Airdrie United (2002) v St Mirren League Cup 19/7/22

shull

7 minutes ago, southsidebud said:

Really disjointed performance - no excitement or expectation building when we get the ball - fully expect it to fizzle out and it always does.

I hate to say I agree that there is a Stubbs vibe here - doubly worse as I had high hopes when he was appointed - thought he might even be an upgrade on JG 🤣

I didn't would never have been my choice... just never ever felt he was the right fit for us..   Just a feeling I had 

3 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

Erhahon put himself about, but apart from that not one of them got even close to pass marks. Shocking performance, even allowing for the sending off. O'Hara isn't captain material, Dunne is a bombscare, Tanser's crossing was worse than bad, and Brophy???? Where do I start. He's still a greedy bastard and hopeless with it.

!00% this We certainly can pick them 

I struggle to see what the plan is here. Slow lethargic uninterested players going through the motions in a competitive match . We have been beaten by Arbroath and Airdrie and in both games we have shown nothing at all. Following a dreadful second half to last season I’d have imagined our manager would want a fast start full of positivity that would get people on side. I see a team bereft of quality and general hunger at present. It really is awful and ok it might essentially be pre season but it’s pre season for all and it’s a cup we have fond memories of. The first few league games now are of increased significance as with a relatively favourable opening few games we will need to pick up points or else I see a manager under major pressure . If someone can tell me what he is doing please let me know. I have to say I’m not having that tonight 

1 minute ago, turrabuddie said:

Was going to buy a season ticket for the first time this season - dodged a bullet there.

i will be at Pittodrie form our second league match - it’s a family gathering and they’re all Dons supporter. The deal is loser pays for dinner…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Better start saving up. :lol:

If we got someone in who could revert back to the formation we used to play - and sought out a Ronan/McGrath type, we could be ok. 

but we need to have the balls to just cut ties. The guy is an imposter. He’s taken everything no bad about us and made it a shit show. Now going into season heads will be down and defeated. What an utter failure and worse. He doesn’t know when to admit he’s wrong and play the best way for the team and not his one and only way! 

im baffled at the whole thing. I can’t understand how someone can consistently get every decision wrong…

2 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

I struggle to see what the plan is here. Slow lethargic uninterested players going through the motions in a competitive match . We have been beaten by Arbroath and Airdrie and in both games we have shown nothing at all. Following a dreadful second half to last season I’d have imagined our manager would want a fast start full of positivity that would get people on side. I see a team bereft of quality and general hunger at present. It really is awful and ok it might essentially be pre season but it’s pre season for all and it’s a cup we have fond memories of. The first few league games now are of increased significance as with a relatively favourable opening few games we will need to pick up points or else I see a manager under major pressure . If someone can tell me what he is doing please let me know. I have to say I’m not having that tonight 

Not often I agree with you, but you're 100% correct.

2 minutes ago, the barrhead teacher said:

Still too early to compare to Stubbs. We have had a few shite league cup group stage performances over the years. Anyway no way Robinson will be quickly moved on given how much has been invested in this new project. Let’s see what the first few league games bring. Very disappointing though

if we are bottom by the end of the 1st quarter he will be bagged.

2 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

This must have been the worst performance by a Saints team in living memory - no matter what age you are.

I normally roll my eyes at comments like this as hyperbole, but I’m honestly struggling to think of a worse performance than that ever and I’ve been supporting Saints since 1976 so I’ve seen some garbage in my time. 

I can’t think of a performance that was more complete in its shiteness. No quality, no spark, no creativity, no effort, no desire, no respect for the paying public and perhaps most importantly of all, no hope. 

2 minutes ago, the barrhead teacher said:

Still too early to compare to Stubbs. We have had a few shite league cup group stage performances over the years. Anyway no way Robinson will be quickly moved on given how much has been invested in this new project. Let’s see what the first few league games bring. Very disappointing though

Good sense in a sea of pessimism. As sure as our start to the season is humdrum the boo boys are out in force.

’Fans’.

1 minute ago, Hunterian said:

Good sense in a sea of pessimism. As sure as our start to the season is humdrum the boo boys are out in force.

’Fans’.

You were slevering about a 2-0 win against Cowdenbeath.

It was suggested to look at the bigger picture, but it looks like you're more a Stevie Wonder "fan". 

Might be time to try another sport?