St. Mirren Vs FC Edinburgh 23rd July 2022

So I’ve decided to fork out on ppv and watch the game tomorrow.

By all accounts we were absolutely honking against Airdrie but I’m hoping the players will give a positive reaction to the rightful criticism that was levelled at them from supporters, manager and media.

Surely we can’t be as bad again.

Surely ….

COYS !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

By all accounts we were absolutely honking against Airdrie but I’m hoping the players will give a positive reaction to the rightful criticism that was levelled at them from supporters, manager and media.

Surely ….

COYS !!

I wouldn't bet on it even with your money.

The amount of empty seats that will greet the Manager, Player, and the BOD should serve as a warning to them to not take the supporters for granted.

It is very easy to get into the habit of not going, and the lack of wins at home for years is now surely testing the most harden Saint fans. 

Time for everybody at the club to get the finger out, and proved you do deserved to be employed by the club. 

6 minutes ago, Tommy said:

The amount of empty seats that will greet the Manager, Player, and the BOD should serve as a warning to them to not take the supporters for granted.

It is very easy to get into the habit of not going, and the lack of wins at home for years is now surely testing the most harden Saint fans. 

Time for everybody at the club to get the finger out, and proved you do deserved to be employed by the club. 

The mindset of all staff and players need to change ,it needs to be clearly stated that losing at home is totally unacceptable in any competition or friendly ,we need a winning mentality  throughout  the club.

4 hours ago, turrabuddie said:

Surely ….

COYS !!

This is a must win game IMO. We are already out of the cup. Players must be playing for their places for the opening league game. The manager has given almost everyone a run out. Now it’s the players turn to show true competitive spirit and build confidence.

If the team can’t muster a bit of enthusiasm we will continue to toil. I’m amazed at the level of performance so far it’s a mile away from where we need to be. If beating  a minnow tomorrow helps sort this decline fair enough but I’m not at all convinced by anything I’ve seen so far 

Me and the boy definitely would have went, however I cannot and will not pay £20.00 for the 2 of us to go to what is now a meaningless game!!

Well I’ve buckled and just bought our tickets, convincing myself it will be worth it - perhaps I’ll see Dylan Reid & Keanu Baccus on the park.

2 hours ago, Rascal said:

This is a must win game IMO. We are already out of the cup. Players must be playing for their places for the opening league game. The manager has given almost everyone a run out. Now it’s the players turn to show true competitive spirit and build confidence.

Don't say that   :zipit    We never win Must Win Games 

Thankfully, it couldn’t be further away from a ‘must win’ , chance to get a few young boys on the park

Let’s be honest, the older guys have shown nothing to be positive about yet

Give the up and coming boys a run out and you might see a desire to win

Thankfully, it couldn’t be further away from a ‘must win’ , chance to get a few young boys on the park

18 minutes ago, Scott-Leeds said:

Time to play the team that will start against Motherwell. No time left for poncing about.

18 minutes ago, Scott-Leeds said:

Heard you the first time. :wink:

While there's some possible benefits from blooding youngsters another defeat would, IMO, be more harmful and round of a truly disastrous group campaign and see us going into the league with a real lack of confidence.

I'd go for a real win, strongest team, hopefully win by a few goals and set us up for a better mind set for the Motherwell game. 

Heard you the first time. :wink:
While there's some possible benefits from blooding youngsters another defeat would, IMO, be more harmful and round of a truly disastrous group campaign and see us going into the league with a real lack of confidence.
I'd go for a real win, strongest team, hopefully win by a few goals and set us up for a better mind set for the Motherwell game. 

I still predict a 2-1 loss sadly

Naturally,, I hope you are right

I'd like to see Dylan Reid start to see what he has more.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

Agreed, this is the perfect opportunity to give Dylan a run out, albeit Ethan has been ok.

Kind of agree with the point previous posters have made though - we are out of time for experimenting.

1 hour ago, RichardBuddie said:

Agreed, this is the perfect opportunity to give Dylan a run out, albeit Ethan has been ok.

Kind of agree with the point previous posters have made though - we are out of time for experimenting.

I think you’re underselling Ethan here, imo he has been the only bright point of an otherwise dire LC comp.
 He’s showing a great deal more maturity and awareness. 

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

15 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I think you’re underselling Ethan here, imo he has been the only bright point of an otherwise dire LC comp.
 He’s showing a great more maturity and awareness. 

Totally spot on. He has been consistent and looks the part. He does need a Power Gogic type behind him though

While I agree that Ethan has been decent in recent games, I don't think he has improved that much from last season. To say that he has been the stand-out player in the League Cup games just underlines how poor most of the others have been. O'Hara has shown consistency, Kiltie has done well when brought on, but the big disappointment for me has been the other new recruits. Not impressed yet by either Ayunga (despite his goals at Cowdenbeath) or Olusanya.

I think Reid needs to play today. If he does well, we will know that he can be an important player for us this season.

Whoever plays, we need a win before the league starts next weekend. So,.......

COYS!!