Jump to content

St Mirren v Motherwell, Sunday 31st July 2023


Recommended Posts

Hard to believe we lost that game. But it wasn't down to poor refereeing. And it's was really poor. But we lost due to poor striker's. Ayunga and Grieve missed absolute sitters. Kelly was superb in goal for Motherwell tbf. But if we can't score then all the good stats mean nothing. Everybody played well. Ethan our best player again. Should have won but poor finishing let us down.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Ok, we weren’t as bad as I expected and thought manager got most things right. 
Though, ain’t gonna get many games easier than that one… see what happens, onward we go. 
 

positives; Ayunga was better than I’ve seen him, Strain looks no bad and Errahon is looking sharp. 
 

negatives: too many long balls and no cutting edge & didn’t make the most of having wee Jay on the park 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dominated that game and should have scored at least 3 (or 5 :) ) .They had only one shot on target and that was a penalty. Two injuries is worrying and hope Baccus is ok after his assault. Unlucky on the day.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Worst Motherwell team I’ve seen, and they still beat us ! Again nothing up front. Grieve could fall over in a gust of wind, the no 7 missed 3 good chances, hopeless. Gallagher and Bacchus looked half decent. The manager should be hunted asap or we are certs for relegation. Find it impossible to enjoy watching saints, and those around me feel likewise. Very poor value for money. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, [email protected] said:

Worst Motherwell team I’ve seen, and they still beat us ! Again nothing up front. Grieve could fall over in a gust of wind, the no 7 missed 3 good chances, hopeless. Gallagher and Bacchus looked half decent. The manager should be hunted asap or we are certs for relegation. Find it impossible to enjoy watching saints, and those around me feel likewise. Very poor value for money. 

Aye, I heard you on the coverage, moaning like fcuk, keep it up. :1eye

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

We aren't as bad as last season. Until you get to the strikers.

Right fair play to Main to get himself back into the team. Where is and what the hell is wrong with our 'super' striker brophy???????

 

Waste of a wage

He maybe woke up this morning "stiff" What a wate of a wage. Can't remember when he last played (stayed) on the park for 90 minutes Kilmarnock knew what they were doing when they cashed him in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry I must have been at a different game from all of you. Erhahon was outstanding closely followed by Bacchus. The rest are poor. Tanser is one of

 The poorest players I hAve seen in many years. Poor thing to say I know but  I hope his injury keeps him out for a few weeks to let us try something else. Yes the Motherwell goalie had a few good saves  but that was because we did not finish properly.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

🤡

That's equivalent of saying if we'd won today and Robinson left he should get credit for having us joint top of the league.

You're an imbecile. 

It’s not though is it? He left in February, not ONE game into the season. You’ve had a nightmare with this point haven’t you? 
 

When Goodwin left, we had played one game less, a postponed match against (bottom of the league) Dundee which we went onto win. Away and cry wee man, I’ve really embarrassed you here 😀

Edited by bazil85
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, guinness said:

Sorry I must have been at a different game from all of you. Erhahon was outstanding closely followed by Bacchus. The rest are poor. Tanser is one of

 The poorest players I hAve seen in many years. Poor thing to say I know but  I hope his injury keeps him out for a few weeks to let us try something else. Yes the Motherwell goalie had a few good saves  but that was because we did not finish properly.

 

Or maybe you see things in a negative way? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, hamlet said:

He maybe woke up this morning "stiff" What a wate of a wage. Can't remember when he last played (stayed) on the park for 90 minutes Kilmarnock knew what they were doing when they cashed him in.

What gauls me about it all is that he is a decent striker really but there seems to be something amiss. What he needs to realise that at 26, the way he has carried on. Nobody going to take a chance on him in future or next choice of club very very limited. 

Killie exactly knew what they were offloading.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

It’s not though is it? He left in February, not ONE game into the season. You’ve had a nightmare with this point haven’t you? 
 

When Goodwin left, we had played one game less, a postponed match against (bottom of the league) Dundee which we went onto win. Away and cry wee man, I’ve really embarrassed you here 😀

:lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I see the Robinson haters are spinning this as some sort of justification. We were excellent today and there is a nucleus of a very good team there, light years ahead of the LC performances. Bacchus looks superb and the defence strolled it. Yes we lost to a dodgy pen but that's far from the headline today. I'm far more reassured in Robinson than before ko

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

I see the Robinson haters are spinning this as some sort of justification. We were excellent today and there is a nucleus of a very good team there, light years ahead of the LC performances. Bacchus looks superb and the defence strolled it. Yes we lost to a dodgy pen but that's far from the headline today. I'm far more reassured in Robinson than before ko

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk
 

I take this argument, however, in seasons gone by we often do this. Play brilliantly in a game & don’t win, then play awful in the next match & still don’t win. Consistency has almost always been a big issue. 
 

I’ll judge him on the first few matches & see if he can retain that level of performance. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

I see the Robinson haters are spinning this as some sort of justification. We were excellent today and there is a nucleus of a very good team there, light years ahead of the LC performances. Bacchus looks superb and the defence strolled it. Yes we lost to a dodgy pen but that's far from the headline today. I'm far more reassured in Robinson than before ko

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk
 

I indicated that would happen just after the whistle blew.

Sad. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I see the Robinson haters are spinning this as some sort of justification. We were excellent today and there is a nucleus of a very good team there, light years ahead of the LC performances. Bacchus looks superb and the defence strolled it. Yes we lost to a dodgy pen but that's far from the headline today. I'm far more reassured in Robinson than before ko

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk


I don't hate him. Just don't want him as Saints manager.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

It’s not though is it? He left in February, not ONE game into the season. You’ve had a nightmare with this point haven’t you? 
 

When Goodwin left, we had played one game less, a postponed match against (bottom of the league) Dundee which we went onto win. Away and cry wee man, I’ve really embarrassed you here 😀

Wee man chat, tragic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...