St Mirren v Arbroath League Cup 9/7

This match is our first meaningful fixture for the season ahead. 

It has more importance than any of the three friendlies beforehand. The fans will be given their first opportunity to see what Robinson's own squad has to offer. 

I'm looking forward to seeing this one. And a fiver for an old git is good value IMO. COYS.

17 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

This match is our first meaningful fixture for the season ahead. 

It has more importance than any of the three friendlies beforehand. The fans will be given their first opportunity to see what Robinson's own squad has to offer. 

I'm looking forward to seeing this one. And a fiver for an old git is good value IMO. COYS.

An intriguing fixture and only £5 makes it well worth  the journey for the older Arbroath and St Mirren fans and for those who don’t qualify for concessions it is still good value.

Is that an accusation that I am one of Shull's sock puppets? I haven't been accused of being a sock puppet for over a year! [emoji1787]
The only person on here that I'm sure isn't shull is Cookie Monster. I'm not even sure that I'm not shull.

Or maybe nobody's shull, even shull. It's an intriguing thought.

16 minutes ago, Slarti said:

The only person on here that I'm sure isn't shull is Cookie Monster. I'm not even sure that I'm not shull.

Or maybe nobody's shull, even shull. It's an intriguing thought.

The character on here that refers to @faraway saint as 'Toxic Titch from Arbroath' seems like Shull, too. :lol: Who knows? I reckon @shull is a season ticket holder, despite his pretence that he isn't. 

1 minute ago, W6er said:

The character on here that refers to @faraway saint as 'Toxic Titch from Arbroath' seems like Shull, too. :lol: Who knows? I reckon @shull is a season ticket holder, despite his pretence that he isn't. 

Aye, all because I put shull on ignore when I was sick to fecking death of his obsession about the Old Firm. :lol:

Even blocked me from Facebook.  :lol

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, all because I put shull on ignore when I was sick to fecking death of his obsession about the Old Firm. :lol:

Even blocked me from Facebook.  :lol

I have only been on the forum a couple of years, but @shull is a character and I enjoy his posts, even if they're repetitive. There are plenty of good folk on here. We're all St. Murn fans and we should try to get along. :) 

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Would have been "free" if you'd picked the other major. :wink:

Ground control to Major Tom.

A chance for Arbroath to take a top league scalp. Both clubs fell just short last season and will be desperate to make a good start. Well worth the trip and entrance money, particularly at these prices.

57 minutes ago, Warrior Saint said:

God, u can't get out much if you can't wait for this game....

This is a St. Mirren forum, in case it escaped your notice! It's the close season and we have several new signings. On top of that Arbroath were lauded for their great team last season. I think most of us are looking forward to the game - I'm relishing the Belfast trip and that's a friendly! 

1 minute ago, W6er said:

This is a St. Mirren forum, in case it escaped your notice! It's the close season and we have several new signings. On top of that Arbroath were lauded for their great team last season. I think most of us are looking forward to the game - I'm relishing the Belfast trip and that's a friendly! 

Ignore his pish, another in a long line of "controversial/shock" brainless wonders. 👎

20 minutes ago, W6er said:

Indeed I am really looking forward to seeing how the team lines up. 

I count 7 players in the squad who have been capped or called up for an international team plus a lot of U21 experience .

We are building and exciting squad built on some of the experience from last season. 

Lots to look forward to a week on Saturday. 

1 hour ago, Warrior Saint said:

God, u can't get out much if you can't wait for this game....

I get out quite a bit but am certainly looking forward to the game. At one stage we could have been playing them in the top league or in the championship depending on results in the last few games so I expect a very competitive match.