Prices Up - thanks to the moaning Minnies!

4 minutes ago, W6er said:

Well alcohol is a drug, and I imagine you've been tipping that down your neck all night! :wink: I'm stone cold sober...I have to be up early for church. 😇

That's disappointing, and worrying, that you've posted so much weird stuff when you're not under the influence. :wacko:

I'll say a prayer for you, the invisible man will surely save you. :byebye

Not reading the whole thread because my view has been consistent for years. Give them one stand, don't care about one/possibly two extra players if i'm being honest, not at the expense of our family stand. Yes i'd rather pay extra to allow them only 1 stand, you'd need to be blind to not notice the recent trend of our attendance in the main and west stand suffering in recent seasons as a result of this policy.

Lots of reasons identified for why home fans don't go to home matches against Celtic and The Rangers and I agree with a lot of them personally haven't been to one since I started taking my boy to matches around 25 years ago but it is clear from comments that the toxic atmosphere when they are in town is still a thing, so from that point of view restrict to one stand for the general populace of fans and look at the experiment of integrating young families of both clubs in the family stand, lots of issues with the logistics of this I know but the column inches explaining why we are doing so to create a better experience for younger fans may well buy us some plaudits. Maybe even attract a sponsor for the pre match events for kids which I understand we don't do currently at these matches?

7 hours ago, StanleySaint said:

Lots of reasons identified for why home fans don't go to home matches against Celtic and The Rangers and I agree with a lot of them personally haven't been to one since I started taking my boy to matches around 25 years ago but it is clear from comments that the toxic atmosphere when they are in town is still a thing, so from that point of view restrict to one stand for the general populace of fans and look at the experiment of integrating young families of both clubs in the family stand, lots of issues with the logistics of this I know but the column inches explaining why we are doing so to create a better experience for younger fans may well buy us some plaudits. Maybe even attract a sponsor for the pre match events for kids which I understand we don't do currently at these matches?

I like this approach. 

Three Stands Consultation
As promised in my announcement on 18 May you are invited to participate in a consultation on the allocation of three stands to Home supporters for all games at the SMISA Stadium. We know how unpopular it has become when fans are moved from the Tony Fitzpatrick Family Stand to accommodate Away fans. As such it is our plan is to change to allocating three stands to Home fans in Season 2023/24.

We would also like to be able to give three stands to Home fans for all games in the coming season, 2022/23. However, doing so would leave a gap in the budget, which is already set, of £100k (each game we fill the family stand with away fans is worth around £35k).

We plan to increase ticket prices for the matches versus Celtic and Rangers in line with what they charge at their grounds, which will fill some of the gap. This questionnaire aims to gauge the level of support for some ideas which would help cover the rest.

To increase income by the necessary amount, we would need a significant majority of you to support four key initiatives:

Increase Season Ticket Sales - we have set a target of increasing Season Ticket sales by 300 (approximately 10%).
One Off Payment - we will launch a scheme to allow fans to make a one-off payment for this season of £30 to help retain the Tony Fitzpatrick Family Stand for Home supporters.
Help a Buddie’ scheme - we plan to introduce a scheme whereby fans/local businesses can pledge £25 (or multiples thereof) to fund a match ticket for someone in our community who ordinarily would not be able to buy a ticket for themselves.
Two Match Ticket Bundles - To minimise the impact on our own fans of the price rise for individual tickets for matches against Celtic or Rangers, we will launch a scheme whereby fans can purchase a ticket for a match along with a ticket for the following Home game at a discount.

As you complete the questionnaire there are a few key points to bear in mind:

• We all want to provide as much playing budget as possible in order to have a team that will challenge for the Top 6. Failure to replace the lost income will impact the funds available to attract players that will maintain the progress seen in recent years.

• Some fans have suggested that there would be significant savings in stewarding and Police costs if we retain three stands for home fans. This is simply not the case as the levels of Police and stewarding are based on the risk banding for each match depending on the opposition. That would be unlikely to change.

• The Working Group who looked at this issue with the Board came up with a number of ideas. However, they also concluded that there is no simple or easy solution to replacing the lost income.

• I hope you regard this consultation positively as an opportunity to have your say in keeping with our position as a majority fan-owned, community club.

