Airdrie United (2002) v St Mirren League Cup 19/7/22

shull

11 hours ago, Slarti said:

You might have had a point if it wasn't for the fact that neither of them were 4-3-3.

They were indeed

Money - Wilson, Cooper, Winnie, D Hamilton - B Hamilton, Abercromby, Lambert - McGarvey, McDowall, Ferguson 

Samson - Van Zanten, McAusland, Goodwin, Dummett - McGinn, Newton, McGowan - Teale, Thompson, Goncalves

We started 2013 with McGowan in a number 10 but we switched back into a 3 man midfield after Hearts took the lead. Lennon said that he he felt Hearts were overrunning us in midfield. It’s ironic that folk now want to switch back to that formation because they say we’ll be overrun in midfield 

Don’t question me again 

Edited by Sue Denim

They were indeed
Money - Wilson, Cooper, Winnie, D Hamilton - B Hamilton, Abercromby, Lambert - McGarvey, McDowall, Ferguson 
Samson - Van Zanten, McAusland, Goodwin, Dummett - McGinn, Newton, McGowan - Teale, Thompson, Goncalves
We started 2013 with McGowan in a number 10 but we switched back into a 3 man midfield after Hearts took the lead. Lennon said that he he felt Hearts were overrunning us in midfield. It’s ironic that folk now want to switch back to that formation because they say we’ll be overrun in midfield 
Don’t question me again 
Yeah, Teale and Ferguson were midfielders, so thanks for proving my point.

1 hour ago, Sue Denim said:

They were indeed

Don’t question me again 

I thought it was 4-4-2 in 1987 and 4-2-3-1 in 2013?

1 hour ago, Slarti said:
2 hours ago, Sue Denim said:
They were indeed
Don’t question me again 

Yeah, Teale and Ferguson were midfielders, so thanks for proving my point.

Ferguson and Teale were forwards in those games. Look at goals scored.

Its like classifying Salah and Mane as midfielders (as the Telegraph does)

1 hour ago, Hendo said:

I thought it was 4-4-2 in 1987 and 4-2-3-1 in 2013?

Okay, I grant your knowledge and expertise on this subject

bit I still disagree! 

So, specify your 4-4-2 and4-2-3-1 in those games

and remember, I stated that McGowan started as a 10 then fell back into a 433

note- while I defer to your knowledge, I know that @Slartiis clueless 🤪

Edited by Sue Denim

Ferguson and Teale were forwards in those games. Look at goals scored.
Its like classifying Salah and Mane as midfielders (as the Telegraph does)

No, they weren't.

Aye, cos goals scored determines what position you played in. Gordon McQueen was a more prolific goalscorer than a lot of our recent forwards so, remind me, what position did he play?