Linfield v St. Mirren - Saturday, 2nd July 2022

W6er

11 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Greive tried a shot from about 30 yards, it fell kindly to Ayunga who took a touch then lashed it right-footed into the postage stamp corner from just inside the box.

I don’t think Grieve got the shot away , looks like the defender stuck his toe in and prodded the ball forward to Ayunga who tucked it away well 👍

Overall it's an encouraging performance - there is better movement from the team compared to last year (apart from at throw ins).

Our new signings look good but for me the standout is young Murray Campbell - he does not look like a fifteen year old - he has good composure on the ball and looks as if he has the build and maturity to compete for a first team place this season (if we can manage to hold on to him).

Edited by northstbuddie

1 minute ago, northstbuddie said:

Overall it's an encouraging performance - there is better movement from the team compared to last year (apart from at throw ins).

Our new signings look good but for me the standout is young Murray Campbell - he does not look like a fifteen year old - he has good composure on the ball and looks as if he has the build and maturity to compete for a first team place this season.

Just need to make sure Campbell signs a contract. 

32 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

Our new signings look good but for me the standout is young Murray Campbell - he does not look like a fifteen year old - he has good composure on the ball and looks as if he has the build and maturity to compete for a first team place this season (if we can manage to hold on to him).

Chat in the English media of interest down South for him 

1 minute ago, CraigyBoy said:

We have to prove to the lad that getting probable game time with us is better than twiddling thumbs at a bigger club to then be, quite possibly, let go without seeing a blade of grass beneath his feet in anger.

3 minutes ago, CraigyBoy said:

There's a queue a mile long for him , but we're hopeful of getting him on a pro-contract by guaranteeing him he'll be part of the 1st team squad !

Arrived back this morning after Easyjet cancelled my flight last night. Not a bad weekend , decent first half and ok second all about the legs for the players but good to see the youngsters get a good runout, Ayunga looks a step up from some previous players we had up front, him and Grieve constantly harrying causing errors.

Walked back to town after match through the lodge walk, think Rangers sell more jerseys there than in Glasgow.