Liz Truss

12 minutes ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

Another nationalist standard response. It’s all Thatchers fault. Christ she has not been in power since 1990. 32 later she is still getting rolled out to blame for Scotland selling its assets. Most of the assets i mentioned were sold to foreign owners after she had died in 2013

So privatisation in the UK only started after she died? I don’t think so.

3 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Did I say they did?

I was nearly pointing out the alternative to your view of the majority of Scots not voting a Tory government. Neither did the UK.

Nor did the majority of Scots vote SNP in either the General Election or the Scottish Elections.

The SNP do not represent the views of the majority of Scotland - FACT

A small niggle: equally important, I feel. 
There's no need for an apostrophe in “bloody foreigner’s”.
I hope this helps?

How did you miss this classic piece of irony? [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

...when you have nothing of intelligent left to respond with. 

1 minute ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

I was nearly pointing out the alternative to your view of the majority of Scots not voting a Tory government. Neither did the UK.

Nor did the majority of Scots vote SNP in either the General Election or the Scottish Elections.

The SNP do not represent the views of the majority of Scotland - FACT

You are making an assumption that I’m an SNP supporter.

You don’t need to be a member of the SNP or vote for them to believe in independence.

Why are you so scared of independence?

2 minutes ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

Is privatisation a bad thing. When these companies were nationalised they were a financial disaster. They were privatised because of the burden they were to the government 

Is that a question you are asking me?

3 minutes ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

Is privatisation a bad thing. When these companies were nationalised they were a financial disaster. They were privatised because of the burden they were to the government 

So ALL UK companies that were privatised and bought over by foreign investors as a result of policies introduced during the Thatcher years were all financial basket cases? Nope. Wrong again.

1 minute ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

You are making an assumption that I’m an SNP supporter.

You don’t need to be a member of the SNP or vote for them to believe in independence.

Why are you so scared of independence?

You are making assumptions that I’m scared of independence. I’m more scared that i become some boring pedantic person lokin fir peples spellin misteaks 

1 minute ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

So ALL UK companies that were privatised and bought over by foreign investors as a result of policies introduced during the Thatcher years were all financial basket cases? Nope. Wrong again.

I never said all companies. But to counter the argument. Please advise the Nationalised companies that were model organisations running a great profit in to the coffers of the government. 

Bye Stuart.
Please don’t throw any DVD players or TVs round your house or at other people.
You might need to see a doctor if you end up doing your back in. We would not like to see you require a Blue Badge to get out and about in your car.

23 minutes ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

Untrue.

The earlier privatisations involved several profitable companies as the focus was on privatising profit making companies to raise revenues and to reduce public-sector borrowing. 

What was that you were saying about facts?

Edited by FTOF

1 hour ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

Please name all such companies with their track record 

BT, Gas… solid businesses in the process of modernising and developing their technology, with great British engineers.

investment in modernisation for a UK future soon ran poor second behind creating profit, which was directly disbursed to shareholders - rather than reinvestment for a national future and common wealth.

4 hours ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

I’d not pick a fight with Stuart Dickson. He has violent tendencies. 

Er….

I really cannae credit the coherence, general good grammar and spelling of those posts, with me ole mucker (I think I spelt that correctly…) Lost Ud, (law stud!) Stuart Dickson.

Surely not!  Naw….

Will the real Lost Ud (if he still posts…) please concede that it isnae him?

2 minutes ago, Slarti said:
7 minutes ago, antrin said:
Perhaps I took it as read - that the words “intelligent” and “left” fitted perfectly well together…?  :rolleyes:

Ehhhhhhhh, naw.

Ok, then.

One's a typo not worth bothering with.  (If it was funny, then… aye… mibbe.  It wisnae.)

The other is an actual egregious abuse of grammar and the English language.

Ok, then.
One's a typo not worth bothering with.  (If it was funny, then… aye… mibbe.  It wisnae.)
It was the fact that he was commenting on someone else's intelligence when he did it, that I found amusing. In situations like that you should really tripell chick you're spelling ant grama.

11 hours ago, Slarti said:
12 hours ago, antrin said:
Ok, then.

It was the fact that he was commenting on someone else's intelligence when he did it, that I found amusing. In situations like that you should really tripell chick you're spelling ant grama.

Interesting that you measure someone’s intellect on their ability to proof read their spelling. I presume if you had read a post from people such as Albert Einstein, Alexander Graham Bell, Thomas Edison, F.Scott Fitgerald, Henry Ford and Ingvar Kamprad etc you would classify them all as thick as fck. ( Richard Branson was borderline for inclusion on that list !!)

Maybe i should just take a leaf out of Billy Kay and write in Scots

Interesting that you measure someone’s intellect on their ability to proof read their spelling. I presume if you had read a post from people such as Albert Einstein, Alexander Graham Bell, Thomas Edison, F.Scott Fitgerald, Henry Ford and Ingvar Kamprad etc you would classify them all as thick as fck. ( Richard Branson was borderline for inclusion on that list !!)
Maybe i should just take a leaf out of Billy Kay and write in Scots
No it isn't, because I never did that. I laughed at your f**ked up attempt at belittling someone else's.

I measure your intellect by the fact that you couldn't understand that, even though it was perfectly clear.

49 minutes ago, Slarti said:

No it isn't, because I never did that. I laughed at your f**ked up attempt at belittling someone else's.

I measure your intellect by the fact that you couldn't understand that, even though it was perfectly clear.

We have been through this before. You have this self belief that you are the smartest person in the room. Thats fine. If spelling mistakes bring you humour then knock yer self out. 

I rarely understand your posts, normally monotonous. They have no real content and are imo deliberately written to allow you to take a pompous and arrogant stance. But hey you are the Professor