St. Mirren Vs FC Edinburgh 23rd July 2022

Decided to use my ticket today. I hope we play as strong a team as we can ahead of next Sunday. I don't think it's a time to experiment it's time to prepare for next week. If we don't start the campaign with a few good results I can see us sink fast.  We need a result to build confidence in the players and give us long suffering fans a boost. 

We have 3 choices today for OAPs like myself:-

PPV @ £15

Attend @ £5

Or stay at home and watch the grass grow in the rain.

I know which one I'm going for - so I'm likely to get soaked.

However I'm going in hope more than anything else - but hope to see our strongest team in the first half and then perhaps the younger players coming on to show their worth. Maybe the likes of Reid and Henderson will stake a claim to be in the first eleven in the coming weeks.

Club announcement...

Unfortunately, due to an unforeseen circumstance with FC Edinburgh and at the referee’s request, we will be forced to play in our away kit this afternoon. 

Clearly this is a frustrating issue and one which we are unhappy about as we always wish to wear our home kit at the SMiSA Stadium. However, in accordance with SPFL rules, the referee’s decision is final and we must wear our away kit in today’s match.

Just now, BuddieinEK said:

Club announcement...

Unfortunately, due to an unforeseen circumstance with FC Edinburgh and at the referee’s request, we will be forced to play in our away kit this afternoon. 

Clearly this is a frustrating issue and one which we are unhappy about as we always wish to wear our home kit at the SMiSA Stadium. However, in accordance with SPFL rules, the referee’s decision is final and we must wear our away kit in today’s match.

An attempt to increase the crowd? 🤐😯

2 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Club announcement...

I thought you were going to say it was cancelled 😂

What I am looking for from this game is to gain an idea of what it is that

Stephen Robinson is trying to do, this team does not seem to have 

an identity. he criticised the players publicly on Wednesday,

he said it was his fault and then says it was not acceptable from the players.

All in all I do not think the Stephen Robinson project is working.

He has had ample time to bring his ideas, philosophy and a way of playing

to this club, ultimately it just does not seem to be working out.

29 minutes ago, exiledfan said:

Is that a back 5?

Nah big Joe going up front.

To be fair if we had done so since the start of the LC campaign we would probably have qualified.

5 minutes ago, munoz said:

10 mins to kick off and the place is empty. On the plus side, parking wasn't a problem.

2.58 now and the tumbleweed is blowing inside the SMiSA stadium. 

Honestly I've never seen a lower turnout. Well deserved I suppose. 

10 minutes ago, Gosport Buddie said:

Anyone got Saints tv working. 5 minutes to kickoff and just a view of the stadium with both clubs badges

Sent from my SM-A516B using Tapatalk

yes its working for me on the St Mirren FC link

Edited by renfrew156