The questionnaire should only take a couple of minutes to complete and will remain open until 3 June. The feedback will then be analysed and a decision made on the arrangements for the upcoming season. This will be announced on 17 June, allowing a further two weeks to purchase tickets at the early bird price once a decision has been made.

Please take the time to complete the questionnaire and give us your opinions. The survey link is available here.

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmcusercontent.com%2Ffbffa80a123f425684cc5bb35%2Fimages%2F7885902c-6ed2-2235-7842-e47eab392e43.png&t=1653658542&ymreqid=f41d3d45-d418-dc78-1cd1-2e007701c300&sig=h9bqvH7vDpzHIs.4_Z7ddw--~D

Thank you very much for agreeing to participate in this questionnaire. The information provided by you in this questionnaire will be used for research purposes only. It will not be used in a manner which would allow identification of your individual responses and personal data will not be shared with any third party.

Thanks for your ongoing support.
John Needham, Chairman

So, how do you each propose to make up the short fall? Increasing prices will obviously put some folk off coming, especially given the increase in living costs. Are we to cut the squad?

I have an idea? Why not just keep giving the Old Firm two stands?

^^^^^^^^^^

This is a poor thread title

Fans already buying season tickets and match day tickets have already contributed

Your thread is akin to the astonishingly poorly worded statement/opinion survey ( more of a blame form )

Shall they chip in for the gas/electric as well if people don’t make efficiency savings at the club ?

3 hours ago, Scott-Leeds said:

So, how do you each propose to make up the short fall? Increasing prices will obviously put some folk off coming, especially given the increase in living costs. Are we to cut the squad?

I have an idea? Why not just keep giving the Old Firm two stands?

^^^^^^^^^^

This is a poor thread title

Fans already buying season tickets and match day tickets have already contributed

Your thread is akin to the astonishingly poorly worded statement/opinion survey ( more of a blame form )

Shall they chip in for the gas/electric as well if people don’t make efficiency savings at the club ?

This is very much a case of - be careful what you wish for, that’s for sure.

Having pressed for this what we have now is that our fans have been put front and centre by the board who have to a great extent handed this hot potato over to us in the public domain.

I don’t like the baggage that comes with either of our two biggest clubs in any way whatsoever. Clearly I would like to see our own fans fill three stands but, currently, we don’t.

I would like to have seen us move towards this in stages. Stage 1 to have the Family Stand split to accommodate family groups from both clubs support. steward it well and show that the fans can support their respective teams but still behave. If it works continue it going forward. If it doesn’t then it makes it easier to set out terms to have only one stand for visiting fans with higher charges.

I think it’s fair to charge visiting clubs what they charge for our fans to attend their games. This would see fans from the OF, Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen and Motherwell paying higher prices than they have.

1,500 x £40 tickets would give £60,000

I don’t mind paying into a fund to pay to support other fans to attend our games. At £30 a head of our average support is 4,000 then that would generate £120,000 which would pay for around 300 ticket holder whom I would allocate to the family stand.

Edited by Rascal

Indeed 

But…..the result isn’t yet known.

What is known is that We will be increasing costs for away fans. I hope to match what they charge at their home games.

What is likely.

Two stands going to the OF for this season at least.

A scheme where fans, whether they attend games or not, can pay into a fund to help pay for a ticket or tickets for someone to attend a game or games.

Any other price increases rejected as not possible in the current economic climate.

I could of course be wrong.

Edited by Rascal

On 5/29/2022 at 12:34 AM, proudtobeabuddy said:

Not reading the whole thread because my view has been consistent for years. Give them one stand, don't care about one/possibly two extra players if i'm being honest, not at the expense of our family stand. Yes i'd rather pay extra to allow them only 1 stand, you'd need to be blind to not notice the recent trend of our attendance in the main and west stand suffering in recent seasons as a result of this policy.

Historically, home crowds are down for these games, regardless of giving them two stands or the previous arrangement. 

27 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Historically, home crowds are down for these games, regardless of giving them two stands or the previous arrangement. 

I agree. Statistics show that Fewer home fans attend these games, whether one or two stands are given. 

