night! :wink: I'm stone cold sober...I have to be up early for church. 😇