St Mirren v Motherwell, Sunday 31st July 2023

W6er

19 hours ago, john scott said:

Tickets on sale at the ticket office til KO Sunday? 

I don't see why now since they been doing it for years.

Also a ticket booth behind the west stand where i get my ticket prior to the game. 

Going against the flow and my own gut feelings, but this might be our year -

IF the players play to their full potential;

IF SR can get the best out of what's available just as we saw a marked improvement in the performance in Curtis Main at the end of last season;

IF we get the rub of the green;

IF we avoid major injury worries;

IF Jay Henderson gets the chance to show his quality on the right wing; and

IF the support get behind the team in large numbers from the start.

31 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

Going against the flow and my own gut feelings, but this might be our year -

IF the players play to their full potential;

IF SR can get the best out of what's available just as we saw a marked improvement in the performance in Curtis Main at the end of last season;

IF we get the rub of the green;

IF we avoid major injury worries;

IF Jay Henderson gets the chance to show his quality on the right wing; and

IF the support get behind the team in large numbers from the start.

IF...........................Fingers crossed. :wink:

@john scott

”The 2022/23 cinch Premiership season gets underway this weekend with St Mirren hosting Motherwell at the SMiSA Stadium on Sunday. 

Season tickets are valid for Sunday's match. 

The turnstiles will open to supporters from 2pm. The St Mirren Ticket Office is open between 11am until just after kick-off.”

41 minutes ago, Rascal said:

The resignation by G Alexander so early in the season comes as a shock. May not do us harm for Sunday.

Think it helps us and to be honest it's a shocker from Well. He took them to Europe and top 6 now one bad result he's out. I suspect that this may shive them to play offs. 

3 minutes ago, exiledfan said:

Think it helps us and to be honest it's a shocker from Well. He took them to Europe and top 6 now one bad result he's out. I suspect that this may shive them to play offs. 

The only reason Motherwell got top 6 was because we shat the bed against them in two key games. 

Once at home where we had battered them and then in injury time Tait had a brain fart in the corner and we dropped two points. Then we played them in a top 6 wannabe clash at Fir Park and totally shit the bed. 

Motherwell achieving European fitba last season was because we totally fcuked up. Their record up until the last few games was shit. We lost hundreds of thousands of ££££££ last season as a result.

10 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

The only reason Motherwell got top 6 was because we shat the bed against them in two key games. 

Once at home where we had battered them and then in injury time Tait had a brain fart in the corner and we dropped two points. Then we played them in a top 6 wannabe clash at Fir Park and totally shit the bed. 

Motherwell achieving European fitba last season was because we totally fcuked up. Their record up until the last few games was shit. We lost hundreds of thousands of ££££££ last season as a result.

I think it came down to a full season rather that two games. :lol:

8 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I think it came down to a full season rather that two games. :lol:

Aye we shat more than one bed. When Goodwin left we had a game in hand that if we had won we would have been top 4. Those two games against Well were pivotal in our season imho. But there were other poor results under both managers. At the end of the day last season was a major failure given how much we spent on players to achieve top 6 Tony’s dream.

1 minute ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Aye we shat more than one bed. When Goodwin left we had a game in hand that if we had won we would have been top 4. Those two games against Well were pivotal in our season imho. But there were other poor results under both managers. At the end of the day last season was a major failure given how much we spent on players to achieve top 6 Tony’s dream.

It's an easy option to focus on a few, or two, games, especially late in the season. 

Early on we drew with relegated Dundee, play off St Johnstone then LOST to Dundee and drew with St Johnstone again.

I see no point in looking at one, two or three fixtures and ignoring decent wins.

That's why the season doesn't tell any lies IMO. 

5 hours ago, renfrew156 said:

cheers graham you have given

us a chance of winning,  1st game

of the season and we are already

looking for favours. 

well can have robinson back we can have paul lambert hows that?

2 minutes ago, renfrew156 said:

robinson being tipped to go back to motherwell

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/stephen-robinson-wanted-sensational-motherwell-27614338

Can we get him fùcked off and get Paul Lambert?

Have you forgotten you'd already posted pretty much the same thing? :lol:

At the end of the day, I just want a team of players to give their all for the jersey on a matchday.

I don’t want the club to incur debts to achieve European football. It’s not a sustainable model. 

I would rather we had a budget for players, staff, club maintenance and academy that was less than our income. I fear that some at the club recently gave overspent to try and reach the so called promised land of European football. 

Yet we have seen clubs like Motherwell and Kilmarnock go out in the first qualifying round to Irish teams with a fraction of our budget. 

I hope those responsible can live with themselves for the position they have put the club in based on recent reports which we won’t know until the accounts are published.

3 minutes ago, renfrew156 said:

robinson being tipped to go back to Motherwell

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/stephen-robinson-wanted-sensational-motherwell-27614338

Would again upset our preparation however if they pay us componsation then thanks and good bye. 

48 minutes ago, exiledfan said:

Would again upset our preparation however if they pay us componsation then thanks and good bye. 

But would he go back?

7 minutes ago, renfrew156 said:

daily record saw my post and concurred

Edited by Rascal

2 hours ago, renfrew156 said:

robinson being tipped to go back to Motherwell

A tried and tested Manager like Paul Lambert?  I like that option even less than Robbo who hasn’t been given a chance in the League for a full season.

I don't think losing the manager necessarily benefits us, it depends on their players and how they react to that, if they liked him and heads go down then great, if they wanted rid then it maybe frees them up, personally I don't think it changes anything and we need to get on with our own game and get stuck in to them.