Hospitality - Season 22/23

3 minutes ago, W6er said:

I have just noticed that it is already sold out for the Old Firm games. I wonder why?! :rolleyes:

1077529412_Screenshot2022-06-2314_49_01.thumb.png.bbccf5d6db4731da6933ba3d535d9211.png

Always first to sell out

Repeat customers and auction winners from the POTY dinner and at the price their welcome.

On a side note,having attended previously,a gentle reminder was issued as to where the seats were located (Home) for the benefit of the visiting fans.

Dont think that happens anymore as recently getting more vocal and obviously had a wee dram or too

Sitting close by have seen some incidents and the disappearance (Steward assisted) of a home fan who attended every week.

I was thinking about birthdays and stuff. More money for the club, and a day out I have never experienced before. One of the birthdays is 5th March, so Celtic home would have been perfect - especially as it will be moved to the Sunday.

I believe many Companies who struggle to get corporate in either of the middens buy up tables early doors at away matches so they can entertain their scum supporting customers . They know they’ll have no trouble filling the seats . 

One of my customers in Glasgow has tables in Dundee at both grounds and has done for years as he has several large accounts there .
 He offered me a Dun Utd V Septic day out a few years ago, needless to say I declined . 🤨

I believe many Companies who struggle to get corporate in either of the middens buy up tables early doors at away matches so they can entertain their scum supporting customers . They know they’ll have no trouble filling the seats . 

One of my customers in Glasgow has tables in Dundee at both grounds and has done for years as he has several large accounts there .
 He offered me a Dun Utd V Septic day out a few years ago, needless to say I declined . [emoji2955]
Turning down a freebie? Faraway will be so disappointed in you - unless he got your place, that is.

11 minutes ago, Slarti said:
1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

He offered me a Dun Utd V Septic day out a few years ago, needless to say I declined . emoji2955.png

Turning down a freebie? Faraway will be so disappointed in you - unless he got your place, that is.

Even I have my limits 🙄😬

48 minutes ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

Day the fixtures... minutes after being known... came out I contacted the club to see about mascot experience for my son near his birthday in march. Was told the Celtic game was already unavailable. He's the mascot at the livi game 1st April.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

Old pals act? :(

4 minutes ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

Potentially. How could it book up that quick?

Matchday Mascots (stmirren.com)

Maybe a missed opportunity to raise cash.

As the link shows it is possible for more that one mascot,indeed have seen games with more than 2.

Seen some teams walk out with a mascot per player,so if demand is there,club could facilitate to meet that demand.

May be down to a lack of supervision of the kids if numbers too many or too much a hassle to make easy money and someone happy

47 minutes ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

Potentially. How could it book up that quick?

Though good that my son is still getting to be a mascot and a game we could try and win.

Hope the young fella enjoys it.

I Have enjoyed paying hospitality at St Mirren. I prefer to pay my own especially at home. Feels like I’ve done my bit.

I know folks like freebies and I Admit to attending the board room at Celtic Park, Hibs and Dunfermline when St Mirren were playing and my sons couldn’t make it and I was attending on my own. All many years ago now.

Hope the young fella enjoys it.
I Have enjoyed paying hospitality at St Mirren. I prefer to pay my own especially at home. Feels like I’ve done my bit.
I know folks like freebies and I Admit to attending the board room at Celtic Park, Hibs and Dunfermline when St Mirren were playing and my sons couldn’t make it and I was attending on my own. All many years ago now.
I hope he does too. I did hospitality once as well. My wife got it for our first wedding anniversary and won me a signed ball too. Was a great day. My son will remember it forever.

A customer of mine Paisley born and bred owned a business in the town {blue nose} knowing I was a saints fan. was pouring his heart out said he phone the club looking to book a table for the next Rangers game.. was told to phone in when the fixtures came out, he did within seconds of the fixtures coming out only to be told sorry it's sold out... He was raging  :shockaroony 

There was me shaking my head giving it That's Shocking mate, Write to your MP, Phone mill st.. Refuse to pay your council tax etc...  While inside my head I was giving it Get It Right Up Ye ya dick  :double  

True story they're probably sold before the fixtures come out 

On 6/23/2022 at 2:51 PM, W6er said:

I have just noticed that it is already sold out for the Old Firm games. I wonder why?! :rolleyes:

1077529412_Screenshot2022-06-2314_49_01.thumb.png.bbccf5d6db4731da6933ba3d535d9211.png

It seems a bit rank when hospitality for matches against these 2 teams are sold out before The Club' supporters have had a chance to think about booking any.

Are you a member of the 1877 Club? If not, ever been in it?

Edited by Kombibuddie
Typo

1 hour ago, Kombibuddie said:

It seems a bit rank when hospitality for matches against these 2 teams are sold out before The Club' supporters have had a chance to think about booking any.

Are you a member of the 1877 Club? If not, ever been in it?

I'm not, and have never been in it. It's £50 plus £10 per month, which seems a little dear. Do you need to sit in the Main Stand to be a member?

9 minutes ago, W6er said:

I'm not, and have never been in it. It's £50 plus £10 per month, which seems a little dear. Do you need to sit in the Main Stand to be a member?

I’m just about to cancel my membership. It just hasn’t worked for me .
 Seemed like a good idea at the time but when you factor in the fact you’re still paying close season, games getting shifted around , midweek etc , it means your adding about 2-3 quid onto each pint . Eg, only one home game in March last season . the charge for visitors and the limit on numbers put my family off attending also .

Its a good facility and I fully understand the costs incurred by the original members but I feel the current membership model could do with a shake up. 

Just now, Callum Gilhooley said:

Seemed like a good idea at the time but when you factor in the fact you’re still paying close season, games getting shifted around , midweek etc , it means your adding about 2-3 quid onto each pint . Eg, only one home game in March last season . the charge for visitors and the limit on numbers put my family off attending also .

Its a good facility and I fully understand the costs incurred by the original members but I feel the current membership model could do with a shake up. 

The current set up was criticised and well discussed  when it was opened.

Absolutely means nothing to me but never seemed even close to value for money.

24 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

The current set up was criticised and well discussed  when it was opened.

Absolutely means nothing to me but never seemed even close to value for money.

I suppose it's exclusive and convenient. If money's no object, then why not? But unfortunately I live on a budget. The other thing is you don't want a facility that's too busy, so being dear prevents overcrowding as for many it is not worth the money.

27 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I understand that it was known as the void and the refurbishment was expensive, but have they not paid it off, yet?

1 minute ago, W6er said:

I suppose it's exclusive and convenient. If money's no object, then why not? But unfortunately I live on a budget. The other thing is you don't want a facility that's too busy, so being dear prevents overcrowding as for many it is not worth the money.

I understand that it was known as the void and the refurbishment was expensive, but have they not paid it off, yet?

It's not so much about the cost, which is a factor, but these places tend to attract a clique which is a reason I've almost totally avoided joining any clubs.

I made an exception with the St Mirren club when I lived in Paisley,  only to allow me to play pool.