Have you ever wondered where the Kibble got £400,000 of public money to buy into our club ?

https://www.sundaypost.com/fp/profit-of-private-companies-questioned-as-the-cost-of-care-revealed/

“Accounts show Kibble CEO Jim Gillespie was paid a £202,000 salary. Two years ago the charity paid £400,000 to buy 27% of St Mirren, where Gillespie is now a director. It added that its investment in St Mirren had allowed it to provide training and employment opportunities to young people in hospitality, retail and leisure.”

Ask yourself -  HOW MANY CHILDREN HAVE BEEN TRAINED ?

https://www.sundaypost.com/fp/profit-of-private-companies-questioned-as-the-cost-of-care-revealed/
“Accounts show Kibble CEO Jim Gillespie was paid a £202,000 salary. Two years ago the charity paid £400,000 to buy 27% of St Mirren, where Gillespie is now a director. It added that its investment in St Mirren had allowed it to provide training and employment opportunities to young people in hospitality, retail and leisure.”

That's Kibbles business, not St.Mirren's.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

42 minutes ago, glen said:

Here’s a better idea, why don’t you ask and let us know 😎👍

To be honest I do not care.

The club is best it has ever been run and we look at top 6 each season as opposed to survival from even the championship and going out of business.

One of the top run clubs in Europe and lots to look forward to so I don't see relevance.  

3 hours ago, glen said:

It is it only me that has a "Tedious walloper" alert when posts of this ilk appear on here?😪

10 hours ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

I always think it’s disgusting the salary and pensions these directors of charities receive.

Totally agree.

I support a number of charities. One pissed me off and I cancelled my monthly donation.

I was looking to redirect it 

A TV advert caught my attention and tugged at my heart. Just £2 a month to change lives.

I checked the charity out at companies House... 6 directors getting over £100,000 a year!

They didn't get my support.

A local charity needs 50k a year to survive. Not one penny goes to fundraisers, directors or the likes.

Another local charity pays two fundraising managers 50k a year.

12 hours ago, glen said:

Get a life.

15 hours ago, Warrior Saint said:

Why? Do u have any idea how many hours they put in or what they do? Just asking?

Guaranteed that they won’t be out in the streets at the weekends in the pouring rain shaking a can and asking some OAPs to empty their purse and leave their remaining estate to the charity.

The top “executive” in the Salvation Army receives £15,500 and some living quarters. 

Just now, Warrior Saint said:

Picture shows you do not have a clue what ur on about ya tool-bag!

Your spelling indicates that you did not do very well at school. I can’t imagine you have ever been in a boardroom unless you were emptying the bins. 

There are a number of areas in the “workplace” whether private, public or private sector that rewards for those at the top are just too much in relation to the income others working there receive, not forgetting the “market” they serve and their “customers “. 

Charities and Housing Associations as well as Airport Managers and Council Executives have featured strongly in the news with suggestions that they are overpaid and don’t provide value for the end user. Nothing wrong with shining a light.

I'd rather guess that the original poster of this thread hasn't read the whole article and/or understand the reasoning for kibble buying into the club.

The things that stand out are that its apparent that the care system in Scotland is far better than the kak handed approach in England. 

Unlike some of the other care providers in the article, kibble do state they can provide work experience for when those who they provide for reach post care age can hopefully gain employment, etc. Thus ensuring future funding.

With some of the decisions, like obviously pushing the new season budget out a bit imo it would appear that a bit of good business accumen  has been done as hopefully a successful club coupled with a successful partner can only be a good thing for both parties.

5 hours ago, Warrior Saint said:

And you are still avoiding original question, keep hiding!

I know enough about charities and how they operate at a senior level. 

What do you know?

Maybe it’s better you tell us your experience as you come across very angry about my opinion of their salaries.

I personally don’t believe the CEOs and fellow directors of these charities deserve the massive salaries and pensions. 

These excessive wages and benefits do not sit well with me. I choose carefully where my charity donations go and the places where I volunteer to help others less fortunate. 

In some hospitals in the UK foodbanks have been set up to help NHS staff. These people deserve better. It’s only going to get worse. 

36 minutes ago, Warrior Saint said:

You have still not explained what they do to get these salaries. What does the job entail, what hours they work etc. Absolutely no anger at all btw, you seem to be livid though!!

You are a funny guy.