St Mirren v Motherwell, Sunday 31st July 2023

W6er

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

It's ok, my church has a massive colour TV, can watch it while I belt out the classics. :lol:

Church, more like your shed, you show reruns of Songs of Praise and pretend it's karaoke cause the words appear on the screen 😁

4 minutes ago, chalky1 said:

Church, more like your shed, you show reruns of Songs of Praise and pretend it's karaoke cause the words appear on the screen 😁

How do you know all that detail?

Are you the weirdo that's been spotted hanging around?

May God have mercy on your soul. 🤪

Reported. 🤣

Edited by faraway saint

2 hours ago, Scott-Leeds said:

Why are we starting match threads for 2023 ? emoji15.png Plenty of fixtures in 2022 first.

Fair point. :lol: It's 2022/23.  I was either tired or drunk when I typed that. @div?

I can be a fud, and I admit it freely. :lol:

Nothing really positive for us to discuss as we approach the season opener in the league

There is no set system or style for us to judge and it’s scrappy at best

Hoping for Main/Brophy to return, stay injury free and do something they rarely do ( score ) seems quite a gamble

Obviously Ayunga score 4 in 4 in League Cup and top flight defences will be a different proposition

I don’t know what to expect to be honest

I hope they surprise us and get off to a flyer, just hard to see it happening

Saints 1-1 Motherwell

1 hour ago, guinness said:

What on earth is wrong with Brophy now? The  manager stated he would start today but not even on the bench. Seems to be permanently injured.

I did wonder too. Especially after this: https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/in-your-area/renfrewshire/baccus-business-todays-st-mirren-27559279

The good news is that we have a player scoring goals. Some of the new boys look good and look like they will improve further as they get fitter and adapt.

Edited by Rascal

Going into this game seems very hit or miss.

Overall a very poor league cup campaign, despite the excitement beating a team a couple of leagues below us yesterday.  

As the standard of Scottish football, the OF and Hearts apart, is dire I won't be touching this on my coupon.

At this point the bookies have us as very slight favourites, although Bet 365 still have this game on the Saturday, make of that what you will. o

image.thumb.png.616226237c2543300257b2e814fecccf.png

Edited by faraway saint

Going into this one with a wee bit more confidence In what we can offer from midfield, hopefully Ayunga can prove he’s capable of scoring against better defences but I have worries that our defence are not working as a unit yet . 

Lots of unanswered questions.

Can Shaughnessy & Gallagher form a solid partnership ?  Where does Dunne fit in ? Will we go 3, 4 or 5 🤷‍♂️?  

Will Shaughnessy & Dunne cut out the pointless 70 yard passes ? ( neither of you are Beckenbaur - stop thinking you are!).  
Hopefully we can pick up three points but just as important is the performance and hopefully signs of progression.

I think Robinson has conceded that he'll need to play 3 at the back to get width in the team, we just don't have the right players for 4-3-3, having said that if he goes anything other than 3 in midfield he may well go back to a 4 in defence. But we can't be light in m9dfield or we'll get overrun.

Edited by StanleySaint