Average Crowds

In 2020 Saints had shown growth over 10 years and our average crowd was around 4,400. Crowds in 21/22 improved this further. What do you think will be our average gate? I am going to say 5,000 +

Last seasons figures https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/st-mirren/attendances

Edited by Rascal

Looking at the crowds for each game. The first Hearts match was during covid restrictions  so had a small crowd of just over 1 000. The average crowd is around 4,500 with the 3 OF games. Interesting to look at the impact of only giving one stand for each of the 3 games reduces the total by about 4,500 and the average by much less than I would have thought. Open to correction though.

The introduction of Killie into the league probably gives us another 2 sold out away end games. With that said the cost of living crisis is going to have an impact this year for sure so I don't really see there being an increase on average attendance overall. Maybe a slight decrease. 

6 hours ago, LargsBud said:

The introduction of Killie into the league probably gives us another 2 sold out away end games. With that said the cost of living crisis is going to have an impact this year for sure so I don't really see there being an increase on average attendance overall. Maybe a slight decrease. 

If we manage to get close to maintaining the level of attendance I'll be pleasantly amazed. With the squeeze on peoples living standards, going to a football match will likely be very low on their priorities. It might be that the financial difficulties have startedto bite now means that those with a reasonable income who normally buy an ST will still think they can afford to do so, myself included, but game by game attendees will surely taper off as the hurt gets deeper.

On 6/9/2022 at 12:16 AM, LargsBud said:

Decent argument. Am I right in thinking that season ticket sales are up?