Executive Boxes

Ok , am I looking at these plans and reading them correctly ? if not, please correct me.  

There doesn’t appear to be toilet facilities in the drawing or mentioned in the description ( again , i may have missed it) Also, as EAB has commented,  no heating ?  Really ?

Lastly , if they’re going to have these in place for the start of the season, they’re gonna have to get a wiggle on 😂

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

12 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Ok , am I looking at these plans and reading them correctly ? if not, please correct me.  

There doesn’t appear to be toilet facilities in the drawing or mentioned in the description ( again , i may have missed it) Also, as EAB has commented,  no heating ?  Really ?  Lastly , 

There is mention of vapour barrier on w/c side of partition.  Maybe that means something else ??  Also see that electrical installation has to comply with 16th edition, we are now onto 18th edition I think.

20 minutes ago, Langbank said:

There is mention of vapour barrier on w/c side of partition.  Maybe that means something else ??  Also see that electrical installation has to comply with 16th edition, we are now onto 18th edition I think.

I suppose we will have to wait n see.   Have to say , if punters have to traipse through to the family stand and back for a pee in the winter weather it’s not exactly executive . If that’s the case .

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Lastly , if they’re going to have these in place for the start of the season, they’re gonna have to get a wiggle on 😂

I believe the intention is to have them ready for season 2023/24.

30 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Obviously a mistake on the press release and website , says “ahead of the 2022-23 season” on there 🙄

Nah. I reckon the timescales will still be for next season based on press release. It seems like they have missed the boat for this season and these dates on the application were probably the original intention if that makes sense.

13 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I’m quite sure the box will be totally fitted out off site before being dropped into position and hooked up/plumbed in to electricity/water Shouldn’t take long to do that

On 7/21/2022 at 8:48 AM, SuperSaints1877 said:

Nah. I reckon the timescales will still be for next season based on press release. It seems like they have missed the boat for this season and these dates on the application were probably the original intention if that makes sense.

They applied  for planning  permission  15th July 

On 7/21/2022 at 8:10 AM, Sonny said:

I would think that unheated refers to no central heating (gas or oil). Doesn't rule out portable electrical heating.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Think you are right in that.  If they declare them as heated then the base needs to be built to a very high standard. 

in any event they will be hard to heat.  In that structure the temperature fluctuates wildly in the winter from Baltic to balmy 

1 minute ago, beyond our ken said:

Think you are right in that.  If they declare them as heated then the base needs to be built to a very high standard. 

in any event they will be hard to heat.  In that structure the temperature fluctuates wildly in the winter from Baltic to balmy 

Not sure about that, if well insulated they would heat up pretty quickly and, as it's not a massive area will stay ok  for the time they are used.

Suppose constant opening the door could let the heat out.

Maybe a duffle coat will be supplied, just in case? 

• 5 months later...

"Unfortunately, the detailed costings for the planned approach came in at almost double that first indicated. As such the Club Board has reluctantly decided to shelve the plans for now and investigate alternative options"

For such a simple build, a doubling of the price seems incredible.  It's probably best to disengage with the contractor and forget this proposal completely.

19 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

"Unfortunately, the detailed costings for the planned approach came in at almost double that first indicated. As such the Club Board has reluctantly decided to shelve the plans for now and investigate alternative options"

For such a simple build, a doubling of the price seems incredible.  It's probably best to disengage with the contractor and forget this proposal completely.

Or get someone in the club who is commercially astute and can understand actual deployment costs before selling these facilities to companies.

Highly unprofessional. 

1 hour ago, beyond our ken said: