Gallagher

:) "Great news about Gallagher signing!"

:unsure: "He's 31 and only made 15 appearances for Aberdeen last year! We're taking on Aberdeen's cast offs."

:) "He's experienced! 31 is a long way from being passed it. He's been capped for Scotland fairly recently, for heaven's sake."

2 hours ago, W6er said:

:unsure: "He's 31 and only made 15 appearances for Aberdeen last year! We're taking on Aberdeen's cast offs."

He made 31 appearances for Aberdeen last year including 25 starts.

image.png.ba6a698e2af03e8ece5f5c8637827471.png

Interestingly enough, none of those 25 starts were against us. He was on the bench for all 4 meetings and only played against us once which was in the last game because Considine got injured.

25 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

He made 31 appearances for Aberdeen last year including 25 starts.

image.png.ba6a698e2af03e8ece5f5c8637827471.png

Interestingly enough, none of those 25 starts were against us. He was on the bench for all 4 meetings and only played against us once which was in the last game because Considine got injured.

That's good! I took mine from his Wikipedia page, but Wiki's not reliable as we all know. Thanks for rectifying that!

1973705948_Screenshot2022-06-2613_42_28.png.afca58b484d6cbe4711cccf07374c2fe.png

4 minutes ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

Seems to be a gap between 2016 and 2017, whilst at Livi. Another Aberdeen cast off. Probably another underwhelming signing by a manager who shouldn’t be there.

It was when he was in the jail, I think.

42 minutes ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

Seems to be a gap between 2016 and 2017, whilst at Livi. Another Aberdeen cast off. Probably another underwhelming signing by a manager who shouldn’t be there.

Ex Scotland International. 6ft 5 inches tall. I’m happy with that.

1 hour ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

Did we not try and sign him when he was leaving Motherwell , seem to remember we had interest in him at that time?

2 hours ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

Negative pish.

Let's see what Gallagher does on the pitch. Manager also deserves a chance to prove himself with a squad of players he chose. 

If they're both proving to be pants by Nov/Dec then criticism would be acceptable. 

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Negative pish.

Let's see what Gallagher does on the pitch. Manager also deserves a chance to prove himself with a squad of players he chose. 

If they're both proving to be pants by Nov/Dec then criticism would be acceptable. 

The manager has already proved to be hopeless, no need to wait six months.

15 minutes ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

Meant to say, I’d no idea the player had been in prison. He was, however not good enough for Aberdeen.

No Aberdeen player was good enough for Aberdeen last season. Hence their poor season. 

I think Declan will fit in well at saints and be a huge hit for us, just what we need. 

54 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Thanks Goodie we will take him... great signing and sure Robbo will restore his confidence

We look like we are investing with the aim of being a top six club and this signing will support that aim. Clubs like Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs are investing to try for 3rd and 4th place and to reach cup finals and possibly win them. If we finish 5th or 6th then the manager is vindicated in his choices and ability. I believe that this is how he should be judged and when. Just my opinion.

1 hour ago, Rascal said:

We look like we are investing with the aim of being a top six club and this signing will support that aim. Clubs like Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs are investing to try for 3rd and 4th place and to reach cup finals and possibly win them. If we finish 5th or 6th then the manager is vindicated in his choices and ability. I believe that this is how he should be judged and when. Just my opinion.

Very balanced opinion. I also feel like we are building with a lot on two year deals so lots to look forward to.