Linfield v St. Mirren - Saturday, 2nd July 2022

W6er

2 hours ago, W6er said:

I don't usually care for friendlies, but I quite fancy this one.

I think their European ties will start soon after our game, so I imagine they will take it seriously. Plus I have never been to Windsor Park.

Can’t book up as I am waiting for a double hip operation, otherwise I might have gone to this. Enough before the Marching Season to make a visit to Belfast fun.

15 minutes ago, mattman said:

Went last season and booked up for next month too; looking forward to it, good trip and a class night out 🍺🥳

Hopefully we play a game in Dublin or Cork next year, too! 

I love Belfast, but I have been so many times, as I frequently work there (no, @faraway saint, I'm not an Orangeman).

5 hours ago, Rascal said:

Hey W6er That sounds like a plan. Even add in Derry and stay in Donegal

I'm not sure I'd fancy Londonderry/Derry. They play in the Republic's league because their location is unsafe, at least according to a Coleraine man I know. However Cork or Dublin would be good...or even a game against Glentoran, as I have always fancied going to The Oval. :) 

4 hours ago, Swiss_Saint said:

Booked my flight and hotel for this one is it pay at the gate or do you have to buy a ticket, anyone know?

I believe the ticket details are still to be announced. With it being the 18,000 capacity national stadium, I'm not too worried about tickets, though! 😉

2 hours ago, W6er said:

I'm not sure I'd fancy Londonderry/Derry. They play in the Republic's league because their location is unsafe, at least according to a Coleraine man I know. However Cork or Dublin would be good...or even a game against Glentoran, as I have always fancied going to The Oval. :) 

I believe the ticket details are still to be announced. With it being the 18,000 capacity national stadium, I'm not too worried about tickets, though! 😉

A long time since I visited Derry/LD. Troops were still there but across the border in Donegal things were fine. Stayed a night or two and then spent the rest of the time in the Republic.

I have visited Belfast more often but not for a year or two. Vibrant city. I discovered that a lot of local business people left the city in the run up to 12 July to avoid the marching season.

In the past, in addition to my main job I also ran a training centre for Scotland and NI but refused to go over there during the height of the troubles.

cost more money but Instead we flew staff from the province to Glasgow. This also gave them a break from the tough position they were in.

Great people were it not for this religious/political stuff. Sad to see an episode at Linfield but glad they have stamped on it quickly.

I would love to be at the game.

39 minutes ago, Rascal said:

A long time since I visited Derry/LD. Troops were still there but across the border in Donegal things were fine. Stayed a night or two and then spent the rest of the time in the Republic.

I have visited Belfast more often but not for a year or two. Vibrant city. I discovered that a lot of local business people left the city in the run up to 12 July to avoid the marching season.

In the past, in addition to my main job I also ran a training centre for Scotland and NI but refused to go over there during the height of the troubles.

cost more money but Instead we flew staff from the province to Glasgow. This also gave them a break from the tough position they were in.

Great people were it not for this religious/political stuff. Sad to see an episode at Linfield but glad they have stamped on it quickly.

I would love to be at the game.

I can't wait for the game or the Crumlin Road Gaol. I was hoping to see Stormont, too, but there are no tours available during my visit. 

Linfield are like a mini-Rangers, so I really hope we beat them comfortably. :) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2022 at 1:03 PM, W6er said:

I don't usually care for friendlies, but I quite fancy this one.

I think their European ties will start soon after our game, so I imagine they will take it seriously. Plus I have never been to Windsor Park.

Free Entry at Linfield v St Mirren https://www.stmirren.com/fans-news/4464-free-entry-to-st-mirren-pre-season-friendly-against-linfield

40 minutes ago, Rascal said:

That link provides this one: https://www.linfieldfc.com/buytickets-generalsale.aspx

However, there are only tickets available for Linfield supporters!

ETA screenshot:

865181935_Screenshot2022-06-1619_58_44.thumb.png.880f9cd3a01fa7fe9d0f7cdb629e695c.png

Edited by W6er

57 minutes ago, Swiss_Saint said:

When I get to that link it says the Linfield supporters tickets are sold out

It's only the concession tickets that are 'sold out'. Given that they're free, it makes no difference if you get the non-concession ones. I have just 'bought' two now, as I fear that because they're free, they might otherwise go very quickly.

7 hours ago, W6er said:

It's only the concession tickets that are 'sold out'. Given that they're free, it makes no difference if you get the non-concession ones. I have just 'bought' two now, as I fear that because they're free, they might otherwise go very quickly.

But are those only for the linfield supporters or are we meant to be getting those ones too?

12 hours ago, Swiss_Saint said:

But are those only for the linfield supporters or are we meant to be getting those ones too?

The link from our club takes us to that page, and it has been raised with Linfield FC on Twitter: