Prediction 2022/23

I dont normally bother with this thread lark but having listening to 2 bozos on the Scottish Football podcast made me wonder where the normal / actual/ non WUMs thought we might finish

So that rules out the tankers Warror and Saint Johnstone who have no clue where Saints play... and are both twats..  rules out Elvis as he has us 12th at best... rules out the serial knobhead shull and his merrymen ...so thats about another 8 eh posters..  so leaves about 50 normalish saints fans.. ok i think we will be 10th ahead of County with no Cooke and Fakes who have actually got worse... pretty grim i know but realistic

Robinson targeted top six and Europe when he was appointed, that's what he said in his initial interview.

To be honest, i'd bite your hand off for 10th now. The regression from the day of his appointment to now has been remarkable. So yes, i'll be optimistic and have us in 10th too.

Killie 11th 

St Johnstone 12th

Those predictions are based on what evidence ? Three friendlies and two league cup ties we've had to play without our two main strikers, without a couple of players not yet match-ready, and without our new (seemingly highly-rated) player from Oz. Surely it's way too early to assess how our new squad will gel together for the season ahead.

It's been well recorded that Ross County managed a top-six finish last season after a string of defeats at the start of the season. 

Cliche alert !!!!!

"It's a marathon not a sprint". 

I confidently predict we'll finish somewhere between 1st and 12th, and we'll either make the top-six, or we won't. Now, where's the nearest bookie ?

4 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Those predictions are based on what evidence ? Three friendlies and two league cup ties we've had to play without our two main strikers, without a couple of players not yet match-ready, and without our new (seemingly highly-rated) player from Oz. Surely it's way too early to assess how our new squad will gel together for the season ahead.

It's been well recorded that Ross County managed a top-six finish last season after a string of defeats at the start of the season. 

Cliche alert !!!!!

I confidently predict we'll finish somewhere between 1st and 12th, and we'll either make the top-six, or we won't. Now, where's the nearest bookie ?

Based on the 14 games against teams in the top two leagues since he arrived. Nine defeats, three wins. two draws.

That's relegation form over an extended period, plain and simple. 

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

Based on the 14 games against teams in the top two leagues since he arrived. Nine defeats, three wins. two draws.

That's relegation form over an extended period, plain and simple. 

I wonder IF we'd beaten Arbroath you've have included a team from the 2nd level of Scottish football and, conevently, because Cowdenbeath are out with these two leagues you don't include them?

Funny old game selective stats eh? 

We were pretty shite for all of last season. One home win between July and the end of December was completely unacceptable. However, based on performances so far, I'm not seeing much to be optimistic about.

However, we still have a couple of players to come back who might improve us. If not, it will be more of the same.

We were pretty shite for all of last season. One home win between July and the end of December was completely unacceptable. However, based on performances so far, I'm not seeing much to be optimistic about.
However, we still have a couple of players to come back who might improve us. If not, it will be more of the same.

Gambling on the hope Main/ Brophy get fit and score a few doesn’t fill me with confidence.

Really difficult to see where goals are coming from in the league I particular

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

I dont normally bother with this thread lark but having listening to 2 bozos on the Scottish Football podcast made me wonder where the normal / actual/ non WUMs thought we might finish

So that rules out the tankers Warror and Saint Johnstone who have no clue where Saints play... and are both twats..  rules out Elvis as he has us 12th at best... rules out the serial knobhead shull and his merrymen ...so thats about another 8 eh posters..  so leaves about 50 normalish saints fans.. ok i think we will be 10th ahead of County with no Cooke and Fakes who have actually got worse... pretty grim i know but realistic

Tenth would be my guess too but I would obviously be happy to be proved wrong if we do make it to the top six. One way we might do that is by having fewer draws but obviously more wins.

Realistically we will probably end up somewhere between 7th and 10th. Looking at our squad, it isnt nearly as strong as the Edinburgh clubs, Aberdeen or United. County like us have signed some unknown players and still havent got a decent keeper, Motherwell should be about the same as last season, Livi i think may regress slightly. However we will all be saved by a weak St Johnstone who cant score and an even weaker Killie whos recruitment this summer has been Stubbsesque.

Sellic
sevco
Aberdeen
Hearts
Dundee Utd
Hibs
Motherwell
St Mirren
Ross County
Kilmarnock
Livingston
St Johnstone

If that comes up you'd be a millionaire if you stuck 20p on. [emoji6]

I would take that!

Aberdeen 3rd after how bad last season was and how we played in spells with Jim?

Celtic
Rangers
Hearts
Dundee United
Hibs
Motherwell
Aberdeen
St Mirren
Livingston
Ross County
Kilmarnock
St Johnstone

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Probably just avoid relegation, but entertainment value negligible. Incidentally, I take exception to your insolence, sonny. 

4 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Cliche alert !!!!!

I stopped reading after seeing that you think we have two main strikers 🙄😂

1 hour ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

Aberdeen 3rd after how bad last season was and how we played in spells with Jim?

Celtic
Rangers
Hearts
Dundee United
Hibs
Motherwell
Aberdeen
St Mirren
Livingston
Ross County
Kilmarnock
St Johnstone

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

Aberdeen have money to spend. Surely have to improve greatly on last season. But….maybe not

21 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I wonder IF we'd beaten Arbroath you've have included a team from the 2nd level of Scottish football and, conevently, because Cowdenbeath are out with these two leagues you don't include them?

Funny old game selective stats eh? 

Well add in the win against Cowdenbeath if you want, beating a team of part time teenagers from the lowland league is not really relevant to the prediction thread. Our youth team would have won that game.

1 minute ago, TopCat said:

Well add in the win against Cowdenbeath if you want, beating a team of part time teenagers from the lowland league is not really relevant to the prediction thread. Our youth team would have won that game.

Away wi ye. :byebye

It's well documented that you are VERY selective in using stats when trying to prove a point. :wink:

Calm down, what will be will be.

21 hours ago, Scott-Leeds said:

Gambling on the hope Main/ Brophy get fit and score a few doesn’t fill me with confidence.

Really difficult to see where goals are coming from in the league I particular

Yeah agree with this. We had goal scoring midfielders in McGrath and Ronan the past two seasons and it was their goals that kept us clear of the relegation battle both times. They've both left and there's seemingly no replacement, none of these players Robinson has signed is a goal scoring midfielder.

Unless Kiltie can step up that's a huge hole in the goals for column. We are relying on perma crock Brophy and the boo boys favourite target Main to deliver the goods.

Terrifying. 

Edited by TopCat

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Away wi ye. :byebye

It's well documented that you are VERY selective in using stats when trying to prove a point. :wink:

Calm down, what will be will be.

Perfectly calm. Seen us relegated plenty of times before, and i will see us relegated plenty of times in the future. 

The frustration is we have went from such a good place (top six in February) to such a bad place so quickly.

We need to sort out the home form and maintain last season's away form to get in top six. Can I see us do that. In truth I don't know untill we see a few games with all players fit. Gut tells me we will get sixth based on fact that I still don't see a big difference between teams outside old firm and hearts.