St. Mirren Vs FC Edinburgh 23rd July 2022

Good first half, poor second. Disappointing as the first half was a good platform to go and score a few. 
The goal we lost was shocking schoolboy defending, ball watching as their boy came from deep and if they’d taken their chance to make it 3-2 it would’ve been squeaky bum time. We had chances too though. 
Strain very good on the ball, but unless he got a knock he was struggling badly for fitness last 15. At least he got more miles in the tank. 
Positives were we won, Ayunga,  Baccus looks excellent and a few young boys got a run out. Taylor and Offord made more of an impact than Reid, but a wee bit more experience for him. 
Defence needs to switch on for the Well game or it will be a painful afternoon. Hopeful that Ayunga can grab us a few goals this season, preferably starting next weekend. 

There goal was a yard offside. But guy took it well. We were pedestrian for 80% of the game. Only move of any note was Tait for the third goal. Fraser Taylor brightened things up, looks an exciting prospect. But haven't changed my mind, Robinson is clueless. Poor appointment.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

Todays result shows we could hold our own in League 1.... shocking campaign on what was the easiest group.... players should have been busting a gut for full 90 and its obvious players are not fully committed under this manager.... he will get 4 or 5 games tops to show at least his teams buy in to his philosphy

I had hoped that there would have been more commitment to impress that second half was shocking.

Some positive points in Bachus and O hara. Also two well taken goals by Ayunga.

I find the fact that 3 experienced defenders could look so poor against a lower league team. Hopefully a blip. 

Need the switch on next Sunday especially now there is no Jack Alnwick to save them if they make a mistake. 

That was far better today,  we actually looked like the players knew their jobs and gameplan. 

Baccus looks a find - has a great touch, breaks up play well and brought others into play really well.

Although today's opposition will be nothing like we'll face next Sunday, it was just pleasing to put in a cohesive for the majority of the match.

Well, I actually quite enjoyed watching that.

Obviously took the foot off the gas after scoring the third, and their goal, which may have been offside exposed shoddy defending but was well taken.

The only disappointment for me today was Reid, everyone else got at least pass marks from me.
Even Olusanya, who I think will become a player for us once he gets up to speed.

Standouts for me included Ayunga, Baccus, Offord, Strain and Taylor, when he came on.

I am well aware who the opposition were, and I’m not saying I’m suddenly optimistic about the season or anything, but I am definitely less pessimistic about our season opener against Well.

COYS !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

Well, I actually quite enjoyed watching that.

Obviously took the foot off the gas after scoring the third, and their goal, which may have been offside exposed shoddy defending but was well taken.

The only disappointment for me today was Reid, everyone else got at least pass marks from me.
Even Olusanya, who I think will become a player for us once he gets up to speed.

Standouts for me included Ayunga, Baccus, Offord, Strain and Taylor, when he came on.

I am well aware who the opposition were, and I’m not saying I’m suddenly optimistic about the season or anything, but I am definitely less pessimistic about our season opener against Well.

COYS !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought Ethan also had a very good 45 before he made way for Reid. 

Very impressive showing from Baccus. Tackling skills plus a superb work rate. No wonder he was knackered when subbed. I think we may finally have found another John McGinn.

Also enjoyed watching young Fraser Taylor's contribution. This wee lad can obviously deliver a tasty cross ball. Let's hope he gets his chance to show us more this season.

12 minutes ago, elvis said:

All the punters on radio Scotland apart from Duffy going for us to get relegated.cant disagree with that.

Has there ever been a season when you've not tipped us to go down ? 

You predict we lose every game. 

Do yourself a favour and put the mogadon mood Hoover on ignore. Same old schtick for years, disappears after a couple of wins to turn up like the proverbial bad penny every time we hit a rough patch. The worst type of "supporter", just a piss poor troll.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Just now, Ayrshire Saints said:

Do yourself a favour and put the mogadon mood Hoover on ignore. Same old schtick for years, disappears after a couple of wins to turn up like the proverbial bad penny every time we hit a rough patch. The worst type of "supporter", just a piss poor troll.

Whilst your at it put Saint Johnstone and that tit Warrior on ignore...not even supporters .... sadly this forum has way too many trolls and tits

5 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Must be laugh at parties though. 

Elvis, last season most of the 'experts' on Radio Scotland had Ross County or Livingston going down. Look how that turned out.

Yes, we've had a really disappointing start to the season, but teams haven't kicked a ball in the league yet. Let's see where we are in October, then start the panic if need be.

28 minutes ago, munoz said:

No I don't it might seem like that but it's not true .I keep saying we are shite which to be fair 99.99 of the time we are .How many do you Think The Well will pump us by next week .

Just now, pondsman said:

Elvis, last season most of the 'experts' on Radio Scotland had Ross County or Livingston going down. Look how that turned out.

Yes, we've had a really disappointing start to the season, but teams haven't kicked a ball in the league yet. Let's see where we are in October, then start the panic if need be.

The experts got Hamilton 6th time lucky... considering Hibs Utd Killie Us and Hearts all been in Championship recently its shows they draw lots...  still think we will do well to come 10th but Fakes for me 12th.... just need Hibs to appoint Stubbs and we are safe

3 minutes ago, elvis said:

No I don't it might seem like that but it's not true .I keep saying we are shite which to be fair 99.99 of the time we are .How many do you Think The Well will pump us by next week .

Geez are you 5 ??... do you cry a lot during the seasons 😄

30 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

The amount of folk who even reply to him is tragic.