Cowdenbeath v St Mirren League Cup 16 July 2022

Rascal

I'd expect our under 23's team to win this game. Cowdenbeath finished bottom of League 2 last year and got rinsed 4-0 on aggregate by Bonnyrigg in the playoff, and it seems like they've lost alot of their best players since. Airdrie beat them 3-0 on Saturday and we should be doing at least the same. With that in mind, i hope Robinson rings the changes from Saturday and gets some of the youngsters on from the start. He's been vocal about giving youth a chance, this is the game to do it:

Urminsky

Strain-Shaughnessy-Dunne-Tanser

Reid-Erhahon

Henderson-Kiltie-Offord

Jamieson

0-6

Edited by TopCat

33 minutes ago, TopCat said:

I'd expect our under 23's team to win this game. Cowdenbeath finished bottom of League 2 last year and got rinsed 4-0 on aggregate by Bonnyrigg in the playoff, and it seems like they've lost alot of their best players since. Airdrie beat them 3-0 on Saturday and we should be doing at least the same. With that in mind, i hope Robinson rings the changes from Saturday and gets some of the youngsters on from the start. He's been vocal about giving youth a chance, this is the game to do it:

Urminsky

Strain-Shaughnessy-Dunne-Tanser

Reid-Erhahon

Henderson-Kiltie-Offord

Jamieson

0-6

I assume that the 2 we have on loan to Cowdenbeath will not be allowed to play against us.  They both started against Airdrie so that should, in theory, make them even weaker.  So a scrappy 1-0 win for Saints it is then. :whistle

23 minutes ago, Slarti said:

I assume that the 2 we have on loan to Cowdenbeath will not be allowed to play against us.  They both started against Airdrie so that should, in theory, make them even weaker.  So a scrappy 1-0 win for Saints it is then. :whistle

What does it matter ?  When have you ever known a player on loan at a club scoring against his parent club ?  🤔

Get real 😏

1 hour ago, Balmullo Bud said:

Arbroath absolutely cruising it against the Blue Brazil tonight. Can’t see Arbroath slipping up in their other two games. Best we can hope for is 3 decent wins and grabbing one of the 3 best runner up spots. 

Agree that 3 wins are needed with comfortable winning margins. Matches against Airdrie might be key.

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

According to all reports, including a mysterious neutral, Arbroath should have scored about 10 last night.

We really should looking to hammer this lot, a win is, surely, certain, scoring half a dozen is also in with a shout.

But a draw would have been a fair result .

Yeah i'd say a 3-0 win is a par score here, but we really should be winning by more. I can't see Arbroath not getting at least four points from their games against Edinburgh City and Airdrie, and if they do we can no longer win the group. To get through we will surely need nine points and a best runner up slot. With that in mind, goal difference may be important as there is likely to be a few second placed teams with 9 points.

This game is the ideal chance to run up a score and get the goal difference that may be needed. By all accounts Cowdenbeath are expected to struggle in the lowland league next season. 

10 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I think we will win .

We should win

I hope we win

But what if we don’t ? 😬🙄

It is St.Mirren we are talking about here .😬

My word.. the thought is enough. Panic not, we will win this game and it is surely just a question of by how much.

The Airdire and Edinburgh City games i am not so confident about..

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

According to all reports, including a mysterious neutral, Arbroath should have scored about 10 last night.

We really should looking to hammer this lot, a win is, surely, certain, scoring half a dozen is also in with a shout.

Is that the same mysterious neutral who has a friend that thinks we have more than one game against Airdrie ?  Or maybe he means ours and Arbroath’s games involving Airdrie.

Edited by 3 moffat buds

Their last six results:

Cowdenbeath 0-1 v Albion Rovers

Bonnyrigg Rose 3-0 Cowdenbeath

Cowdenbeath 0-1 Bonnyrigg Rose

East Fife 3-0 Cowdenbeath (friendly)

Cowdenbeath 0-3 Airdrie

Arbroath 3-0 Cowdenbeath

Six games against fellow part time teams, zero goals scored, 14 conceded 😄

We will win this game...

4 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Their last six results: