St Mirren v Motherwell, Sunday 31st July 2023

W6er

44 minutes ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

Worst Motherwell team I’ve seen, and they still beat us ! Again nothing up front. Grieve could fall over in a gust of wind, the no 7 missed 3 good chances, hopeless. Gallagher and Bacchus looked half decent. The manager should be hunted asap or we are certs for relegation. Find it impossible to enjoy watching saints, and those around me feel likewise. Very poor value for money. 

What a load of pish.

55 minutes ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

Worst Motherwell team I’ve seen, and they still beat us ! Again nothing up front. Grieve could fall over in a gust of wind, the no 7 missed 3 good chances, hopeless. Gallagher and Bacchus looked half decent. The manager should be hunted asap or we are certs for relegation. Find it impossible to enjoy watching saints, and those around me feel likewise. Very poor value for money. 

You not very popular on here Mr WUM...  at least your team beat Livi

Liam Kelly was outstanding and won that game for Motherwell. Thought we were a bit static in first half and could have done better with the few chances we had. Need to see the penalty decision again- looked harsh. Second half l could see a Robinson team developing. Need to improve finishing, need to play Henderson every week, Ayunga is good with ball at feet but terrible timing for high balls, Bacchus and Gallagher impressed and Erhahon was solid. Still extremely Saintish though to lose this sort of game, hoping we can build on this performance 

Just now, the barrhead teacher said:

Liam Kelly was outstanding and won that game for Motherwell. Thought we were a bit static in first half and could have done better with the few chances we had. Need to see the penalty decision again- looked harsh. Second half l could see a Robinson team developing. Need to improve finishing, need to play Henderson every week, Ayunga is good with ball at feet but terrible timing for high balls, Bacchus and Gallagher impressed and Erhahon was solid. Still extremely Saintish though to lose this sort of game, hoping we can build on this performance 

Not harsh at all mate, clear as day, well, from the TV coverage.

The rest of your view, pretty decent. 

4 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Have to agree, if he can't see that our previous manager shelled out for two strikers on huge wages, that don't come up with the goods.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Aye, but what about this "4th" place, that's got to mean something? :lol:

An utterly meaningless "stat", been used by a couple of Goodwin fanatics, always makes me smirk. 

Edited by faraway saint

Just back from the game. 

My take is that we should have won that. We need to take our chances, though that was an inspired performance from Kelly.

We are still short in my opinion of a creative midfielder that will contribute 8 goals a season. Baccus, Strain and Ethan done well.

Get Brophy and Main fit and it may help.

Ultimately we never won despite a decent performance. 

I love Greive's energy, his closing down, his intelligent play and commitment. However he spends more time on the ground than on his feet due to being easily bullied off the ball. He needs more gymn time and porridge. Main was only on 25 mins and produced more attempts on goal and although clumsy sometimes made the ball stick more up top. Can't believe I'm saying this but hope Main is fit enough to start at Aberdeen. Him and Ayungu could be handfull for any defence.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

I love Greive's energy, his closing down, his intelligent play and commitment. However he spends more time on the ground than on his feet due to being easily bullied off the ball. He needs more gymn time and porridge. Main was only on 25 mins and produced more attempts on goal and although clumsy sometimes made the ball stick more up top. Can't believe I'm saying this but hope Main is fit enough to start at Aberdeen. Him and Ayungu could be handfull for any defence.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Two good attempts on goal, a more than decent return for his short time on the pitch.

He did have a few decent performances at the end of the season, maybe, just maybe, the manager can get the best from him and get the monkey(s) off his back. 

I thought we were o.k. today against a really really poor team yet still lost, worrying that most teams we come up against will be far better. Very frustrated that the manager seems to have drilled the team that goals have to come from crosses, numerous opportunities to get into the box broke down because the ball was played wide for the cross in rather than break into the box and see what happens. That’s a clear tactic which I don’t see working and don’t know where Brophy fits into this as he’s a player,  you want to see him being slid a pass into the  into box to run onto rather than knocked out wide for a cross. Loved Henderson’s directness when he came on, hope he gets more game time. 

My first game of the season, 

Thought the team played well we just can't score a goal and another loss at home just the same old story last few seasons,  Ayunga played well hopefully he gets even better..  Ethan was our best player in my eyes really looked the part...   Just not a fan of Tanser and never have been...  Dunne 2nd half was a bomb scare just as well Motherwell were shite and couldn't take advantage 

Hope we can take something from Aberdeen next week the pressure will be on Goodwin more than us 

7 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

That potty mouthed guy in our crowd is a heart attack or a stroke waiting to happen. What an angry chap. 

You think there's only one potty-mouthed, angry guy in our crowd? :huh: 

There are several like that in my section!

My first game of the season, 
Thought the team played well we just can't score a goal and another loss at home just the same old story last few seasons,  Ayunga played well hopefully he gets even better..  Ethan was our best player in my eyes really looked the part...   Just not a fan of Tanser and never have been...  Dunne 2nd half was a bomb scare just as well Motherwell were shite and couldn't take advantage 
Hope we can take something from Aberdeen next week the pressure will be on Goodwin more than us 
Thought Goodwin would have been first one sacked even said last season when he got job he would be punted by Christmas he has 2 wins in 13 in the league but couldn't have asked for a better game next week against a team that despite some really good performances up there still haven't won at Pittodrie in around 10 years that still won't help him though as he won't last the season.

Despite the obvious decent performance today I'm genuinely concerned that by end of August we could be on 0 points while Motherwell sit on 3 with 1 win and having suffered a few heavy beatings as a team that allows us 19 shots and around 30 free crosses into box is pretty poor and surely can't be as lucky again, we won't have as easy a game all season to get 3 points.

Sent from my T671H using Tapatalk