St Mirren V Arbroath, Sat 9th July

1 minute ago, Rascal said:

We played the second half with 6/7 academy players having drawn the first half one each. They brought on their top 11 for the second half. Our young lads will have learned a lot. For some it let them get their feet back on the ground after being widely touted in the press. For others it built their confidence and I for one enjoyed seeing them. The result was irrelevant - lost two scrappy goals and a penalty that could have been avoided and I hope that we overall learned from that going into competitive games. 

True! Good point.

Does anyone have any idea what Arbroath's squad's like this year? Have they strengthened, retained what they had or lost a lot of players? If they play half as well as they did last season we're in for a tough game.

My prediction:

2-1 Saints (Grieve & Ayunga)

Crowd: 1,700

As far as I can tell, due to plenty of people being away on holiday, there's not going to be anywhere near the numbers traveling as there was when Arbroath played Kilmarnock towards the end of the season.

As for players, still can't accurately say if the whole squad is available. 

I would be surprised that Dick Campbell would be happy if key players were still on holiday. :lol:

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

As far as I can tell, due to plenty of people being away on holiday, there's not going to be anywhere near the numbers traveling as there was when Arbroath played Kilmarnock towards the end of the season.

There won’t be as many travelling to a Group game in the League Cup as went to a potential League winning match v Killie?

You do surprise me 🙄

Still without the prolific Main/Brophy

We really should address this as opposed to hoping these guys can string 5 games together between them

I’d certainly give a couple of youngsters a game early doors this season as we already know what the above 2 have/don’t have to offer

Saints 3-1 Arbroath

Just now, faraway saint said:

Better watch out, Arbroath are a decent second half team. 

That's when Campbell usually moves to the sideline. 

He’s been on the sideline the whole 1st half, I’m right behind him.

Rab Douglas is a handsome devil.