St Mirren v Arbroath League Cup 9/7

1 hour ago, Rascal said:

No. I am giving my opinion. Just as you are giving yours. I also quoted the views of a neutral fan who was there. 

As I said, we made opportunities but didn’t convert enough of these to be shots on target and asking questions of their goalkeeper. 

Obviously this has troubled us in the past and still does but I like the movement and strength of the big Number 7. I also thought Henderson did well going forward and putting decent balls over.

Again, a lot of credit has to go to Arbroath who set up well and worked their socks off. If this was a banana skin, we skipped on it but I prefer to give credit to our opponents.

No, your saying we made 4 chances  :lol:

They must have happen doing the few mins when i was having a piss. 

Also, do me a favour, don't reply and don't give me a like for the post.

Hello, fellow Buddies!

Sorry for the intrusion. In the absence of an introduction thread, I will introduce myself here! :)

I was born and raised in Ralston, but currently my main residence is in a leafy area of Edinburgh that is very exclusive. I do still return to our wee town to watch the odd game and play a bit of golf at Ralston Golf Club. I also have a wee house in France and a pile on Arran, where I like to hike.  

I haven't seen the highlights of Saturday's game yet, but from what I have read it doesn't seem to have gone very well! Still, a long way to go! 

Come on you Saints! 🏁 

13 minutes ago, Ralstonite said:

Hello, fellow Buddies!

Sorry for the intrusion. In the absence of an introduction thread, I will introduce myself here! :)

I was born and raised in Ralston, but currently my main residence is in a leafy area of Edinburgh that is very exclusive. I do still return to our wee town to watch the odd game and play a bit of golf at Ralston Golf Club. I also have a wee house in France and a pile on Arran, where I like to hike.  

I haven't seen the highlights of Saturday's game yet, but from what I have read it doesn't seem to have gone very well! Still, a long way to go! 

Come on you Saints! 🏁 

Welcome Sir.

:clapping

45 minutes ago, Ralstonite said:

Hello, fellow Buddies!

Come on you Saints! 🏁 

Anymore of your property portfolio for public consumption... only part of Edinbore that exclusive is the M8 and M9 .... maybe you could PM me and we could compare stocks and shares 😴😴😴😴😴

2 hours ago, Ralstonite said:

Hello, fellow Buddies!

Come on you Saints! 🏁 

Are you related to William Todd per chance?

5 hours ago, Tommy said:

No, your saying we made 4 chances  :lol:

They must have happen doing the few mins when i was having a piss. 

Also, do me a favour, don't reply and don't give me a like for the post.

We had 13 shots. Two on target. Arbroath had 8. One on target. We had a better first half than Arbroath but, imo, they toughened up and dug in during the second , aided by smart substitutions. They committed 2 fouls in the first half and something like 12 in the second. As I said. We had the opportunities but didn’t take them. Well done Arbroath but a lot of the criticism of new players seems to me to be unjustified. The mistake that led to their goal was made by one of our experienced players. We win and we lose. Enjoy one but no need to get carried away when we lose.

6 hours ago, Rascal said:

We had 13 shots. Two on target. Arbroath had 8. One on target. We had a better first half than Arbroath but, imo, they toughened up and dug in during the second , aided by smart substitutions. They committed 2 fouls in the first half and something like 12 in the second. As I said. We had the opportunities but didn’t take them. Well done Arbroath but a lot of the criticism of new players seems to me to be unjustified. The mistake that led to their goal was made by one of our experienced players. We win and we lose. Enjoy one but no need to get carried away when we lose.

Jesus, gie it up, you've made a fool of yourself, no need to drag it out. :snore

We’d be as well telling most of the football media lads not to turn up for this one.

Best just to look at the Beeb stats, take the view of  a random neutral who just happened to have paid to attend a game which he has very little interest in and draw your own conclusions . 

It should finish 1-4 or 1 -5 or 0-4 but I’m sure a draw would be fair. 

I wasn't at the game on Saturday, so I don't have an idea of how we played, though what I can't understand is how a part-time team, who have had less time pre-season training than us to prepare for these games, can come away with victory and hold their own? Do they take a different mental approach to these games and we still use it as a 'pre-season'?

It doesn't worry me in the slightest that we were defeated in this game with it being so early on, though the comparison to resources etc, I would have expected us to pick up the required points.
Kev. It should worry you. Its was sheer laziness. And for Robinson to come out and say it was cos he worked to hard is an insult to Arbroath who's players are part time and been at their work all week. But these Saints coaches seem think it's OK to be out worked by a part time team. Apart from the first 15/20 mins of the 2nd half I don't think their goal keeper had a save to make. apart from Ethan not one who start has anymore than 2/10. So count yourself lucky you were not there. As for playing Grieve wide left shows Robinson is pretty clueless.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

Had we taken our chances we could have come away with a 4 or 4 to 1 score line in our favour and the feedback on social media would have been very different. We didn’t. Marcus Fraser ( I think it was) switched off despite Carson shouting to him to mark the player. He didn’t. They scored. Well done them.
What game were you at???

4 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

What game were you at???

Same one as yourself. 

Different opinions. No problem

To repeat - ad nauseam I know - we made enough chances to win. We didn’t take them. Arbroath made fewer chances , had as many on target as we did (2) and scored. They won. We had the better of the first half and they had the better of the second half. Towards the end I was becoming happy to settle for the draw. It wasn’t to be. End

Edited by Rascal

13 hours ago, Rascal said:

Opportunities  :lol: and the amount of shots mean hee haw unless they end up behind the keeper. 

I will also say well done to you for being the 1st and only person i have put on ignore in my 15 yrs on this forum   :byebye