St Mirren V Arbroath, Sat 9th July

Waste of a fiver and 2 hrs drinking time. 

That display certainly didn't  encourage me to buy a season ticket. 

Of the new players performance, Carson had nothing to do.

Didn't noticed O'Hara till the 2nd half.

Ayunga reminded me of players Alan Stubbs would sign.

Olusanya need to take the ball with him when on  a run. 

Gallagher gave me the fears when he had the ball but we know he is or was, a good player. 

It surely can only get better

90 mins of effort with the Arbroath keeper not having to make a save.

Oh, and Clancy is still a shit ref. 

44 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Waste of a fiver and 2 hrs drinking time. 

That display certainly didn't  encourage me to buy a season ticket. 

Of the new players performance, Carson had nothing to do.

Didn't noticed O'Hara till the 2nd half.

Ayunga reminded me of players Alan Stubbs would sign.

Olusanya need to take the ball with him when on  a run. 

Gallagher gave me the fears when he had the ball but we know he is or was, a good player. 

It surely can only get better

90 mins of effort with the Arbroath keeper not having to make a save.

Oh, and Clancy is still a shit ref. 

Appalling  is the only word for this typical  home display ,got to get drummed into this team and manager ,LOSING AT HOME IS UNACCEPTABLE 

Reflecting back on the game doesn’t make it any easier to accept the defeat, narrow though it was. I thought Henderson did well when he came on and generally I thought that Ethan put in a good days work. We created opportunities but clearly failed to take them. That has to change. I switched off to look towards penalties when they scored in the 93rd minute. So had our defence.

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

A tough nut to crack but the SPL benefited from them not making it? 

Arbroath, and ICT, were very poor in the play off games, worst they probably played all season.

This can happen, you only have to look back at Scotland against Ukraine and Eire. 

But, as many will remember, the Championship isn't an easy league to get out of, many "big" teams take a few seasons to get back into the top flight and to sum up Arbroath in 2 games is very unfair. 

It isn’t an easy League to get out of and they didn’t.

We’ve been at the top table for several seasons and it’s been a struggle but we’re at a position Arbroath can still only dream of.

In summary we should be a bit more positive about losing one game to football’s yesterday man.

In the legendary Hendrie season Dick was booted in favour of Jimmy C, clearly the East End board saw that he’s not a top League Manager even then.

Robbo has had a top 3 in this League so give him time, my opinion.

5 minutes ago, Hunterian said:

It isn’t an easy League to get out of and they didn’t.

We’ve been at the top table for several seasons and it’s been a struggle but we’re at a position Arbroath can still only dream of.

In summary we should be a bit more positive about losing one game to football’s yesterday man.

In the legendary Hendrie season Dick was booted in favour of Jimmy C, clearly the East End board saw that he’s not a top League Manager even then.

Robbo has had a top 3 in this League so give him time, my opinion.

You said Arbroath were like a pub team. I agreed on the 2 games they played ICT they were disappointing but I seen them quite a few tines last season and you don't sir easily 2nd top by being a pub team. 

Where did I, even remotely,  imply Robinson shouldn't  e given more time? 

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You said Arbroath were like a pub team. I agreed on the 2 games they played ICT they were disappointing but I seen them quite a few tines last season and you don't sir easily 2nd top by being a pub team. 

Where did I, even remotely,  imply Robinson shouldn't  e given more time? 

You definitely didn’t imply that.  

I feel though that Arbroath’s brand provides the kind of tackles that could end a career.

Mind you, I am basing this on the games I saw towards the end of the season.

If you believe they are a better footballing side having seen them more then I’ll have to defer to you.

Based on yesterday, I’d say we’ve got worse again and it’s easy to see why we are favourite to go down. 

big no7 was honking! We are short of a right winger, a central ball winner to take charge and probably a creative ‘Ronan’ type. 

Season hasn’t even started & already I can see it being a struggle. Hope to god I’m wrong 

3 hours ago, waldorf34 said:

Appalling  is the only word for this typical  home display ,got to get drummed into this team and manager ,LOSING AT HOME IS UNACCEPTABLE 

Why is it unacceptable we have been losing at home most weeks for years no one at the club seems to fussed about it.

Edited by elvis

1 hour ago, spankin_panda said:

Based on yesterday, I’d say we’ve got worse again and it’s easy to see why we are favourite to go down. 

big no7 was honking! We are short of a right winger, a central ball winner to take charge and probably a creative ‘Ronan’ type. 

Season hasn’t even started & already I can see it being a struggle. Hope to god I’m wrong 

Unfortunately you are 100% right.

