St. Mirren Vs FC Edinburgh 23rd July 2022

9 hours ago, TopCat said:

Are any posters on here going to this game? The only interesting thing about this game will be the crowd, post your predictions for it here. 

Is sub 1500 for a what is technically a competitive home game on a Saturday at 3pm possible? Sub 1000?

Surely not. I’ll go for 1623. 

I will be there but 4 out of 6 in our group won’t but not directly related to performances so far…..more holidays, health and home responsibilities. 

I will go higher - just 1 - 1,624

The boy and I will be going - tickets bought before last night - and printed off today in work.

Tying it in with visiting my dad before the game and maybe meeting up with the missus afterward for a curry- trying to make the most of it.

My son also wanting to go to away game - so looking at making a weekend of it up in Aberdeen - is Pittodrie a good choice for first top league away game? I was there on a supporters bus midweek in the late 80s - so can’t remember anything except sitting on benches and getting home about 1am. I was shattered the next day at school 🤣

12 minutes ago, southsidebud said:

The boy and I will be going - tickets bought before last night - and printed off today in work.

Tying it in with visiting my dad before the game and maybe meeting up with the missus afterward for a curry- trying to make the most of it.

My son also wanting to go to away game - so looking at making a weekend of it up in Aberdeen - is Pittodrie a good choice for first top league away game? I was there on a supporters bus midweek in the late 80s - so can’t remember anything except sitting on benches and getting home about 1am. I was shattered the next day at school 🤣

Weekend in Aberdeen will be first class. The match however.  

24 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

As things stand, this is about as humiliating as it gets! 

IMG_20220720_202553.jpg

That is shocking 😩

bad enough we are where we are in that table but also that we have a minus goal difference .
I believe we have the lowest goals scored tally of the premier clubs . Not good enough 😡

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

2 hours ago, southsidebud said:

Should still recognise it all, I don't think they've improved the away area since the 80s

42 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

Should still recognise it all, I don't think they've improved the away area since the 80s

Well they have. We used to be housed in the old Beach end stand with the wooden benches which @southsidebudwas referring to. The Beach End has now been replaced with Richard Donald stand which houses Aberdeen fans. 

Away fans are now housed in the corner of the South Stand.

E03B2ACE-AE3D-4A43-9B0E-18F2452865A7.png.23142c94ade6ed94e5e5b25bdb6b6964.png

1 hour ago, StanleySaint said:

Thanks, I had forgotten how old the Donald stand was, however the condition of the away area is very reminiscent of 80s crumbling under foot with the addition of seats masking the issue.

The away section is, I am sad to say, pretty dilapidated. Best away ground for me is Tynecastle. 

Edited by Rascal

16 hours ago, Balmullo Bud said:

These unacceptable performances will hit the club in the pocket unfortunately. Probably cost 1000 on the gate at the weekend, not to mention the next round/rounds gate money.
Every pound is important to us at the moment, although the club will be saving  dosh with the lack of win bonuses. 

Shove everyone into main then.  Always poor turn out from our great supporters for these games. 

13 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

That is shocking 😩

bad enough we are where we are in that table but also that we have a minus goal difference .
I believe we have the lowest goals scored tally of the premier clubs . Not good enough 😡

Not good ahead of next Sunday.  All the shit about old firm and stands losing revenue when the real way to make money is entertain to get bums on seats and win games. 

Are any posters on here going to this game? The only interesting thing about this game will be the crowd, post your predictions for it here. 
Is sub 1500 for a what is technically a competitive home game on a Saturday at 3pm possible? Sub 1000?

Surely not. I’ll go for 1623. 
The home group games in the LC traditionally get rotten crowds. Usually sub 2000 (1800 I think for Arbroath). Even if we had won all 3 games this match would probably attract 1500 so sub 1500 was always likely.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk