St Mirren v Arbroath League Cup 9/7

Lacking respect for our opponents may be something a “fan” might get away with but I sure as hell hope that the manager and players don’t fall for thinking that this might be easy. A potential banana skin if the players are not switched on and up for a fight.

6 minutes ago, Warrior Saint said:

Gutted to miss a game against Arbroath? Really!!

Yes as a St Mirren supporter I was looking forward to seeing how our new squad would like up against what was a good team last season. 

Also looking forward to an afternoon with friends in the sun shine. 

1 minute ago, Rascal said:

Lacking respect for our opponents may be something a “fan” might get away with but I sure as hell hope that the manager and players don’t fall for thinking that this might be easy. A potential banana skin if the players are not switched on and up for a fight.

I think it's going to be a cracker of a game. They will be up for it, we are still conceding but look like scoring more now. This should be a good game. 

20 minutes ago, Warrior Saint said:

Am i missing something here? Be low crowd, basic kick about against lower league team. Folk are gutted about missing it, cracking thrilling game, folk excited...ffs its a game against Arbroath with what will be nothing like our team in first league game....

You might be missing the point of being a St Mirren supporter?

29 minutes ago, exiledfan said:

You might be missing the point of

being a St Mirren supporter?

Doesn’t darken our doors Exiled.

Back to the match. Terrific day for it.

Will be leaving in an hour or so.

Wondering who will be playing?

3 hours ago, exiledfan said:

I think it's going to be a cracker of a game. They will be up for it, we are still conceding but look like scoring more now. This should be a good game. 

Quite honestly? our defending at set pieces has looked shambolic to say the least. I hope they get that sorted out, toot de suite.

7 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Quite honestly? our defending at set pieces has looked shambolic to say the least. I hope they get that sorted out, toot de suite.

Spot on. My concern as well. More than a bit exasperating if you are the manager let alone a fan. We now have 3 or more tall guys so clearing headed balls should improve but two of the goals Northampton scored were in goalmouth scrambles. 

4 hours ago, Warrior Saint said:

Gutted to miss a game against Arbroath? Really!!

It's a first team competitive match, not a kickabout. Mind 17/3/13.

When I used to attend, it was irrelevant who we were playing. I was desperate to watch St Mirren playing and winning.. I loved a Saturday as I knew it was St Mirren day .

Obsessed and heavily addicted to my Club ?

Oh fecking yes !!!

7 minutes ago, shull said:

It's a first team competitive match, not a kickabout. Mind 17/3/13.

When I used to attend, it was irrelevant who we were playing. I was desperate to watch St Mirren playing and winning.. I loved a Saturday as I knew it was St Mirren day .

Obsessed and heavily addicted to my Club ?

Oh fecking yes !!!

What a day that was.  I will never forget that feeling when the full time whistle went and the nervous tension disappeared followed by pure pride and emotion. 

Getting back to Paisley and it was bouncing.

We love our team and town and are lucky to have enjoyed great days like this. 

5 hours ago, exiledfan said:

I have covid so can't make the game. To say I'm gutted is an understatement. Just e mailed the club to see if they could be generous and give me a free PPV as I have paid for a ticket and am a season ticket holder. 

I feel your pain- also tested positive yesterday. 

Tv for me today also,  COYS.

1 minute ago, exiledfan said:

It flattened me Monday to Wednesday. It's no just a mild cold. 

Ive been more fortunate, really rough throat and slight fatigue. 

The St Mirren team look like they've currently got fatigue. 

3 minutes ago, munoz said:

Ive been more fortunate, really rough throat and slight fatigue. 

The St Mirren team look like they've currently got fatigue. 

Indeed feel like Main would be making a difference up there at the moment and we are short of a ball winning midfielder (Erahon has done ok)