The Armchair Fan

Rascal

I’d fcuking love to watch the fitba at St Mirren Park in a comfy armchair.

In winter a helpful steward can bring me a heated blanket with my pie and bovril.

Where in the stadium can you buy such luxury? I could not see that option when purchasing my season ticket.

Hope you don’t have to have been to international ambassadors dinners to qualify!

1 hour ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

I’d fcuking love to watch the fitba at St Mirren Park in a comfy armchair.

In winter a helpful steward can bring me a heated blanket with my pie and bovril.

Where in the stadium can you buy such luxury? I could not see that option when purchasing my season ticket.

Hope you don’t have to have been to international ambassadors dinners to qualify!

Lol. They have padded seats that you can get a season ticket for. I like the idea of the steward, the blanket and the pie and hot drink at half time. How about a personal screen where you can choose your own replays?

Edited by Rascal

Football without fans is nothing is a sentiment that has been expressed by  directors, managers and players. But the reality is that interest in the game goes beyond those who attend matches and the growth of TV coverage and income is critical to the clubs. The forum reflects this but it seems to be considered to be pejorative to reflect the reality - or is it? I don’t think so. Those of us who are old enough to remember the broadcaster Jimmy Sanderson will recall his first question to many callers being “were you at the game caller?” These days many callers or forum posters will have watched the games on TV and formed their opinion that way. This has been accelerated by matches being streamed real time during the pandemic. We often talk of teams like St Mirren taking 5 or 6 times their normal support to big cup games. Do these reflect those we might regard as armchair fans?

12 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Football without fans is nothing is a sentiment that has been expressed by  directors, managers and players. But the reality is that interest in the game goes beyond those who attend matches and the growth of TV coverage and income is critical to the clubs. The forum reflects this but it seems to be considered to be pejorative to reflect the reality - or is it? I don’t think so. Those of us who are old enough to remember the broadcaster Jimmy Sanderson will recall his first question to many callers being “were you at the game caller?” These days many callers or forum posters will have watched the games on TV and formed their opinion that way. This has been accelerated by matches being streamed real time during the pandemic. We often talk of teams like St Mirren taking 5 or 6 times their normal support to big cup games. Do these reflect those we might regard as armchair fans?

Fecking jesus, how many times? 

Some people go, some don't, gies fecking piece ya tedious old bore. :thumbsdown

Loosen up.

There are New entrants into the TV market. Clubs are becoming fan owned.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/international/scottish-football-fans-facing-a-cost-of-watching-crisis-as-viaplay-enters-crowded-tv-market-3671862

PS. Just use ignore.

(personally I cant wait for the next exciting instalment about your drive to or from work. It is what it is.)

Edited by Rascal