12 hours ago, Rascal said:

I would like to have seen us move towards this in stages. Stage 1 to have the Family Stand split to accommodate family groups from both clubs support. steward it well and show that the fans can support their respective teams but still behave. If it works continue it going forward. If it doesn’t then it makes it easier to set out terms to have only one stand for visiting fans with higher charges.

What a crazy suggestion. Would you be prepared to steward it. Let me guess. If you say yes you will need to get out a bit more. Stewards paid a pittance without authority to arrest and probably not allowed to put a finger on very badly behaved individuals. Unfortunately in the times we live in a split stand is a no no.

42 minutes ago, hamlet said:

What a crazy suggestion. Would you be prepared to steward it. Let me guess. If you say yes you will need to get out a bit more. Stewards paid a pittance without authority to arrest and probably not allowed to put a finger on very badly behaved individuals. Unfortunately in the times we live in a split stand is a no no.

Crazy may be accurate! But , so far, separation doesn’t seem to be working too well in bringing fans of different clubs together. I have no inherent dislike of any individual fan of other clubs. What do you suggest might change things going forward?

Edited by Rascal

Taking on board some of the proposals here, why don’t we just cut to the chase and give them the entire stadium on match days.

Charge £50 ticket x 8000 x 3 min visits - £1.2m. Change the shop and sell their shite for that game, over charge hospitality, build temporary stands in the corners to maximise their income. 

How far do you go in giving up your stadium before it no longer becomes a Home Ground for that game. Games against either teams when they commander both ends no longer makes it feel like a home game. 

”its better taking their cash”  NO !!! It’s better being one town one club. Not selling out.

1 hour ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

Taking on board some of the proposals here, why don’t we just cut to the chase and give them the entire stadium on match days.

Charge £50 ticket x 8000 x 3 min visits - £1.2m. Change the shop and sell their shite for that game, over charge hospitality, build temporary stands in the corners to maximise their income. 

How far do you go in giving up your stadium before it no longer becomes a Home Ground for that game. Games against either teams when they commander both ends no longer makes it feel like a home game. 

”its better taking their cash”  NO !!! It’s better being one town one club. Not selling out.

Very clearly put but I find myself to be a waverer. I dislike giving both stands but the pragmatist in says ok. Some steps forward in the thinking from the board. Charging away fans what they would pay at their own ground makes sense and I don’t just mean the OF. I do like the idea of the St Mirren Footballing Family having a facility to help others financially to attend games. Could this be aimed at increasing the number of families attending games?  I would like to see more fans with season tickets and more of those coming along on OF days. A big part of me admires those who don’t but , the more decent people there the better IMO. As for charging extra money to keep the OF out of the second stand……a big ask at the present time for many.

I’ve asked this before elsewhere and no one seemed to know, have the naming rights for the stadium been sold yet or will it continue as the SMISA stadium.

The last figure I saw for the Paisley 2021 sponsorship was £33k. . Simple digital was often quoted as a six figure sum..That would help  keep more of them out .

Or we could rename the Tony Fitzpatrick stand as The Mo Johnston stand & just switch sides each time they came calling . Just need to remember to get it right each time 😉

17 hours ago, Rascal said:

Having pressed for this what we have now is that our fans have been put front and centre by the board who have to a great extent handed this hot potato over to us in the public domain.

I don’t like the baggage that comes with either of our two biggest clubs in any way whatsoever. Clearly I would like to see our own fans fill three stands but, currently, we don’t.

I think it’s fair to charge visiting clubs what they charge for our fans to attend their games. This would see fans from the OF, Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen and Motherwell paying higher prices than they have.

1,500 x £40 tickets would give £60,000

I don’t mind paying into a fund to pay to support other fans to attend our games. At £30 a head of our average support is 4,000 then that would generate £120,000 which would pay for around 300 ticket holder whom I would allocate to the family stand.

I don't believe you can do this. I understand every club can only charge away fans the price they charge home fans for match day tickets.

2 hours ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

Saint Johnstone give them three sides.

In all honesty, if we can't fill more than one stand, we should do the same...

Saint Johnstone give them three sides.
In all honesty, if we can't fill more than one stand, we should do the same...

f**k off

Can you all get in one corner as the ‘bigger club’ are here

GTF

Season ticket holder’s and matchday ticket buyers including SMTV have already ponied up

But can you please give us more and you can have your wish?