Glastonbury 2022

faraway saint

The festival is back, after a tough few years thousands will, and already are, be heading to have a memorable, or maybe not, weekend.

As usual, with a wide range of music there will be something that appeals to most music lovers.

As I'm away the weekend I'll not see much but I should be back for Sunday to see the legends stage with Diana Ross entertaining the audience, despite that plenty will hardly have heard of her. :lol:

14 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Paul McCartney tonight, 80 years old, he'll have the whole place rocking.

The Frog Chorus for his encore? 😉

Jeezo, as if my night couldn't get any worse.

McCartneys song selection has been gash, and he's currently murdering Maybe I'm Amazed.

Time for the pipe and slippers mate.n👎

10 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Jeezo, as if my night couldn't get any worse.

McCartneys song selection has been gash, and he's currently murdering Maybe I'm Amazed.

Time for the pipe and slippers mate.n👎

Nah loving it!! Maybe the coconut rum and lilt having something to do with it. 🙂

8 hours ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

Nah loving it!! Maybe the coconut rum and lilt having something to do with it. 🙂

TBF it looks like I caught, for me, the weakest 30-40 minutes as the round up I just seen certainly had more recognisable songs but he's not in great voice no matter what he was singing. 

8 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Macca has been one of Musics greats but let’s be honest he should have chucked it at least 10 years ago .
His voice has gone ☹️  

Aye, as I mentioned last night, he slaughtered Maybe I'm Amazed, not an easy song to sing but he really should be picking/choosing his songs to suit what voice he has left.

I do it all the time. 😉

Edited by faraway saint

20 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Just started watching Diana Ross, although, as it's not live, I've read some reviews that she wasn't great.

Some defend her because of her age, I don't personally buy that.

I don't really care what age an artist it, I expect a more than decent performance. 

Turned over after 20 minutes, someone call Taggert. 🙉

37 minutes ago, exiledfan said:

Sensational performance by Oli Alexander from years and years. That performance of its a sin is unbelievable. Talented lad that will go far. 

Looking forward to petshop boys. 

He's already gone far.

Has has an acclaimed TV series under his belt, his version of It's a Sin, with Elton John, was the star of the show at The Brits in May last year.

A talented boy right enough, and a gentleman into the bargain. 

PS He's a solo performer now. 

Edited by faraway saint

32 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

He's already gone far.

Has has an acclaimed TV series under his belt, his version of It's a Sin, with Elton John, was the star of the show at The Brits in May last year.

A talented boy right enough, and a gentleman into the bargain. 

PS He's a solo performer now. 

Agreed I mean will go further. He is a solo performer but still performs under years and years. 

I think he will win Eurovision for UK next year he has already said he's up for performing.

It's a Sin on TV had me in tears.

On 6/26/2022 at 6:50 PM, faraway saint said:

Just started watching Diana Ross, although, as it's not live, I've read some reviews that she wasn't great.

Some defend her because of her age, I don't personally buy that.

I don't really care what age an artist it, I expect a more than decent performance. 

They played one of her songs from Glastonbury today on Radio 2 - I couldn’t believe my ears 😮. Thought they’d got the tapes mixed up with some drunk wummin in the Abbey bar karaoke 😬

listened in to a bit more on i-player , absolutely f**king awful 😣 Time to Chuck it Diana 👎

They played one of her songs from Glastonbury today on Radio 2 - I couldn’t believe my ears [emoji50]. Thought they’d got the tapes mixed up with some drunk wummin in the Abbey bar karaoke [emoji51]
listened in to a bit more on i-player , absolutely f**king awful [emoji21] Time to Chuck it Diana [emoji107]
Some of the drunk wummin in the Abbey Bar are no' bad. It's the drunk guys like me who are shit in there. [emoji1787]