Shaughnessy, Tanser, Kiltie (despite his deep-lying role), Erhahon, o'Hara and Henderson when he came on, all performed well.
We were set up too defensively in the first half and were fortunate not to go in at half time a goal down. We had no natural winger playing wide on the right.
In the second half we turned the screw a bit and were unlucky not to score on a couple of occasions.
Some clown behind me was calling for Erhahon to be substituted after his only bad pass of the afternoon - whereas he was our best performer today by some considerable margin followed by Kiltie.
It's obviously too soon in the season to write us off, but what is certain is that we will have to improve on this level of performance to survive in the SPL let alone finish in the top six..
First half I forgot Kiltie was playing. He was a bit better in the 2nd half

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

I've been to both!

I've also been to the only time Saints have lost to Brechin and the only time they've lost at home to Forfar.

You’re a jinx. Stay away! 🤣

4 hours ago, faraway saint said:

WTF? 

Think we'll leave it here as you, clearly, don't know what you're talking about. 

Can you make that assertion already?   

Let’s see how Arbroath’s season pans out. If they’re as good as you claim they’ll be playing us regularly soon enough then we can assess them on a level playing field.

I hope the regular football isn’t because we go down.

Just now, Hunterian said:

Can you make that assertion already?   

Let’s see how Arbroath’s season pans out. If they’re as good as you claim they’ll be playing us regularly soon enough then we can assess them on a level playing field.

I hope the regular football isn’t because we go down.

You're all over the place.

Where, exactly, did I say how good Arbroath are?

Maybe if you try to follow the posts you're replying to it might make more sense. :byebye

14 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You're all over the place.

Where, exactly, did I say how good Arbroath are?

Maybe if you try to follow the posts you're replying to it might make more sense. :byebye

You seemed to take issue with my view on their style of football.  My point really was it’s not good enough for the SPL. If they get promoted then it’ll easily show how good or bad they are.

Simple.

7 minutes ago, Hunterian said:

You seemed to take issue with my view on their style of football.  My point really was it’s not good enough for the SPL. If they get promoted then it’ll easily show how good or bad they are.

Simple.

You started by referring to Arbroath as a pub team. 

I pointed out that finishing easily 2nd in a fairly difficult league was hardly pub team standard.

This pub team arrived in Paisley yesterday and while I only seen the 2nd half they probably deserved a draw, managed a win, where does that leave St Mirren?

You then came up with a preposterous statement they were leg breakers when you have seen them TWICE on TV.

You also inferred a couple of things that were so off topic I thought you were someone else.

You are perfectly entitled to your opinion, but they are not even close to fact based and, as such, I'll choose to point out that they are nonsense. 

11 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You started by referring to Arbroath as a pub team. 

I pointed out that finishing easily 2nd in a fairly difficult league was hardly pub team standard.

This pub team arrived in Paisley yesterday and while I only seen the 2nd half they probably deserved a draw, managed a win, where does that leave St Mirren?

You then came up with a preposterous statement they were leg breakers when you have seen them TWICE on TV.

You also inferred a couple of things that were so off topic I thought you were someone else.

You are perfectly entitled to your opinion, but they are not even close to fact based and, as such, I'll choose to point out that they are nonsense. 

You’re entitled to say that. I was never off topic.

I assume you’re backing Arbroath to win the League this season.

They beat us once with a late goal, it happens but we’ll judge it all further into the season.

5 minutes ago, Hunterian said:

You’re entitled to say that. I was never off topic.

I assume you’re backing Arbroath to win the League this season.

They beat us once with a late goal, it happens but we’ll judge it all further into the season.

The championship will be won by either Dundee or ICT in my opinion. 

Arbroath do what they do well, are very organised and fitter than many might expect a part-time team to be. 

They certainly piled up a number of fouls in the second half, got one player booked and got away with a penalty. 

A late, late show for their goal but credit to them as they plugged away. 

We had nearly twice the number of shots but came away empty handed.

20 hours ago, elvis said:

Why is it unacceptable we have been losing at home most weeks for years no one at the club seems to fussed about it.

Not sure where that is coming from, but it isn't true. We lost one home game in all competitions between July and February last season to teams outside the top three, so certainly not 'losing at home most weeks'

On that performance on Saturday, it was down there with the worst i've ever seen from St Mirren. It was an important game and we were at home to a part time club with some of their team on holiday. We can't score and we can't keep a clean sheet.

Simply good enough and things need to change and they need to change quickly.

6 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Not sure where that is coming from, but it isn't true. We lost one home game in all competitions between July and February last season to teams outside the top three, so certainly not 'losing at home most weeks'

On that performance on Saturday, it was down there with the worst i've ever seen from St Mirren. It was an important game and we were at home to a part time club with some of their team on holiday. We can't score and we can't keep a clean sheet.

None of the Arbroath team were on holiday, although the manager was.

42 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Ok I should change that to we never won at home most weeks.

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

We only won 3 home league  games all season ,we are crap at home.

I am surprised at the support that actually turn up! 

2 home games played ,2 games lost already, what kind of incentive  is that to buy a season ticket?