Welcome Jonah Ayunga

51 minutes ago, shrimpsvoice said:

Best of luck Jonah always thought you had potential and appeared to be playing better when Robinson left.

However a footballer's career is short so can't begrudge anyone a move that they think will pay dividends.....but under Robinson...?????

:unsure:  Maybe trying to impress for a move.

2 hours ago, exiledfan said:

Best of luck let's see you get back into the Kenya squad with some good performances

Just what we need, in great form and we lose him to the Africa Cup of Nations, seriously tho' like all our signings I wish him every success!

2 hours ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

Has Stubbs returned as manager .? Knew this would be the signing pattern with  Robinson, we ought to have relieved him of his position before the seasons end. 

Reality is league 1 in England is as competitive as SPFL and the market we can afford to compete in. Need to give the lad a chance before judging. 

2 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

Just what we need, in great form and we lose him to the Africa Cup of Nations, seriously tho' like all our signings I wish him every success!

Don't worry next one's no till 2025. Would be great to see more saints players win caps to add to Ronan and McGrath. 

2 hours ago, shrimpsvoice said:

Best of luck Jonah always thought you had potential and appeared to be playing better when Robinson left.

However a footballer's career is short so can't begrudge anyone a move that they think will pay dividends.....but under Robinson...?????

He was doing so well why was he told he was surplus to requirements.

I hope Robinson's faith in him pays dividends.

Don't worry next one's no till 2025. Would be great to see more saints players win caps to add to Ronan and McGrath. 

2023, it's every 2 years.

But, he might not be going:

Kenya and Zimbabwe were included in the draw despite being temporary suspended by FIFA from all international football activities. However, if the suspension is not lifted two weeks before their first match of the qualifiers, both national teams will be eliminated from the competition.

13 hours ago, guinness said:

Not over impressed with this signing.

Gone are the days when we could buy players of the likes of Somner and Zico in the same transfer window.

Sadly. 

I wish we could get some decent forwards from our academy rather than these guys from lower leagues in England.

I’m hopeful that he can do a good job for us.

Edited by SuperSaints1877

50 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Gone are the days when we could buy players of the likes of Somner and Zico in the same transfer window.

Sadly. 

I wish we could get some decent forwards from our academy rather than these guys from lower leagues in England.

I’m hopeful that he can do a good job for us.

Home bred strikers are like hens teeth. When they do appear they're quickly snapped up by English or foreign teams. 

Even the Scotland team can't find a decent home bred striker.  

• 8 months later...
On 6/2/2022 at 12:08 PM, pod said:

Home bred strikers are like hens teeth. When they do appear they're quickly snapped up by English or foreign teams. 

Even the Scotland team can't find a decent home bred striker.  

The problem is that home bred strikers need time to develop before you get the return and that’s a risk.

Look at the “shit” strikers we have let go Shankland, Stewart and Iwelumo who all went on to have international careers