St Mirren V Arbroath, Sat 9th July

Apologies to @TopCat but this is the match day section. :P

So, the first real game of the season, as some have mentioned, this is an important competition for us, a chance to get some cash in and, who knows, a cup final appearance has to start somewhere.

The bookies have us at 1/2, with Arbroath at 4/1.

No excuses, none of that "it's early season/players haven't settled shite", it's the same for all teams.

A win's a must. 

16 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Apologies to @TopCat but this is the match day section. :P

Seeing it in the General Discussion forum troubled me a wee bit more than it should have. :lol:

It will be interesting to see who starts. Of course we should win it, but Arbroath had a great season and this is a potential banana skin.

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

A mate told me Arbroath sold 1,300 season tickets last season, up from just over 400 the previous season. :shockaroony

Not had that confirmed as, if that was the case, I'm surprised they've not reached 1,000 as yet. 

If anything I'd expect them to sell more this season! Last year many expected them to struggle, whereas now they have proven they can compete and even challenge for the title.

Hopefully they bring a good support with them on Saturday. :) 

5 hours ago, W6er said:

Seeing it in the General Discussion forum troubled me a wee bit more than it should have. :lol:

It will be interesting to see who starts. Of course we should win it, but Arbroath had a great season and this is a potential banana skin.

Maybe someone could merge the threads.

34 minutes ago, W6er said:

Just bought tickets for this game, and there were of empty seats! I reckon we've possibly sold as little as 1,200 seats for it. 

Disappointing and I hope many choose to pay on the day. Having said that only 3 out of 6 of us are able to go on Saturday.

5 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I will be pay on the day , unfortunately 5 of our six are on Holiday so it’ll me little ‘ol me on my lonesome 🙄

What are these people thinking, when they book their holidays at the beginning of the season?! This is the League Cup, man! 

If you sit in the Main Stand there's a good chance you will catch the sun, so don't despair. 😎 It's bloody annoying, actually...

3 minutes ago, W6er said:

What are these people thinking, when they book their holidays at the beginning of the season?! This is the League Cup, man! 

If you sit in the Main Stand there's a good chance you will catch the sun, so don't despair. 😎 It's bloody annoying, actually...

Some people simply do not understand where their priorities should lie 🤨 Bloody part timers ! 🙄

3 minutes ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

After witnessing the pathetic display in midweek, I will be giving this a very wide bearth. Saw nothing in the new signings, perhaps excluding Ohara, to encourage any confidence in the new season. My opinion on the new manager remains the same as previous. 

😴😴😴

2 hours ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

After witnessing the pathetic display in midweek, I will be giving this a very wide bearth. Saw nothing in the new signings, perhaps excluding Ohara, to encourage any confidence in the new season. My opinion on the new manager remains the same as previous. 

That was a friendly! We played a 15 year old. 

This is the first meaningful game of the season, and you're going to miss it because of how we performed during a kick about?

2 hours ago, W6er said:

This is the first meaningful game of the season, and you're going to miss it because of how we performed during a kick about?

Best not to try to reason with him, he just copies and pastes the same old shite on various threads.

Not all there TBH. :1eye

2 hours ago, W6er said:

We played the second half with 6/7 academy players having drawn the first half one each. They brought on their top 11 for the second half. Our young lads will have learned a lot. For some it let them get their feet back on the ground after being widely touted in the press. For others it built their confidence and I for one enjoyed seeing them. The result was irrelevant - lost two scrappy goals and a penalty that could have been avoided and I hope that we overall learned from that going into competitive games.