St. Mirren Vs FC Edinburgh 23rd July 2022

I couldn't see a topic for this, so decided to start one.

This game will have us win at least 3-0. My reasoning for this is my sister is coming back from Australia and will be able to attend this. She was able to make it to games the '99/'00 season and any game she came to then, we won at least by 3-0.

She was a lucky charm and I hope she is still lucky.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

I couldn't see a topic for this, so decided to start one.

This game will have us win at least 3-0. My reasoning for this is my sister is coming back from Australia and will be able to attend this. She was able to make it to games the '99/'00 season and any game she came to then, we won at least by 3-0.

She was a lucky charm and I hope she is still lucky.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

Can we all chip in to bring her over for home games? 

Looking forward to this one. No easy games though.

31 minutes ago, Rascal said:

A big assumption but, should we win in Airdrie on Tuesday then a win on Saturday against FC E by a few goals should see us move through from the group stages.

We will be lucky to beat Airdrie probably a draw but would not be shocked if we get pumped as for scoring a few goals against Edinburgh we will be lucky to get 2.

The last time we played Edinburgh City was also in the last game of the group stage of the league cup, in July 2016.

On that day goals from Shankland, Walsh and Baird got us a 3-0 win to get us 9 points out of 12, but due to an earlier defeat it wasn't enough to get us through and out we went. 

The manager had been appointed during the season before, but he hadn't exactly inspired confidence in his tenure and failure to get out the league cup group was another big blot on the copy book. The poor form continued into the ensuing league campaign, and just six games into it he was fired.

Funny old game, isn't it?

29 minutes ago, TopCat said:

The last time we played Edinburgh City was also in the last game of the group stage of the league cup, in July 2016.

On that day goals from Shankland, Walsh and Baird got us a 3-0 win to get us 9 points out of 12, but due to an earlier defeat it wasn't enough to get us through and out we went. 

The manager had been appointed during the season before, but he hadn't exactly inspired confidence in his tenure and failure to get out the league cup group was another big blot on the copy book. The poor form continued into the ensuing league campaign, and just six games into it he was fired.

Funny old game, isn't it?

Yeah, this manager had  the following record...........

Played 32, Won 13, drew 6, lost 13 but there were other issues that had him a marked man.

Funny old game eh? 

Are any posters on here going to this game? The only interesting thing about this game will be the crowd, post your predictions for it here. 

Is sub 1500 for a what is technically a competitive home game on a Saturday at 3pm possible? Sub 1000?

Surely not. I’ll go for 1623. 

3 hours ago, TopCat said:

Are any posters on here going to this game? The only interesting thing about this game will be the crowd, post your predictions for it here. 

Is sub 1500 for a what is technically a competitive home game on a Saturday at 3pm possible? Sub 1000?

I won’t be there £15 for a meaningless game,I don’t think so

I hate missing games when I have no reason to miss them Last time I took this decision was a cup game v ICT in the Tommy Craig days

I think we’ll be lucky to hit 1000 on Sat 

I'll be there as we bought our tickets pre Airdrie disaster. 

Need to be starting with Henderson, Reid and Offord. Nothing to play for now, so a good game to see how the 3 of them do.

Can't wait.

7 minutes ago, munoz said:

Need to be starting with Henderson, Reid and Offord. Nothing to play for now, so a good game to see how the 3 of them do.

Can't wait.

Could not be worse

I'll be there and my boy is coming down from Inverness too, didn't see either of the Arbroath or Airdrie games but did see (much of including goals) the Cowdenbeath game, now if we win on Saturday I am willing to accept donations to travel up for all the home games 😉

These unacceptable performances will hit the club in the pocket unfortunately. Probably cost 1000 on the gate at the weekend, not to mention the next round/rounds gate money.
Every pound is important to us at the moment, although the club will be saving  dosh with the lack of win bonuses. 

7 hours ago, TopCat said:

Only a fiver for me  to get in but 99% cert some barman in Paisley will get it before the club. 

As for numbers, reckon some fans who had already bought their tickets won't go so 1200 tickets sold with a crowd of 1100.

3 hours ago, munoz said:

Can't wait.

Snap Munoz .  I'm tempted to just stay in the pub though .