Liz Truss

4 hours ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe husband was complementary on the fact that Liz Truss was the first of 6 Foreign Secretaries to actually get his wife home. I’m not sure that he is particularly bothered that she signed a fake confession to get home. What she and he are bothered about is that Liz Truss promised to deal with the kidnappers, which she has failed to do despite being given the names of the 10 main Iranian antagonists 9 months ago. She is just like all politicians, where they make promises that hope they never have to deliver.. 

Regardless of how her husband feels, you seem in the know about that, Mrs Zaghary Ratcliffe was feckin fizzing about it when she spoke to the press and TV about the confession a few months ago.

To be honest, whilst recognising his suffering, he comes third behind his wife and his daughter when considering how she got sandbagged with the confession at the airport

1 hour ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

Thats not how the UK electoral system works. You vote for someone to represent you locally. Then the party with the largest number of seats forms government. The leader of that party is the PM. 

When Ms Sturgeon became leader in 2014 no one voted for her to be the First Minister. 

Plenty of people voted for the Tories because they wanted Boris as PM, not caring who their MP would be. 

The Scottish pubic, millions of them have had plenty of election to vote for a new FM.

Better luck at the next election  :lol:  

I think it is fair to say that all voters in Scotland and England knew who their respective leader would be if a particular party won the general election, the problem we all face now is that we are being lumbered with a leader that the majority of supporters of even that party don't get a say in choosing.

Regardless of your political affiliation, Liz Truss's comments about our First Minister are a slap in the face to Scotland. 

Whether you're a Unionist or a Nationalist, or somewhere undecided in between, you can't fail to see that our country's democratically elected government is being rubbished by a stuck-up nobody who is likely to be leading the UK government in a few weeks time.

Such disdain for Scotland is unbecoming of a pending leader of the UK  government who will probably be in control of our future. How can we just sit back and be complicit with our demise ?

Fu*k her. 

3 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Regardless of your political affiliation, Liz Truss's comments about our First Minister are a slap in the face to Scotland. 

Whether you're a Unionist or a Nationalist, or somewhere undecided in between, you can't fail to see that our country's democratically elected government is being rubbished by a stuck-up nobody who is likely to be leading the UK government in a few weeks time.

Such disdain for Scotland is unbecoming of a pending leader of the UK  government who will probably be in control of our future. How can we just sit back and be complicit with our demise ?

Fu*k her. 

This is Liz Truss’s way of avoiding a public debate with Nicola Sturgeon who would rip her to shreds in the first 5 minutes never mind a 60 minute debate.

So its like a SMISA election where the candidates are vetted by a 3rd party before they are put before the members. Very democratic system.
You're just making shit up again, aren't you?

For clarity, any member can stand for election for leader of the SNP. They would need the backing of at least 100 members drawn from at least 20 branches. A 2 minute Google gave me that info - section 15.7 of the SNP constitution. But, as I previously said, they would have to choose to do so.

This is Liz Truss’s way of avoiding a public debate with Nicola Sturgeon who would rip her to shreds in the first 5 minutes never mind a 60 minute debate.
Yeah, but it's not really much of a challenge, even Ricky could probably do it in 10 minutes - whilst paying for someone's shopping.

14 hours ago, Slarti said:

You're just making shit up again, aren't you?

For clarity, any member can stand for election for leader of the SNP. They would need the backing of at least 100 members drawn from at least 20 branches. A 2 minute Google gave me that info - section 15.7 of the SNP constitution. But, as I previously said, they would have to choose to do so.

Is your SNP Constitution next to your copy of Mein Kampf. Watch you don’t get the 2 mixed up.

Making stuff up 😂 

Why did no one oppose her as potential leader in 2014, was she possibly groomed by Salmond for the role.

24 minutes ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

Is your SNP Constitution next to your copy of Mein Kampf. Watch you don’t get the 2 mixed up.

Making stuff up 😂 

Why did no one oppose her as potential leader in 2014, was she possibly groomed by Salmond for the role.

Why would you think I have a copy of the SNP Constitution when I just told you that I Googled it?

You were obviously making up that I had said anything remotely like you were making out.

I don't know, maybe you should ask a member of the SNP.

4 minutes ago, Slarti said:

Why would you think I have a copy of the SNP Constitution when I just told you that I Googled it?

You were obviously making up that I had said anything remotely like you were making out.

I don't know, maybe you should ask a member of the SNP.

I thought you were making it up, as i could not find the Constitution on google never mind section 15.7.

the second line in your response is written like a true politician. Lots of words with no content

19 hours ago, Tommy said:

Plenty of people voted for the Tories because they wanted Boris as PM, not caring who their MP would be. 

The Scottish pubic, millions of them have had plenty of election to vote for a new FM.

Better luck at the next election  :lol:  

Not sure the relevance of your first line. You must be fuming that Boris will be gone as the SNP deflector. Suppose you could just change the narrative from Boris to Westminster. 

Pubic hair does not get a vote in Scotland. I will conceded if they did then you would get the millions you claim.

For the record i have never voted Tory !!

19 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Fu*k her. 

I’m not sure i took the comment as distain of Scotland and more a sound bite dig at Sturgeon. What i was concerned about was the audience reaction to the comment that demonstrates that there were many who aligned themselves with Truss comments and dislike the FM

If these comments on Sturgeon are as you claim a reflection of Scotland then you can also say that some of the comments made by Sturgeon on Johnson are her rubbishing English people.  

The problem with all politicians now is they play for the populism angle and are more interested in the sound bite than delivering policy.

While this side issue is going on no one is talking about education, NHS, public services, ferries, strikes, Prestwick, Hospital Scandals, Aluminium smelters, borderline sexual predator behaviour.

11 minutes ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

Not sure the relevance of your first line. You must be fuming that Boris will be gone as the SNP deflector. Suppose you could just change the narrative from Boris to Westminster. 

Pubic hair does not get a vote in Scotland. I will conceded if they did then you would get the millions you claim.

For the record i have never voted Tory !!

If you don't understand my 1st line that's your problem.

Your 2nd line is a belter  :lol:

3rd line, who said you did ? 

I will leave you to it since any further comments between us would be pointless. 

45 minutes ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

I thought you were making it up, as i could not find the Constitution on google never mind section 15.7.

the second line in your response is written like a true politician. Lots of words with no content

Get a child to show you how to use Google properly and you'll be fine.

If you can't follow the conversation, that's your issue, not mine.

40 minutes ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

Admit it your making it up. To embarrassed to admit you have the SNP Constitution. It’s fine i will not judge

FFS......even I managed to find it online and I'm a bit of a technophobe!!

CONSTITUTION OF THE SCOTTISH NATIONAL PARTY (d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.net)

15.7 The following specific provisions shall apply to both the Leader and Depute Leader: (a) The Leader and Depute Leader shall be elected annually in a vote of all members of the Party conducted in accordance with the Leadership Election Rules. (b) A candidate for Leader or Depute Leader must have the nominations of at least a hundred members, who must be drawn from at least twenty Branches. (c) Subject to their agreement, the incumbent Leader and Depute Leader shall automatically be deemed nominated for re-election. (d) Where only one candidate is nominated for Leader or Depute Leader, it shall not be necessary to hold an election as required by 15.7(a)

1 hour ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

I’m not sure i took the comment as distain of Scotland and more a sound bite dig at Sturgeon. What i was concerned about was the audience reaction to the comment that demonstrates that there were many who aligned themselves with Truss comments and dislike the FM

If these comments on Sturgeon are as you claim a reflection of Scotland then you can also say that some of the comments made by Sturgeon on Johnson are her rubbishing English people.  

The problem with all politicians now is they play for the populism angle and are more interested in the sound bite than delivering policy.

While this side issue is going on no one is talking about education, NHS, public services, ferries, strikes,  Hospital Scandals, Aluminium smelters,  sexual predator behaviour.

Calm yersel man....  They'll sort these's minor problems out once they pick their new leader