Prices Up - thanks to the moaning Minnies!

1 hour ago, Rascal said:

Very clearly put but I find myself to be a waverer. I dislike giving both stands but the pragmatist in says ok. Some steps forward in the thinking from the board. Charging away fans what they would pay at their own ground makes sense and I don’t just mean the OF. I do like the idea of the St Mirren Footballing Family having a facility to help others financially to attend games. Could this be aimed at increasing the number of families attending games?  I would like to see more fans with season tickets and more of those coming along on OF days. A big part of me admires those who don’t but , the more decent people there the better IMO. As for charging extra money to keep the OF out of the second stand……a big ask at the present time for many.

All good points.

People staying away because the atmosphere is toxic perplexed me.

On one level, I do understand... But if good people stay away, how will it ever get better?

In fact, as we now see, it leads to the opposite with sectarian bile all around the stadium and stewards afraid to confront people blatantly breaking stadium rules.

Next way to reduce the toxicity is to increase the number of home supporters and families.

Yup... Any transitional period will be unpleasant... but it is better than giving in to it. 

6 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

So we just accept that and make no attempt to change the situation for the better? 

Certainly not!!! 

I am all for finding ways to bring people into the ground, particularly young people, families and groups.

Edited by Rascal

1 hour ago, W6er said:

Saint Johnstone give them three sides.

In all honesty, if we can't fill more than one stand, we should do the same...

I’m agreeing with you. Lets be better and smarter than St Johnstone, give them all the tickets for the game and cash in.

In fact lets rename the ground for their visits to Lesser Ibrox and Lesser Parkhead.

Our Directors could introduce a NotSoLoving Cup and welcome the Directors of the respective Clubs to drink from it for invading our Stadium and cashcowing our season. For each of the games we should remove the seats as they don’t use them and it will save them getting damaged. 

We could even make more money from the Rangers Fans by importing Bottled Seville Toilet Water and selling it at a premium.

8 minutes ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

I’m agreeing with you. Lets be better and smarter than St Johnstone, give them all the tickets for the game and cash in.

In fact lets rename the ground for their visits to Lesser Ibrox and Lesser Parkhead.

Our Directors could introduce a NotSoLoving Cup and welcome the Directors of the respective Clubs to drink from it for invading our Stadium and cashcowing our season. For each of the games we should remove the seats as they don’t use them and it will save them getting damaged. 

We could even make more money from the Rangers Fans by importing Bottled Seville Toilet Water and selling it at a premium.

You’re not bitter!!

39 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Certainly not!!! 

I am all for finding ways to bring people into the ground, particularly young people, families and groups.

I agree.

It is an advantage to all narrow wisdom and narrow morals that their maxims have a plausible air; and, on a cursory view, appear equal to first principles. They are light and portable. They are as current as copper coin; and about as valuable. They serve equally the first capacities and the lowest; and they are, at least, as useful to the worst men as to the best. Of this stamp is the cant of not man, but measures; a sort of charm by which many people get loose from every honourable engagement.
Edmund Burke

He also said... Evil will, so good must.

and...  ‘The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.’

I agree.

It is an advantage to all narrow wisdom and narrow morals that their maxims have a plausible air; and, on a cursory view, appear equal to first principles. They are light and portable. They are as current as copper coin; and about as valuable. They serve equally the first capacities and the lowest; and they are, at least, as useful to the worst men as to the best. Of this stamp is the cant of not man, but measures; a sort of charm by which many people get loose from every honourable engagement.
Edmund Burke

and...  ‘The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.’

Aye, he was full of shit.

Just now, Slarti said:
7 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:
I agree.

Edmund Burke

Aye, he was full of shit.

I should have typed a bit slower for you! 😂😜

This could have and should have been sorted out by the board showing some common sense.

Statement saying that this season tickets have risen by 10% and to cover the lost revenue in old firm it could have gone up £65 a ticket which no one wants.

We should have trialed some of the initiatives and invited fans to also come up with ideas to bridge the gap.

If they work the season after next they get one stand if the initiatives fail to increase revenue trials a flop and we announce that they keep two stands. 

The more I read and think it's more of a get out by our chairman and takes away in his head the difficult decision.

3 hours ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

I think your suggestion is a little OTT, but we should certainly be looking to maximise the attendances at these games. If our own fans won't turn up and there's the demand from the away support, then cash in! Why leave seats empty when there are folk willing to pay for them? It's ludicrous.

1 hour ago, Sue Denim said:

I suggest we groundshare with Sevco at Ibrox.

6 games against the OF alone at that stadium would dwarf any income we can make in Paisley.

And if we don’t do this them I’d like the moaning minnies to explain how they will make up the shortfall 

Daft idea.

If it was that easy, every club would be doing it.

I mean...

Every club our size would be doing it. 🤐😂😜

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/28/2022 at 9:15 PM, Scott-Leeds said:

Get yet arse doon tae Waitrose

I did, the other day.  My arse grimaced when it saw the price of their own brand baked beans:48p a can! (It was 35p)

Tesco’s own brand baked beans still 4 cans for £1.40, with a club card.