Cowdenbeath v St Mirren League Cup 16 July 2022

Rascal

10 minutes ago, exiledfan said:

Remember how poor Ross County started. We have a new team that need time. This is an ok result and we should still qualify. 

We have absolutely no çhance of getting out this group we needed a big win today but all we got was the usual dross.

What a waste of a Saturday. To say it was boring is the understandment of the year. One shot on target in 2nd half against a lowland league team. Urminsky, O,Hara and Ethan apart the rest were pretty poor. Young offord done well, but him and Grieve playing in wide positions is a total waste. Robinson is clueless. Get rid now before it's to late.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Hunterian said:

Wilbur, no they were Livvy by this point but had yet to move. Leishman was the Manager.  A 2-0 defeat. 

👍

Ok, I'm happy to bow to your sharper memory. Certainly a  2-0 scoreline is my recollection, a midweek fixture in the mid-1990s I'm sure.

1 hour ago, exiledfan said:

Remember how poor Ross County started. We have a new team that need time. This is an ok result and we should still qualify. 

An OK result? 

No it isn't. 

Look at Cowdenbeaths recent record, honking doesn't cover it.

As for qualification,  as I've not looked at the other groups I can't comment, I'll assume you've studied the current situation? 

1 hour ago, santaponsasaint said:

What a waste of a Saturday. To say it was boring is the understandment of the year. One shot on target in 2nd half against a lowland league team. Urminsky, O,Hara and Ethan apart the rest were pretty poor. Young offord done well, but him and Grieve playing in wide positions is a total waste. Robinson is clueless. Get rid now before it's to late.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

4 3 3 is rubbish ,leaves midfield struggling 

Despite the manager's comments about giving as many players as possible 'minutes' on the pitch and the fact that we have Brophy, Main and Baccus to come into the side, I was not impressed by the performance. Having lost the first group game, it is very clear that we need not just to win every group game, but also to score as heavily as possible to maximise our chances of progressing.

SR's post-match comments seemed to suggest that he was happy with the day's work. However, we should be beating Cowdenbeath by a good few more goals, even with some youngsters in our team. I echo comments above about the lack of creativity and the dodgy partnership of Shaughnessy and Dunne in central defence. Gallagher was on the bench, but surely he should have been on the pitch in an effort to cement his partnership with Shaughnessy before the league games begin. 

8 minutes ago, Hunterian said:

Just the same as forums with certain individuals laughing at their own wit and genius.

Oh no, I'm laughing at you. 

A 0-2 win against Cowdenbeath, one of the worst teams in Scotland and you're happy. 

The other two teams in our group scored 3 against them.

Ach, if you're happy that's fine,  if the rest if the teams in our league are the same standard as Cowdenbeath we'll be in with a shout of Champions League football.  

Edited by faraway saint

I am not in this win camp either..  2 nil up early and then couple of shots after shows total lack of hunger and respect to tourne and fans...its not about Cowdenbeath its about laying markers...  have to say including Hibs no prem side looks any good so far and be usual  2 for title 1 and 9 fodder split...Hearts being 1 nailed on for 3rd...product appalling... 

11 hours ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

I only heard the result, but surely this confirms the dreadful mistake of appointing Robinson as manager. He must be dismissed asap regardless of any economic consequences. Whoever gave him the job ought to be ashamed. 

Should have appointed Dick Campbell...his team can cruise even when he is on one

9 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Oh no, I'm laughing at you. 

A 0-2 win against Cowdenbeath, one of the worst teams in Scotland and you're happy. 

The other two teams in our group scored 3 against them.

Ach, if you're happy that's fine,  if the rest if the teams in our league are the same standard as Cowdenbeath we'll be in with a shout of Champions League football.  

You’re now telling me which results I should be pleased with.

Supporting the beloved buddies has always been a mixed bag.

Are we so brilliant that we can take for granted a 2-0 victory against the Blue Brazil having already lost to Arbroath?

Sure, it could have been more but there you go.

23 minutes ago, Hunterian said:

You’re now telling me which results I should be pleased with.

Supporting the beloved buddies has always been a mixed bag.

Are we so brilliant that we can take for granted a 2-0 victory against the Blue Brazil having already lost to Arbroath?

Sure, it could have been more but there you go.

It's OK, you sound like you're about 11, children are usually unable to see the bigger picture.

I'll leave it at this, you must have Lego to play with. 

28 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

It's OK, you sound like you're about 11, children are usually unable to see the bigger picture.

I'll leave it at this, you must have Lego to play with. 

No need for that.

I’d suggest that having assessed the bigger picture I concluded that a win was much preferable to the alternative.