Linfield v St. Mirren - Saturday, 2nd July 2022

W6er

1 minute ago, stlucifer said:

Am I reading this right? Are they asking those who already booked a ticket and then, on the strength of that, booked a bus/flight/ boat journey? Really poor show if that's the case.

Aye. To be fair they're making the tickets free and there don't appear to be any restrictions.

Just now, W6er said:

Aye. To be fair they're making the tickets free and there don't appear to be any restrictions.

But it still means that some who have paid out for travel and accomodation might end up having to find something else to do over there.

22 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

But it still means that some who have paid out for travel and accomodation might end up having to find something else to do over there.

Why? The date of the game hasn't changed, and there are still plenty of tickets available. I just got two more and my plans haven't changed one iota. 

Just now, W6er said:

Why? The date of the game hasn't changed, and there are still plenty of tickets available. I just got two more and my plans haven't changed one iota. 

What's the date got to do with it. There is still a chance that some who missed out first time around manage to eat up the supply. If even a couple of folk are left out of pocket then that's a travesty.

Just now, stlucifer said:

What's the date got to do with it. There is still a chance that some who missed out first time around manage to eat up the supply. If even a couple of folk are left out of pocket then that's a travesty.

We've been given the Kop for this game. Just us away fans. It's an 18,000 capacity stadium, so that stand alone must hold around 2,500 at least. I can't see anyone missing out. :) 

20 minutes ago, W6er said:

We've been given the Kop for this game. Just us away fans. It's an 18,000 capacity stadium, so that stand alone must hold around 2,500 at least. I can't see anyone missing out. :) 

Given its free entry would we not expect half of Paisley to turn up? 😂 

1 minute ago, Slarti said:
5 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:
Given its free entry would we not expect half of Paisley to turn up? emoji23.png 

Only if the plane/ferry is free too.

What’s wrong with swimming across? And hitching a ride? Pah. The youth of today.

2 hours ago, W6er said:

I didn't know that. I thought I read the tickets were previously sold out. If that's not the case then you're obviously right. Shouldn't be a problem.

6 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I didn't know that. I thought I read the tickets were previously sold out. If that's not the case then you're obviously right. Shouldn't be a problem.

I think they cocked up, by putting all the tickets for sale in the same stand and then realised that folk like me were 'purchasing' them for the home end. 

Anyone who wants to see this game will get a ticket no problem, and if you want to ,I’m sure you could take 16000 mates with you as there will be plenty of room .

Enjoy the trip .  If I hadn’t been to N.I. Recently on business I’d have been booking some appointments for this trip. 

Stephen Robinson helping his native economy. :lol:

I think Northern Ireland is the perfect place to go - similar weather, not too far to travel, but also somewhere a bit different. Same with the Republic. We should maybe alternate between Belfast, Dublin & Cork and get a wee city break each year. 

Also, let's not forget St. Mirren/Mirin was Irish. 💚 ☘️ 

1 minute ago, W6er said:

Stephen Robinson helping his native economy. :lol:

I think Northern Ireland is the perfect place to go - similar weather, not too far to travel, but also somewhere a bit different. Same with the Republic. We should maybe alternate between Belfast, Dublin & Cork and get a wee city break each year. 

Also, let's not forget St. Mirren/Mirin was Irish. 💚 ☘️ 

Never been to Cork! I’m all for that