Airdrie United (2002) v St Mirren League Cup 19/7/22

shull

49 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I normally roll my eyes at comments like this as hyperbole, but I’m honestly struggling to think of a worse performance than that ever and I’ve been supporting Saints since 1976 so I’ve seen some garbage in my time. 

I can’t think of a performance that was more complete in its shiteness. No quality, no spark, no creativity, no effort, no desire, no respect for the paying public and perhaps most importantly of all, no hope. 

Nailed it

We have missed Power and Gogic in the midfield so far this season - although Erhahon has performed well and O'Hara hasn't been a failure.

Even the likes of Arbroath and Airdrie can dominate us in midfield. We sadly lack a ball winner (amongst a few other things).

Hopefully Baucus will improve things in that department when eventually bedded in.

And there is also the return of the revitalised Curtis Main to look forward to.

However, the biggest concern at the moment is the paucity of our defence which was previously our strength under JG.

I will leave it to others (even Elvis) to come up with plus points.

4 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

We have missed Power and Gogic in the midfield so far this season - although Erhahon has performed well and O'Hara hasn't been a failure.

Even the likes of Arbroath and Airdrie can dominate us in midfield. We sadly lack a ball winner (amongst a few other things).

Hopefully Baucus will improve things in that department when eventually bedded in.

However, the biggest concern at the moment is the paucity of our defence which was previously our strength under JG.

Early days.

7 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

We lack footballers full stop .

7 minutes ago, the barrhead teacher said:

I haven’t seen any of the games so far this ‘pre season’. Accept some of the comments on here from those who have witnessed them that if we have been as bad as suggested he needs to review his approach quickly. Still not convinced the board will be too quick to pull trigger if things continue poorly

I was the same till I caught the 2nd half in this game.. 

No exaggeration but this 2nd half was as bad as I've seen a Saints team play... and I saw most of the Stubbs games.. If we perform like that against Motherwell were in big big trouble and so is he..

Alan Stubbs got us out of the League Cup group.

We won our first league game of the season

He was sacked 3 games later after 3 defeats - 2 of those defeats were away to Sevco and Hearts - expected.

Stubbs was basically sacked on the back of losing 2-0 at home to Livingston who were viewed as relegation fodder at the time but who finished 9th and were well clear of relegation trouble.

We’ve had a string of terrible results under Robinson since he arrived 

He has to ditch  the 433 ! Its a disaster and the players can see that ,
This for sure. The whole shape is a nonsense and an average top league team will rip us apart. Three narrow in midfield with a flat back four and the only width being provided by playing two of the three up top wide is an abomination. No attempt to play through midfield with aimless balls wide to guys who would rather be in the box and are not wingers looking for an isolated striker in the hope he can hold it up and lay ut off to a late arriving O'hara or Kiltie seems to be it. If one of said Kiltie or O'hara do break forward it leaves us wide open with Erharon basically it in midfield. It's very basic and it will simply be destroyed by any team playing a 4 in midfield or wing backs.

He has a simple choice, he needs to change formation or he will be out by September.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Not long back. Was hoping by the time we got home he'd resigned Absolutely horrendous. No effort. No ability. Grieve, Ethan and Delan Gallagher must be wondering why there doing all the work. Cos the rest are lazy bastards. Robinson had the cheek to come over to us and point at himself to say its my fault WE KNOW ITS YOUR f**kING FAULT. Does he think its the first game the fans have ever attended. Most his signings are poor. When Ayunga jumps you could get the PDX under him. Olesanya hit shot that went backwards. Couldn't believe it. Ryan Strain. Jury is still out. Declan Gallagher looks good. But I think he's wondering what has he got into. Urminsky can't be blamed as there was so much dross in front of him. As for Shaughnessy. Dont think anybody who was at the game knows. It's a Alan Stubbs type situation. Grow a pair balls and get rid. We clueless is probably gonna plough on with his 4.3.3 and it clearly doesn't work. Cos there's not enough bodies in midfield. SMISA members meeting should be interesting Thursday night. Utter Dross.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

Its totally clear Robinson will be robbing us of our premier league status.... utterly pathetic in tactics moral and looks like recruitment... in a league against part timers lower league and dross we might finish above BB... thats about the standard i see from the team... sack him...get in someone who has a clue before its way too late... Dick Campbell ....mind u Alistair Campbell or a can of soup could do better than this muppet