St Mirren v Motherwell, Sunday 31st July 2023

W6er

5 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Going into this one with a wee bit more confidence In what we can offer from midfield, hopefully Ayunga can prove he’s capable of scoring against better defences but I have worries that our defence are not working as a unit yet . 

Lots of unanswered questions.

Can Shaughnessy & Gallagher form a solid partnership ?  Where does Dunne fit in ? Will we go 3, 4 or 5 🤷‍♂️?  

Will Shaughnessy & Dunne cut out the pointless 70 yard passes ? ( neither of you are Beckenbaur - stop thinking you are!).  
Hopefully we can pick up three points but just as important is the performance and hopefully signs of progression.

Seem's to me it's how the manager want's them to play,  keeps saying we need to get the ball forward quicker... going back to the Wimbledon and crazy gang days of Blootering it up the park...  Faraway will like it like watching a game of tennis  :lol:

aussie open 2018 watching GIF by Australian Open

58 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

I think Robinson has conceded that he'll need to play 3 at the back to get width in the team, we just don't have the right players for 4-3-3, having said that if he goes anything other than 3 in midfield he may well go back to a 4 in defence. But we can't be light in m9dfield or we'll get overrun.

We need to be: Hard to beat. Be able to get behind Motherwell defence. Then see what happens. I usually enjoy the games against Motherwell both home and away. COYS

12 minutes ago, st jock said:

Disappointed with our cup showings. However it's a clean slate for me starting Sunday. Scrappy 1.0 win, off Big Joe's arse.

Do you really expect a clean sheet or is this just wishful thinking?

I think it will be Saints? v 2 Motherwell.

2 hours ago, st jock said:

Disappointed with our cup showings. However it's a clean slate for me starting Sunday. Scrappy 1.0 win, off Big Joe's arse.

A fresh start indeed.

Any kind of win will do!

Not losing a goal would be good.

(Thereby keeping a clean slate)

We could do with Well's Euro tie going to extra-time on Thursday, that'll drain their legs a bit for Sunday.

I couldn't even guess at what Robinson's ideal starting XI might be for this one. Dunne being spotted at Pittodrie today may be significant for his inclusion. Has Robinson realised that 3-5-2 offers better balance than 4-3-3 ? LC fixtures would suggest that Jay Henderson doesn't appear likely to feature in his plans. How close to match fitness are Main and/or Brophy ? What about Tanser for Tait ? Kiltie back maybe, but who drops out ? Surely he has to start with Baccus after the FC Edinburgh display. Will he "risk" any of the talented kids in the squad ?

Luckily none of this is my problem as I know F-all about F-all when it comes to football tactics (as my close friends frequently tell me). Let's hope SR knows more than I do.

😁

Just now, StanleySaint said:

Is Kiltie not suspended due to his sending off? In which case the starting midfield is likely to be as it was on Saturday.

I think the suspension is specific to the league cup. So he'll miss our next game in that competition................... next season.

23 minutes ago, elvis said:

Don't think so we have already bought season ticket to get into the game.

The original email had a QRcode and /or a barcode in the attachment. I used that to get into the Northampton friendly as my season ticket. I am sure that will work.

Has your plastic one not arrived in the post yet? Mine came over a week ago.

1 hour ago, ianmac said:

The original email had a QRcode and /or a barcode in the attachment. I used that to get into the Northampton friendly as my season ticket. I am sure that will work.

Has your plastic one not arrived in the post yet? Mine came over a week ago.

Nope there 3 of us still waiting .