Airdrie United (2002) v St Mirren League Cup 19/7/22

shull

12 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

They are trying to make everything cashless. Apparently it all part of the big reset. 

Would somebody tell the Court Bar that, please! :)

Actually I do genuinely believe 'they' are trying to make things cashless:

1) It would mean all transactions would be recorded and would end 'cash in hand' jobs and tax avoidance....well, unless you're a billionaire or a major corporation, of course. For this reason all your transactions will be monitored.

2) It would mean that if you did something wrong your means of buying and selling could be frozen by the government.

3) It is cleaner.

Whilst I'm totally off topic, I might as well add that I am away down south for this one, and will miss it. :( 

Airdrie United were not formed in 2002, they purchased Clydebank's licence from the SFL so, if anything, they were founded in 1965.
Not really much point in the 2002 bit anyway as there has only been one Airdrie United. Now, if he had put "Airdrieonians 2013", he might have had a point.

1 hour ago, elvis said:

Funny how they managed ok for Falkirk game last night.

And they're covering....

Killie v Partick Thistle tonight

Bonnyrigg Rose v Hibs at the weekend.

Legia Warsaw v Celtic next Wednesday 

From St Mirren SLO

Information received on the Airdrie fixture from our Safety officer, thanks Mark 

Hi all,

Please take note of the following for the Airdrie Fixture:

Our supporters will be housed inside the East Stand.

Our support will have our own stewards looking after them. Searching will be maintained.

St Mirren supporters can park in the South car park, this is a £2 charge.

No match day programmes will be available.

A drum that fits through the turnstiles will be permitted, along with standard size banners approx 2 x 1m in size.

There are traffic lights and road works on Carlisle Road, this should not bother the majority of our supporters.

Kind regards 
Mark

First game of the season for me.

Hopefully be better than our previous two performances.

Will Brophy and Main will be involved at some point?

On the plus side, if it's more of the same, the home game v Ross County will be the next one that I can attend.

The delay with Baccus is unfortunate, as it would appear that we need a ball winner in our midfield.

1 hour ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Airdrie are in free fall since the end of the season, Murray gone as manager, centre half standing in for him. Lots of players gone and no new signings of note. I expect Saints to win comfortably 4-0 

For the reasons you state, I also feel that this is one we can win by a few goals. Not losing any would also be good.

1 hour ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Airdrie are in free fall since the end of the season, Murray gone as manager, centre half standing in for him. Lots of players gone and no new signings of note. I expect Saints to win comfortably 4-0 

Not so sure about 4-0, they took 3 off Cowdenbeath, although that's no big deal. :wink:

2 minutes ago, Clydebanksaint said:

Doubt there will be a stream their on tv channel hasn’t advertised it as yet. Ive not been able to attend either cup game yet and been no streams on iptv to watch. 

The stream for the Cowdenbeath game was only advertised on the Friday before the game.

Airdrie also appear to have shown the Edinburgh city game on their TV platform, so we might see one for our game yet.

I suppose it's a sign of where we are, that on the eve of a game against a depleted part time league 1 team with a 29 year old player-manager, I'm not at all confident we are going to win. I mean we should win, and we probably will, but i won't be the least bit surprised if we don't. 

It goes without saying that anything that is not three points all but puts out the cup, and would really put a big cherry on top of Robinson's poor start as St Mirren manager. There is a slim chance we could go through with eight points if we drew, won the penalty shout out and then beat Edinburgh. But it's unlikely, especially with our poor goal difference. It's a big game for the club, need to get the best available on the pitch and go all out for a much needed win:

Urminsky

Strain-Shaughnessy-Dunne-Tanser

Erhahon-O'Hara

Henderson-Kiltie-Grieve

Ayunga

1-1

(St Mirren to win 3-2 on pens)

10 minutes ago, TopCat said:

I suppose it's a sign of where we are, that on the eve of a game against a depleted part time league 1 team with a 29 year old player-manager, I'm not at all confident we are going to win. I mean we should win, and we probably will, but i won't be the least bit surprised if we don't. 

I do love it when you cover all bases. :lol:

22 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

🤣

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

It goes without saying that anything that is not three points all but puts out the cup, and would really put a big cherry on top of Robinson's poor start as St Mirren manager. There is a slim chance we could go through with eight points if we drew, won the penalty shout out and then beat Edinburgh. But it's unlikely, especially with our poor goal difference. It's a big game for the club, need to get the best available on the pitch and go all out for a much needed win:

Urminsky

Strain-Shaughnessy-Dunne-Tanser

Erhahon-O'Hara

Henderson-Kiltie-Grieve

Ayunga

1-1

(St Mirren to win 3-2 on pens)

I would play Dylan Reid behind O'Hara and Erhahon and play Kiltie just in behind Grieve and Ayunga. 4-1-2-1-2.