St Mirren v Motherwell, Sunday 31st July 2023

W6er

11 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

Surprised to find I’m more up for this match than I thought I’d be.
(pre- season blind optimism)

The league cup performances weren’t great and I’m not sure the manager has decided what his best starting 11 is. Or the favoured formation.

However

I think we will play better.
Ayunga looks like he’s capable of scoring a few goals
Bacchus looks a player and Strain can cross a ball

So

putting the managerial sideshow aside

It’s the first league game of the season and, as has been pointed out already, a win could see us top the table.

if we score first we will win

2-0 or 3-1

COYS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. I agree.

Optimism (blind or otherwise) is an essential characteristic for fans (other than Elvis).  I’ve been going along since 1973 and it’s been an up and down ride but the highs have been all the more treasured because of that.  So, scarf ready, driver primed for pick up at 1.20 today and off to the stadium for a pre match steak pie and Diet Coke.

Just another St Mirren home game but I like them. COYS

Edited by Rascal

19 hours ago, spankin_panda said:

Slightly off topic, but decided to watch some of the 3pm kick offs today on the auld dodgy tv stick…. stopped on the county v hearts game, County to their credit looked to have pushed on as a club and look a real attacking threat. Making hearts look pretty poor (maybe they are). 

Hoping SR has identified his best 11 and a formation to boot… we need to start strongly against a poor Motherwell. 

im gonna try stay optimistic…. 

I did the same but watch the Fakes v Hibs game.

Please to say the Fakes are as bad as last year with Hibs not much better. 

Best laugh is when the Fakes bring on McPherson and May to save them, that's when you know there no hope for them  :lol:

5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I did the same but watch the Fakes v Hibs game.

Please to say the Fakes are as bad as last year with Hibs not much better. 

Best laugh is when the Fakes bring on McPherson and May to save them, that's when you know there no hope for them  :lol:

The very small amount of the dire game I seen, yes, the fakes look pretty bad. 

All down to us now today…. Usually I’d make a prediction but I’m honestly not really sure as I can’t fathom the starting 11 or what formation etc as we’ve been a bit all over with this during cup run. 

so, going into this with an open mind and hoping for a strong start. Coys 

Are you in the pub?[emoji38]
If you cannot be optimistic on the first day of the season then when can you be? :)

Prediction changed when I found out Carson, Tanser, Main and Brophy all now available. Gives us more options. Hopefully Carson and Tanser to start.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Sonny said:

If you cannot be optimistic on the first day of the season then when can you be? :)

Prediction changed when I found out Carson, Tanser, Main and Brophy all now available. Gives us more options. Hopefully Carson and Tanser to start.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Have another pint, let's see 8-0. :happyclapper

Our home games against the likes of Motherwell, Livingston, Ross Co, Kilmarnock, St Johnstone, etc, are all about securing 3 points rather than performance. Good performances would be a bonus for the spectators, but getting the points in the bag is key.