Airdrie United (2002) v St Mirren League Cup 19/7/22

shull

6 minutes ago, TopCat said:

image.png.e8cdf445cf735923b3f8ab6e19cb6e06.png

Ten games, one defeat - at Ibrox. Wins over Aberdeen, Hibs, Dundee United and St Johnstone. Draws with Celtic, Hibs (which was cut out the top of the screenshot) and Motherwell (which we should have won). Routine victories over potentially tricky lower league opponents in the cup, six goals and for two against. I believe Shaughnessy and Dunne started all of them.

What runs in the top flight do you think were better than this in the last 30 years?

One defeat ? You sure ? 🤔

5 minutes ago, TopCat said:

image.png.e8cdf445cf735923b3f8ab6e19cb6e06.png

Ten games, one defeat - at Ibrox. Wins over Aberdeen, Hibs, Dundee United and St Johnstone. Draws with Celtic, Hibs (which was cut out the top of the screenshot) and Motherwell (which we should have won). Routine victories over potentially tricky lower league opponents in the cup, six goals and for two against. I believe Shaughnessy and Dunne started all of them.

What runs in the top flight do you think were better than this in the last 30 years?

There are many adjectives to describe last season's performances. None come anywhere close to being "magnificent".

That run incurred a huge amount of luck and it certainly wasn't due to "magnificent" team performances.

1 minute ago, TopCat said:

Yes. I am obviously not counting the Hearts game that Robinson was in charge for at the bottom, and i am counting the Hibs draw that's not in the screen shot. 

😂😂😂😂. So you’re not counting one of the games you posted ?  Aye Very good  . 😂😂😂😂.    

btw, I’ve just noticed that you actually edited that post and still managed to make a James Hunt of it 😂😂

4 minutes ago, FTOF said:

There are many adjectives to describe last season's performances. None come anywhere close to being "magnificent".

That run incurred a huge amount of luck and it certainly wasn't due to "magnificent" team performances.

😆 Nice avoiding of the question tbf. What luck was in that run incidentally? There was luck that went against us of course, been forced to play Celtic with half the team out with COVID was an outrageously bad piece of luck, still got a result though. Tait not putting his foot through the ball against Motherwell stopped us winning that game. 

We were sitting sixth in the table at the end of that run. The desperation from sections of our fan base to try and talk down what was a generational high league position at that stage of the season as some kind of lucky break is quite something. 

4 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

😂😂😂😂. So you’re not counting one of the games you posted ?  Aye Very good  . 😂😂😂😂.    

btw, I’ve just noticed that you actually edited that post and still managed to make a James Hunt of it 😂😂

I don't understand what you don't understand 😆

Read the post back, and get back to me. It's quite clear and everything in it is correct. 

12 minutes ago, TopCat said:

I don't understand what you don't understand 😆

Read the post back, and get back to me. It's quite clear and everything in it is correct. 

Ah right , another quick edit 😂😂😂😂

For future reference,  could you please provide a guide to the criteria for which games count and which don’t . 

16 minutes ago, TopCat said:

😆 Nice avoiding of the question tbf. What luck was in that run incidentally? There was luck that went against us of course, been forced to play Celtic with half the team out with COVID was an outrageously bad piece of luck, still got a result though. Tait not putting his foot through the ball against Motherwell stopped us winning that game. 

We were sitting sixth in the table at the end of that run. The desperation from sections of our fan base to try and talk down what was a generational high league position at that stage of the season as some kind of lucky break is quite something. 

I have no requirement to answer your "whataboutery" diversion question. But nice try.

I laughed at your ridiculous assertion that we had a "magnificent" spell last season.

Nothing about us last season was "magnificent".

This magnificent run cannot compare to our league winning season in the championship where saints went on an unbeaten run of 23 games.

This of course discounts the 5 drawn games and 8 losses we suffered during the season which cannot be counted - coz I don’t want to count them .

😎👍

eta , I can provide a screenshot to prove my point . 

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

28 minutes ago, TopCat said:

AGAIN, selctive stats.

What every team is measured against is ALL the games they played, aye, even ALL the ones that only Goodwin was in charge.

You disappeared when we were on a not so magnificent run.

As for this 6th place, this means nothing as we had to play all the big teams just after Goodwin jumped ship, where he went on another not so magnificent run.