Isle of Man TT Deaths

Rascal

So far this year there have been 5 deaths including a father and son. Is it too dangerous? Should it be stopped are questions that come to mind, I am not a motorcycle enthusiast so would stop it. The recurring number of deaths is unacceptable.

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/isle-of-man-tt-father-and-son-die-competing-in-race-taking-number-of-rider-deaths-to-five-12631705

4 minutes ago, guinness said:

They accept the risks. Would you ban mountaineering and other extreme sports? As long as people know the risks let them get on with it.

You have a point but surely improvements in safety at the event could be improved? 

The TT is the ultimate motorcycle road race.

It is impossible to make “improvements” around the whole course. Putting in “safety” barriers would actually lead to more deaths as the course would be even more narrow. Everyone who enters knows the risks involved.

There are so many parameters that can cause crashes. It is not always the error of the biker that causes accidents.

As a (former) biker myself I know the dangers only too well. I don’t see the TT ever changing. The guys going round this course have balls of steel. One of the guys who finished the senior race had strikes with pigeons. 

Just finished watching the Senior TT which was won by Peter Hickman who won 4 big races this week. 

Decent descriptive lap on a CBR600 at TT. 

21 hours ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

The TT is the ultimate motorcycle road race.

It is impossible to make “improvements” around the whole course. Putting in “safety” barriers would actually lead to more deaths as the course would be even more narrow. Everyone who enters knows the risks involved.

There are so many parameters that can cause crashes. It is not always the error of the biker that causes accidents.

As a (former) biker myself I know the dangers only too well. I don’t see the TT ever changing. The guys going round this course have balls of steel. One of the guys who finished the senior race had strikes with pigeons. 

Just finished watching the Senior TT which was won by Peter Hickman who won 4 big races this week. 

Decent descriptive lap on a CBR600 at TT. 

Close to 200mph. Frightening. Very cool commentary by the rider.