St Mirren v Arbroath League Cup 9/7

Under six weeks till our first competitive game of the season, and we will welcome the best part time team in Scotland to Paisley. How many new signings will be making their debut here? A win against the team seeded second in the group will put us in the driving place for top spot, qualification to the next round and well on the road to Hampden.

2-0

O'Hara '12

Greive '84

Attendance 3,015

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

Under six weeks till our first competitive game of the season, and we will welcome the best part time team in Scotland to Paisley. How many new signings will be making their debut here? A win against the team seeded second in the group will put us in the driving place for top spot, qualification to the next round and well on the road to Hampden.

2-0

O'Hara '12

Greive '84

Attendance 3,015

What do you think the line up will be ? 🙄

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

2-0

O'Hara '12

Greive '84

Attendance 3,015

At a guess…what else could it be - 4

Score….Narrow win - 1-0

Attendance - 3,456

• 3 weeks later...

Arbroath had a fantastic season and fair play to them

they went on a good wee run and momentum and confidence carried them through

but to be honest it was the poorest championship ive seen in a long time

they will be fiesty against us and i will take any score line to win the game

they will still be carrying some confidence from last season, but we will win

also think Arbroath will be fighting relegation this coming season

17 minutes ago, saintargyll said:

Arbroath had a fantastic season and fair play to them

they went on a good wee run and momentum and confidence carried them through

but to be honest it was the poorest championship ive seen in a long time

How many games did you watch? 

Not that the game's all about goals but last season there were 432 goals scored, the season before 380 & the season before that 364. 

Not bad value for money. 

Edited by faraway saint

16 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

How many games did you watch? 

Not that the game's all about goals but last season there were 432 goals scored, the season before 380 & the season before that 364. 

Not bad value for money. 

Arboath v St. Mirren - Who will you be supporting, wee man? 😉

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You are on fire wee man, so many daft posts on the one night.

I love the close season madness. 

PS It's St Mirren v Arbroath. :1eye

Your home town team (?) but which home town? Just as pertinent, will you be there?

Would have liked to have seen it a Tenner but I think in these games the two clubs have to agree the charge between themselves , perhaps Arbroath fancied a few extra quid and we are still trying to fill the “one stand “ gap

Who knows 🤷‍♂️

Anyroad, If it’s £15 to watch us play the Championship runners up ,  be interesting to see what the charge is for the Home game V Edinburgh City newly promoted to Div 1 . 

31 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Anyroad, If it’s £15 to watch us play the Championship runners up ,  be interesting to see what the charge is for the Home game V Edinburgh City newly promoted to Div 1 . 

I would guess £15

1 hour ago, Warrior Saint said:

£15 🤣🤣🤣, club never seem to get it, £5 would have been more than enough for this.

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Would have liked to have seen it a Tenner but I think in these games the two clubs have to agree the charge between themselves , perhaps Arbroath fancied a few extra quid and we are still trying to fill the “one stand “ gap

Who knows 🤷‍♂️

I actually think £15 is reasonable for this game. Arbroath are a reasonably attractive club to play, given their amazing league campaign last year, and I quite fancy seeing how we do against them. I would also say the same about FC Edinburgh, who gained promotion.