Liz Truss

I see that the next Prime Minister went to school at the West Primary in the 70's. There are therefore three things I know about her for certain:

1. She knows her times-tables up to 12, no problem.

2 She's been belted.

3. She doesn't get why the new stadium is not called Love Street.

I therefore urge anyone with a Conservative party membership to give her your vote.

I see that the next Prime Minister went to school at the West Primary in the 70's. There are therefore three things I know about her for certain:
2 She's been belted.
I therefore urge anyone with a Conservative party membership to give her your vote.
@antrin

You see that? Give her your vote. default_whistling.gif

31 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

2 She's been belted.

She is an incompetent blabbering fool who , if she gets the gig will replace the previous incompetent blabbering fool who she offered her full support and promised to “ uphold his values “ 😂😂😂😂. and will no doubt give him a place in her Cabinet .

Lying , self serving bastards every damn one of them 😡.  

7 hours ago, Livinginthepast said:

2 She's been belted.

She gets my vote then 

It really annoys when when she says that during her school years in Paisley and Leeds kids were being badly let down. She seems to conveniently forget that all through these years it was a Conservative government running the country.

And how did Sunak's parents running a local Pharmacy manage to afford to send their kid to Winchester School? Current fees £46k per annum.

I think playing up their 'hard working families' backgrounds is pushing it a bit.

It really annoys when when she says that during her school years in Paisley and Leeds kids were being badly let down. She seems to conveniently forget that all through these years it was a Conservative government running the country.
And how did Sunak's parents running a local Pharmacy manage to afford to send their kid to Winchester School? Current fees £46k per annum.
I think playing up their 'hard working families' backgrounds is pushing it a bit.

No point me commenting [emoji2]

From Paisley living in Leeds

Hardly going to get any Conservative sympathisers on here [emoji2]

8 minutes ago, ianmac said:

Her school in Leeds could not have been that bad as it got her into Oxford. Or could that have been something to do with her father being a Professor of Mathematics.

What a deprived background she came from........

On 7/25/2022 at 10:39 PM, ianmac said:

Her school in Leeds could not have been that bad as it got her into Oxford. Or could that have been something to do with her father being a Professor of Mathematics.

What a deprived background she came from........

Or maybe one of the things that she learned at the West was the value of hard work and dedication. Like so many of her fellow Alumni at that famous primary.

26 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

Or maybe one of the things that she learned at the West was the value of hard work and dedication. Like so many of her fellow Alumni at that famous primary.

Aye….

…but a lot of luck also helps.

I believe the West primary churned out some cracking Dux boys in the late fifties.

(They were also rather nifty at spelling). :)

37 minutes ago, antrin said:

Aye….

…but a lot of luck also helps.

I believe the West primary churned out some cracking Dux boys in the late fifties.

(They were also rather nifty at spelling). :)

My Mother was Dux girl at the West……roughly around 1954

3 minutes ago, ianmac said:

The current building was opened  in 1938. I will look to see if I can find if there was an earlier one.

Too late to ask my mother......

It was also a secondary school so I think I got her dates wrong. I was thinking she was Dux of the primary school, but it was the secondary school so it would be a few years later.

1 hour ago, ianmac said:

It was also a secondary school so I think I got her dates wrong. I was thinking she was Dux of the primary school, but it was the secondary school so it would be a few years later.

I went to secondary school at the West PS in 1975/76  😳

Anybuddie know how that came about?

7 minutes ago, HSS said:

We used to call that getting held back! Only joking.

Power strikes or something like that?

2 hours ago, HSS said:

It was a secondary school for a long ish time.

Desperately Seeking Susan’s (of this airt) was a West secondary pupil roon aboot 65 +70… iirc

10 hours ago, HSS said:

I went to Castlehead HS which opened in 1971 When the time came for me to start secondary the 4 year old school was overcrowded so they took over half of the West for my year Only time we got to the “big school” in 1st year was for PE then we moved there for 2nd year onwards

I can’t remember if it was a one off or if it affected  pupils starting in the years after us