St. Mirren Vs FC Edinburgh 23rd July 2022

1 hour ago, exiledfan said:

I had hoped that there would have been more commitment to impress that second half was shocking.

Some positive points in Bachus and O hara. Also two well taken goals by Ayunga.

I find the fact that 3 experienced defenders could look so poor against a lower league team. Hopefully a blip. 

Need the switch on next Sunday especially now there is no Jack Alnwick to save them if they make a mistake. 

He was trying to play 3 5 2 but it fell back to 5 3 2 so often  and they got through us too often ,Motherwell  will murder us if we play with this formation

We were well worth our 3-0 lead at halftime and would probably have doubled that score in the second half if we had played our strongest 11.

Nobody can deny it has been a disappointing start to the season but other posters have pointed out the plus points from today's performance - Baccus, Ayunga, Strain, Erhahon, Offord & O'Hara + the younger players got valuable experience - especially Taylor.

Question what has Henderson got to do to get a game?

The minus side from today was our defence's continuing inability to concentrate for the full 90 minutes.

Edited by northstbuddie

18 minutes ago, elvis said:

No I don't it might seem like that but it's not true .I keep saying we are shite which to be fair 99.99 of the time we are .How many do you Think The Well will pump us by next week .

I don't think we'll lose. Unlike yourself, i prefer to have a glass half full attitude to most things. 

I don't think we are as bad as results have been. Performance wise we have been poor but we are trying to bed in a number of new players who have not had too many minutes on the pitch over last season. 

Strain, Ayunga and Baccus look better than decent. Gallagher and O'Hara look good too. 

A settled side up to speed will do better than this. I still think we are squad light and need a Gogic type 

There are signs of what Robinson is trying to do. 

Feel a wee bit better after today. Baccus looks the business. Strain was good as was Ayunga. Taylor looked very good when he came on. Reid always tried to make the safe pass and really didn't contribute much although he didn't make any mistakes. Although our overall play was  poorer in the second half we created loads of good chances which was good - even better if we scored some of them.

The change of formation helped although I still don't know what it was. Sometimes a back 3, other times a 4 and sometimes a 5! Only 2 up top but well supported from O'Hara and Baccus.

Crowd was something like 1027 with 25 Edinburgh fans. We just scraped over the 1000 home fans.

I don't think we are as bad as results have been. Performance wise we have been poor but we are trying to bed in a number of new players who have not had too many minutes on the pitch over last season. 
Strain, Ayunga and Baccus look better than decent. Gallagher and O'Hara look good too. 
A settled side up to speed will do better than this. I still think we are squad light and need a Gogic type 
There are signs of what Robinson is trying to do. 

I thought we played ok against Arbroath and on another day, IF we had scored first, I think we could easily have eased to a 2-0 or 3-0 victory.

Obviously that didn’t happen though …

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, W6er said:

Is that a record low for a senior competition?

Don't know but hopefully it is a wake up call to all involved at the club. 

There will be a good crowd for the Well game, and we need to see something that will give us encourage for the season. 

Well, I actually quite enjoyed watching that.

Obviously took the foot off the gas after scoring the third, and their goal, which may have been offside exposed shoddy defending but was well taken.

The only disappointment for me today was Reid, everyone else got at least pass marks from me.
Even Olusanya, who I think will become a player for us once he gets up to speed.

Standouts for me included Ayunga, Baccus, Offord, Strain and Taylor, when he came on.

I am well aware who the opposition were, and I’m not saying I’m suddenly optimistic about the season or anything, but I am definitely less pessimistic about our season opener against Well.

COYS !!

Your easily pleased. Bore fest.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, northstbuddie said:

We were well worth our 3-0 lead at halftime and would probably have doubled that score in the second half if we had played our strongest 11.

Nobody can deny it has been a disappointing start to the season but other posters have pointed out the plus points from today's performance - Baccus, Ayunga, Strain, Erhahon, Offord & O'Hara + the younger players got valuable experience - especially Taylor.

Question what has Henderson got to do to get a game?

The minus side from today was our defence's continuing inability to concentrate for the full 90 minutes.

Were you at the game? It was 2-0 at half  time!

Thought we were very poor for the majority of the match. Ethan waS our best player in first half. After he went off we were poor. Not sure about Strain. Big 7 took his goals well . Bacchus was OK. Defence a bit iffy.  Much more work to be done.  My friend did not know if was a non ST game and showed his ticket to the reader and was admitted no problem. Wish I had done that and saved £15 . 

A special mention for Richard Tait - he showed surprising ball control to lay on the third goal - almost Joyan Cruyffish in execution!

That was a piece of magic from Tait, I sit in M7 and had a great view, his take down was immense then to turn the defender inside out for a very nice goal to follow was a joy to see!!

Got home around 8 and have just finished reading the comments on the game, taking into account the opposition I thought it was a professional performance, good in the first half a bit disjointed in the second with the changes, Baccus looked great considering he's just arrived and Ayunga took his goals well, O'Hara was good too, apart from a couple of brain farts the back 3 was loads better than the 4 and Tait had a great game. That's twice I've seen us including the Cowdenbeath game, as previously stated, happy to take contributions to come up for every home game 😉

1 hour ago, turrabuddie said:

I thought we played ok against Arbroath and on another day, IF we had scored first, I think we could easily have eased to a 2-0 or 3-0 victory.

Obviously that didn’t happen though …

Unfashionable view Turra but one that I share. We made plenty of chances against Arbroath and could have won and were unlucky to lose a goal in the 93rd minute - but we did switch off. Against Cowdenbeath we strolled through the game after going 2 ahead. Airdrie gave me cause for thought as they outfought us. Today we had plenty of opportunities and a mix of good saves and near misses kept the score down. An offside (?) goal against shows a weakness to the long ball and we lost control of the game when Ethan went off at half time meant FC E had a better possession level in the half than we did. 

I’ve not seen enough good play to feel confident. Yes we have one or two players but the midfield looks like it’ll be overrun most weeks. We also aren’t able to score enough goals and perhaps still need to keep it tighter at the back. When you compare the starting 11 last year to this I think it’s clear we are weaker. I’m hoping that perhaps we can do a little business in the market as it’ll need some strength being added for us to have much chance. I realise it’s not easy replacing McGrath, Ronan and Gogic but we need better or else in my opinion we will be struggling . I am desperate for the manager to do well but it’s not clicking.. yet 

1 hour ago, norrie82 said:

I’ve not seen enough good play to feel confident. Yes we have one or two players but the midfield looks like it’ll be overrun most weeks. We also aren’t able to score enough goals and perhaps still need to keep it tighter at the back. When you compare the starting 11 last year to this I think it’s clear we are weaker. I’m hoping that perhaps we can do a little business in the market as it’ll need some strength being added for us to have much chance. I realise it’s not easy replacing McGrath, Ronan and Gogic but we need better or else in my opinion we will be struggling . I am desperate for the manager to do well but it’s not clicking.. yet 

Agree 100% I think we are a ball winning midfielder and a creative midfielder short. Baccus and O'Hara done well today and look good but it's a long season and I feel le we are light in midfield right now.